House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

New Propertysnake Record For Northampton

Property snake for Northamptonshire today scrapped onto 50 pages of reductions today, beating the Feb record of 48 !!!!

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/locati...dated_date_desc

They only list up to 50 pages of reductions so this is about as high as it can ever get !!!!

I had a sneaking suspicion that this might happen as we reached march and everyone realised that they couldnt see their house. You can hear the conversation now "No viewings, its not selling, house prices dropping, yes dear, we'll drop the price and catch the easter rush" :P

Who runs property-snake ? Can they increase the list number from 50 to 100 so we can see what happens next month !!!

The spring bounce is happening....yes, the house prices are bouncing down a BIG hill.

interesting stats count.yours is the snake update I follow most.what sort of drops are you seeing ni the ones you want?

Hi Reaper. Still only seeing small drops, of up to 5%. Doesnt look like any much is shifting though after they've dropped the price.

Last week was quite significant though as I had 2 agents call me and say they have two people who are desperate ( as in respossesion desperate ) to sell and would take 10% below asking. Both places are on a £300K+. I viewed both but wasnt interested, its hard to commit to a purchase in a falling market :lol:

Another thing I've noticed this week with property-bee are several houses status changing from Sold STC to Available in the £250K+ level. Ive seen 6 or 7 so far this week.

Also, i've seen 2 or 3 developers knocking £35 to £50K off new builds !!!!

Also, the Alsop residential auction has 6 places listed for Northampton, i've followed Allsops for 2 years now and ive only ever seen 2 at most. And this handy website: http://www.eigroup.co.uk/public/searchresults.asp?src=Search has 11 lots listed for Northampton, again, unprecedented.

Ancedotally, A previously bullish friend of mine called me yesterday, he asked if I had bought a place yet, I said no, he said "well, the market has a long way to go before it bottoms out so I'd not bother for a while". This fella was adamant till 2 months ago houses were a good investment.

The tide has truely turned.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere