House Price Crash Forum
0q0

Tent Cities - The Repossessed In Los Angeles

at least its warm there

Imagine a tent in Hyde Park on a winters nite! :ph34r:

I very much doubt that any sitting British Government would allow families with young children to live like that. I spent 6 years living in America, it really is an un-caring souless feck you i'm alright society!

A country with little or no social safety net and a country that praises success and scorns on the most vunerable. Land of the free, home of the brave? I shite emm

I very much doubt that any sitting British Government would allow families with young children to live like that. I spent 6 years living in America, it really is an un-caring souless feck you i'm alright society!

A country with little or no social safety net and a country that praises success and scorns on the most vunerable. Land of the free, home of the brave? I shite emm

Don't kid yourself. There were tents in London parks in the last crash. My wife's boss remembers them well.

Anyone who watched the budget this week should know now how strong and decisive this government is in the face of disaster.

In Brighton there are is a community of people who live in lorries or all kinds of big vehicles, they park them along the wider streets around Preston Park, some are crusties but some are regular people with 9-5 jobs who just can't afford anything else (or refuse to pay extortionate amounts of rent). they've been there for at least 3 yrs that i know of. There are alot of other people who do this in other towns and cities, just look at all the camper vans you see parked up alongthe streets, alot of them have people living in them !! So this kind of existence does happen in the UK , just alot more low key.

Don't kid yourself. There were tents in London parks in the last crash. My wife's boss remembers them well.

Anyone who watched the budget this week should know now how strong and decisive this government is in the face of disaster.

Well since i was born in the early 1960's i have seen many an economic down turn recession, this would not be allowed to happen, tents in london parks in the last crash, sorry simply not true. This would not be allowed to happen here, you would have riots that would make the poll tax riots look like a fun day out in the city.

I never saw people relegated to tents in the last 2 crashes, you are simply making it up!

In Brighton there are is a community of people who live in lorries or all kinds of big vehicles, they park them along the wider streets around Preston Park, some are crusties but some are regular people with 9-5 jobs who just can't afford anything else (or refuse to pay extortionate amounts of rent). they've been there for at least 3 yrs that i know of. There are alot of other people who do this in other towns and cities, just look at all the camper vans you see parked up alongthe streets, alot of them have people living in them !! So this kind of existence does happen in the UK , just alot more low key.

Yes, the UK equivalent of trailer parks are static caravan parks. Most parks have quite a big permanent community and seem to avoid planning permisson problems by moving out for a month a year.

Round here (east coast of Scotland) quite a few people are living full-time in caravan parks.

One of my friends came up from pompey and was talking about this. People were laughing at him, thought he was making it up.