House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
It is different this time

Workers From Eu Who Don't Want A Job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

The torn tents, slop buckets and overpowering odour of human waste suggest it is a refugee camp.

But this squalid scene is not the makeshift shelter created by victims of some war-torn region, but the home of economic migrants in modern-day Britain. It shows how many live after arriving from Eastern European countries hoping for a better life.

campDM1203_468x381.jpg

The pictures were taken in Peterborough, where the city council said many at the camp had refused offers of help to find work and accommodation.

camp2MEN1203_468x338.jpg

Tent village: Peterborough City Council want to get rid of the immigrants living here

trampDM1203_468x335.jpg

Down and out: Men living in a Peterborough car park

A city council spokesman said: "There's no shortage of work at rates that aren't too bad. They could work and could find accommodation but these people can't be bothered. "They are wasters. They are giving migrant workers a bad name."

John Holdich, the councillor responsible for housing, said: "These migrants don't want to go home under any circumstances.

"Living in a tent seems to be better than living back home." A Lithuanian man, who declined to be named, said: "I was told I wouldn't go hungry in Britain and that is true.

"You can always find food. But there is not a house for me. I am very disappointed."

A 35-year-old woman said she had left a job as a shop assistant in Lithuania 18 months ago and had been living in camps on and off ever since. "I don't want to go back to Lithuania. I came here because I heard that when you arrive there would be a job," she added.

A 30-year-old Polish man from another camp said: "After we joined the EU I heard it was possible to get housing and money, even if you haven't got a job. "We don't want to go home. We came here to change our lives. I feel this country has let me down."

What I don't understand is why they would refuse offers of help to find work and accommodation and when they do then the question must be; How can this sort of living conditions be allowed in a civilised society? Shambolic!

I wonder what the French would do if I decided to camp in Champs-Elysees with my tent? :lol:

Welcome to Brown's Britain.

The fool has no right to open our borders to all who fancy coming unless he:

1. Provides housing for them.

2. Provides jobs for them.

3. Provides education and housing for them.

4. Provides medical and dental care for them.

Simply allow economic refugees to drift over here in the thousands and expecting them to live in tents or boxes because they will never afford housing or get a job is a disgrace.

What I don't understand is why they would refuse offers of help to find work and accommodation...

There's a very good reason why you don't understand it. It's because it's just another perversion of the truth from the Daily Mail. I wondered how long that rag would take to jump onto the 'Peterborough' bandwagon. I'm just surprised it took them two days rather than one!

BTW, did you notice the caption under the photographs of the men in the carpark? No mention of immigrants. But the unintelligent would have jumped at the chance of making a link.

Any day now, we'll have the Daily Mail screaming 'Those dirty foreigners are raping our women and eating our babies!'. And, there'll be loads of people - many on here - who'll want believe it. Cretins!

p

"You can always find food. But there is not a house for me. I am very disappointed."

Surely Brown owes a duty to house the immigrants he invited to this country? Is this not an abuse of human rights--to cause people to be homeless? The least Brown could do is to open up land on the outskirts of Edinburgh to build vast tracts of pre-fabs to bus immigrants into as they arrive at our ports of entry?

I'm afraid when the UK's economy is going down, more and more will try to blame it on immigrants.

There's 10000s of successful Poles, but of course Daily Mail will never show them. How about this then?:

Tapping Poland’s brightest - The Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/e...icle3510811.ece

I agree, the story doesn't even make any sense, it's like it was drafted just to push people's buttons.

all of the people mentioned housing, yet they all turned down housing assistance?

it just really sounds like many details are left out.

there will be wasters in any group of people, splashing a bad few on the cover of a rag as representative of a pretty hardworking majority is sloppy and bankrupt.

Edited by Mr Nice

I feel this country has let me down.

Ye Gods! They come over here and expect a house by right. Plenty of Brits don't have houses. Migrants can f*** off! This country is full, and has been full for decades. We don't have housing, schools, hospitals, road-space, domestically-grown food, or even water for more people. Every extra person is a burden.

And I don't care about all the "hard working Poles". For every hard-working Pole there's a feckless native living off my taxes. I say: kick the immigrants out; no dole for the able-bodied - work or starve - see if I care; but raise the minimum wage to a livable wage, eg $10/hr - ie, 50 weeks of 40hrs each gets you £20K - which should be enough to live on, especially when housing is cheap because we've kicked all the immigrants out.

:angry:

I wonder what the French would do if I decided to camp in Champs-Elysees with my tent? :lol:

Ready to laugh more? Paris is littered with those but they don't house immigrants. Oh No, they house French people. :blink:

That great nation of Socilaism, Human rights and what have you would never tolerate this from immigrants. It's their own citizens that live like that, and lots of them.

picture of tent in OP - can't find how to insert!!

I'm sure I saw this picture before, but saying it had been taken in France - not Sangatte, but somewhere similar.

Edited by cartimandua51

There's a very good reason why you don't understand it. It's because it's just another perversion of the truth from the Daily Mail. I wondered how long that rag would take to jump onto the 'Peterborough' bandwagon. I'm just surprised it took them two days rather than one!

BTW, did you notice the caption under the photographs of the men in the carpark? No mention of immigrants. But the unintelligent would have jumped at the chance of making a link.

Any day now, we'll have the Daily Mail screaming 'Those dirty foreigners are raping our women and eating our babies!'. And, there'll be loads of people - many on here - who'll want believe it. Cretins!

p

Pictures speak louder than words I suggest you tell us why this sort of living conditions should be allowed in a civilised society then you can attack Daily Mail. This is not the first time we have seen & heard this sort of conditions and won't be the last time. What is unintelligent is to defend the indefensible. This sort of conditions is shambolic & not acceptable in this country. Read Realistbear's post then you may learn what incompetent politicians should do well before those people come here.

p

Run out of swans then, have they ??? :lol:

They are living in Hyde Park last time i was there and combining that with press reports from last year I assume the same reasons, when summer comes it should be easier. Most of it must be pride, or embarassment at going back home without any money.

The slightly "Arian Race" view of all immigrants working 24 hours a day, carefully saving money to go home and spending evenings writing letters under a candelight about how great a country this is, all while local youth vomit in the street and refuse to work for less than £50ph is as far removed from reality as any extreme viewpoint based on gut feelings and bias reporting.

Pictures speak louder than words I suggest you tell us why this sort of living conditions should be allowed in a civilised society...

I agree with you 'this sort of living conditions [sic]' shouldn't be allowed in a civilised society. That's why it doesn't exist in the UK. It's just another one of the Daily Mail's many invented scare stories over the years. Some people want to be frightened. You believe them if they make you happy.

p

What I don't understand is why they would refuse offers of help to find work and accommodation and when they do then the question must be; How can this sort of living conditions be allowed in a civilised society? Shambolic!

There must be a mistake here. ALL immigrants are hard workers who put us Brits to shame. There is no downside to immigration. I have been reliably informed that this is fact by the Goverment and various other people of limited intelligence :lol::lol:

I agree with you 'this sort of living conditions [sic]' shouldn't be allowed in a civilised society. That's why it doesn't exist in the UK. It's just another one of the Daily Mail's many invented scare stories over the years. Some people want to be frightened. You believe them if they make you happy.

p

You are hilarious, you brainwashed nulab bot :lol::lol:

If the rest of the Labour party are like you it explains so much about the state of this country today. If it's in the Daily Mail it can't be true :rolleyes: As bad as thinking EVERYTHING you read in the papers is true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

I've slept rough with a bivvy bag alongside my touring bicycle in the gardens under the Eiffel Tower.

Not one problem, and it was actually ace. Around about midnight a load of African musicians turned up, and there was a sort of mass picnic into the early hours.

Next day I got to ride around all the main Parisian streets with 10,000 other cyclists led off by Eddie Mercx, to celebrate the Tour De France's centenary

Thanks for the happy memory.

Actually to be honest I've never had any problems bivvying on me bike whilst cycling around France, even got invited in for lunch at a chateau near Monet's old gaffe, however kipping rough in the UK, even if it's obvious you're not being a bother has always seen the arrival of the fuzz.

I've slept rough with a bivvy bag alongside my touring bicycle in the gardens under the Eiffel Tower.

Not one problem, and it was actually ace. Around about midnight a load of African musicians turned up, and there was a sort of mass picnic into the early hours.

Next day I got to ride around all the main Parisian streets with 10,000 other cyclists led off by Eddie Mercx, to celebrate the Tour De France's centenary

Thanks for the happy memory.

Actually to be honest I've never had any problems bivvying on me bike whilst cycling around France, even got invited in for lunch at a chateau near Monet's old gaffe, however kipping rough in the UK, even if it's obvious you're not being a bother has always seen the arrival of the fuzz.

Slept there myself many years back. I was just getting ready to pick a suitably good bush to hide in (being used to uk attitudes) when one of the security guards clocked me.

Feeling a bit stuck I asked him if there was anywhere I could sleep and he invited me to do so under the tower! Said he'd wake me up when he needed me to move on in the morning and keep an eye out in the meantime!

Shared a bottle of JD with a jamaican guy on his way to london, lent him a spare sleeping bag and had a great nights kip.

Strangely though, the country cops were right B*stards if they found you dossed down in a field. I was woken by a damn good kick from them on several occasions.

Too old for all that stuff now, but it was OK at the time.

Guest vicmac64
Welcome to Brown's Britain.

The fool has no right to open our borders to all who fancy coming unless he:

1. Provides housing for them.

2. Provides jobs for them.

3. Provides education and housing for them.

4. Provides medical and dental care for them.

Simply allow economic refugees to drift over here in the thousands and expecting them to live in tents or boxes because they will never afford housing or get a job is a disgrace.

RB everything we complain about on this site stems from the TREASON of our elected ministers and PMs.

We will never get anywhere until we restore true deomocratic values. Make no mistake about it politics counts as the people and sheeple will soon realise.

It is absolutely vital if we are to have a truly democratic and libertarian state to establish a set constitution which clearly defines the boundaries of business, politics and liberty in this country.

Right now we have the end result of knavish actions by govenment and globalist businesses.

\by the way i am a true democratic capitalist.

mmm

——-Original Message——- From: rsreply@dwpub.com [mailto:rsreply@dwpub.com] Sent: 13 February 2008 15:57 To:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Response Source - Diana Appleyard , Daily Mail (Request for personal case study)

PUBLICATION: Daily Mail (Request for personal case study)

JOURNALIST: Diana Appleyard (staff)

DEADLINE: 14-February-2008 16:00

QUERY: I am urgently looking for anonymous horror stories of people who have employed Eastern European staff, only for them to steal from them, disappear, or have lied about their resident status. We can pay you £100 for taking part, and I promise it will be anonymous, just a quick phone call. Could you email me asap? Many thanks, Diana

HOW TO REPLY:

Email: mailto:dianaappleyard@aol.com

Phone: not provided for use

Fax: 01296 738083 (preferred)