House Price Crash Forum

Watch America! - Part 2

Belfast Boy

HOLA441

Lots of bad news about America's problems coming out now. So I have decided to start a new thread for discussion.

Telegraph - Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor - click here.

House prices fell 9.1pc last year. Goldman Sachs fears a 25pc fall from peak to trough, others go as far as 40pc. Some 8.8m US homeowners already face negative equity on their houses, yet the crash is still gathering pace.

"...the crash is still gathering pace."

No open economy can avoid the ugly fall-out of an American slump. Yet Britain is doubly at risk. It duplicated the errors of the US bubble, and must suffer the same fate. The UK is merely nine months behind. America tipped last autumn. We tip this summer.

"We tip this summer."

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
ha ...spot the BULL status in your profile.....begone with you evil one :P

When we talk about America, I'm wearing Championmogo's shoes! :)

I hope President Mbabama will do something to help me, at taxpayers' expense!

HOLA445
Guest vicmac64

BB America will most certainly lead the way in this catastrophic failure of currency as we know it. Each day I become more convinced that the hugh derivatives bubble which dwarfs national economies by a factor of many time ( I'm talking all economies ) will indeed collapse.

If this happens this will be a catastrophic event of an unparalleled scale.

The Fed and the BOE and others have allowed this hugh bubble to be created - there is now way around this fact - they allowed it to happen and they were very aware of what was going on - now the stimulating question is WHY?

You all know the story - when anything happens ask yourself who benefits? Well who would benefit from a collapse of worldwide fiat currencies???

Nobody?? think again!

Why allow the collapse of worldwide currencies????

Now you are getting closer!

You would only bring them down in concert if you had an alternative in the wings - a global currency!!!!

TIED TO A GLOBAL GOVERNMENT (which means the end of democracy and liberty)

See if I'm right ---- more than likely not long to go now

(So you lost everything - don't worry we'll restore it IF!!!!!!!)

HOLA446
You would only bring them down in concert if you had an alternative in the wings - a global currency!!!!

TIED TO A GLOBAL GOVERNMENT (which means the end of democracy and liberty)

See if I'm right ---- more than likely not long to go now

(So you lost everything - don't worry we'll restore it IF!!!!!!!)

Oh God. It's not that cave dweller again up to his old tricks

funnyPamandOsama.jpg

Apparently these two where spotted in the same club on Sunset last night, is that Dr Evil?? Yikes

mini-me.jpg

IMO who is the conspirator you refer to, enlighten me before I bite my nails to a stump...

Btw what size is the global derivative market, $500 trillion? How much of this is prime? How much do banks, as a matter of recourse globally w/off per year? How much for example is Goldman Sachs worth in trillions, based on assets.

If you right, fair play for the heads up...

Edited by md23040

HOLA447
Guest vicmac64
Oh God. It's not that cave dweller again up to his old tricks

funnyPamandOsama.jpg

Apparently these two where spotted in the same club on Sunset last night, is that Dr Evil?? Yikes

mini-me.jpg

IMO who is the conspirator you refer to, enlighten me before I bite my nails to a stump...

Btw what size is the global derivative market, $500 trillion? How much of this is prime? How much do banks, as a matter of recourse globally w/off per year? How much for example is Goldman Sachs worth in trillions, based on assets.

If you right, fair play for the heads up...

Yeah - It's me the cave dweller you've been laughing at for so long - only the laugh is getting a bit hollow now? no?

Exercise your mind - its good for you..

HOLA448
Yeah - It's me the cave dweller you've been laughing at for so long - only the laugh is getting a bit hollow now? no?

Exercise your mind - its good for you..

Please tell me VicMac in all seriousness. My brains telling me to get a curry for lunch - tummy rumbles. Btw re inflation -the price went up from €4.99 to €5.49 in the last month.

By OPmaths grasp that's a 10% increase month on month, and to extrapolate further, say over 5 years - 1.10^120 [d'oh - maybe wrong - oops, who cares] = 92,709% increase or €508,972.41 [better get munchin]!! Or if talking about house prices, reverse it the other way to £2.37. Pity NI HPG has been -8% so far and -9% across the pond - what a magician, what a laugh

:lol:

Serious Vicmac. Like to know your thoughts. I'm open to all views - is it the Bohemian Grove, Branch Dividian or something else - you refer to? Maybe the Bilderberg Club - they're in the sh1t with the Carlton Club syndicate and its failing on margin calls...

EDIT add-on You're not Alex Jones, or are pretending to be him by chance. Btw anyone trying to out-smart the market and deviate away from the traditional basket is asking for trouble. Anyone doing forex without a hedge to reinvest is really asking for trouble IMO - high risk tight rope strategy can led to big big losses. Looking for spikes may inversely turn on you.

Don't mess with America! Now, being a homeowner there

Sogy you are from the Carolina's [been to Edenton and the islands - years ago] - what's the state or level of sickness of America. I'm looking seriously post election at blue chip investment there excl banks, as when people are at their most fearful, can be the best time to buy [media is pretty doomful]- in small parcels ofcourse over 24 months and following the averaging theorm.

Theoretically I think post election USA, McCain won't succeed. Troops in Iraq will be pulled out, in less than 18 months.

Edited by md23040

HOLA449

I 'd like to know it too! In Russia grand designs like that were usually attributed to some imaginary "Jewish-Masonc conspiracy", but I have no idea who your bogeyman is.

I think what's going on has a simpler explanation: an abysmal stupidity and ignorance of most of those in power in today's world.

HOLA4410
Please tell me VicMac in all seriousness. My brains telling me to get a curry for lunch - tummy rumbles. Btw re inflation -the price went up from €4.99 to €5.49 in the last month.

By OPmaths grasp that's a 10% increase month on month, and to extrapolate further, say over 5 years - 1.10^120 [d'oh - maybe wrong - oops, who cares] = 92,709% increase or €508,972.41 [better get munchin]!! Or if talking about house prices, reverse it the other way to £2.37. Pity NI HPG has been -8% so far and -9% across the pond - what a magician, what a laugh

Serious Vicmac. Like to know your thoughts. I'm open to all views - is it the Bohemian Grove, Branch Dividian or something else - you refer to? Maybe the Bilderberg Club - they're in the sh1t with the Carlton Club syndicate and its failing on margin calls...

EDIT add-on You're not Alex Jones, or are pretending to be him by chance. Btw anyone trying to out-smart the market and deviate away from the traditional basket is asking for trouble. Anyone doing forex without a hedge to reinvest is really asking for trouble IMO - high risk tight rope strategy can led to big big losses. Looking for spikes may inversely turn on you.

Sogy you are from the Carolina's [been to Edenton and the islands - years ago] - what's the state or level of sickness of America. I'm looking seriously post election at blue chip investment there excl banks, as when people are at their most fearful, can be the best time to buy [media is pretty doomful]- in small parcels ofcourse over 24 months and following the averaging theorm.

Theoretically I think post election USA, McCain won't succeed. Troops in Iraq will be pulled out, in less than 18 months.

Careful, MD, Vicmac's points are valid, albeit a la Cgnao, but I only see dollar collapse and Gold appreciation at the moment and with Bear Stearns doing a NR, things are only getting worse.

Just because he is uber-bear and you are uber-bull, the attitude is unwarranted. Let's face it, you can't cope with abuse too well, and need to block BB just to stop yourself throwing the toys out of the pram

HOLA4411
Careful, MD, Vicmac's points are valid, albeit a la Cgnao, but I only see dollar collapse and Gold appreciation at the moment and with Bear Stearns doing a NR, things are only getting worse. Just because he is uber-bear and you are uber-bull, the attitude is unwarranted

I am generally interested in any view to do with the American credit [Global] crunch and am aware also of the risks posed with these hedge funds with 98% leverage - 3% negative can cause a total wipe out. The collective spider’s web of the complex derivative market makes it difficult for all banks to realise their position. And the direct intervention on Bear Stearns will not be the last. I do not take the credit crunch flippantly and realise USA plc will either (i) repair itself in typical mode and pull out of recession Q3/08 like all previous economic cycles (ii) Go absolutely down the toilet.

If the second continues to be persistent, then the American government will throw everything to intervene in a bid to shore up liquidity and asset lending within this complex ABX market. Inflation is not a fear of the FED; it will fight this battle later to unravel the contagion. If it can spend $2.5trillion on a war, it will provide any guarantees on moderate to bad collateral [short term] to provide stability and integrity within the market. Btw Bear Stearns as an investment Wall Street Bank should have be allowed to go to the wall – it’s customers are mainly large institutions and hedge funds and by propping up such an institution may allow it to survive for takeover, but it could slacken the possibility of a floor being found, and other hedge funds could also through this malaise die slowly of 1000 cuts.

Again interesting programme on Newsnight, that completely follows my take of the situation. For persons just reading HPC.co.uk then infowars.com, this would do your head in. Although they have merit it's important to have balance and read mainstream media [FT] and magazines [Economist/Newsweek/Moneyweek], at most give teletext 200 on BBC2 a whirl.

But genuinely I'd like to know anyone’s views - just for a laugh, thought it was Bin Laden and Dr Evil - meant in a humorous way. Btw I am not a bull per se, an informed skeptic that sifts the markets and tries to make informed decisions - some good, and some bad. Bad - Japan equity. But no matter what, money is always chasing growth - look at the Egyptian S/exchange. Best performing in the last 3 years [hardly on the radar for most]...

Rate cut on Tuesday 100 bps, any views? This will put pressure onto BoE and ECB.

Let's face it, you can't cope with abuse too well

No one can, if sustained and attacking. I don't think my expression to anyones of late has been this way but point taken.

Edited by md23040

HOLA4412
Guest vicmac64
I am generally interested in any view to do with the American credit [Global] crunch and am aware also of the risks posed with these hedge funds with 98% leverage - 3% negative can cause total wipe out. The collective spider’s web of the complex derivative market makes it difficult for all banks to realise their position. And the direct intervention on Bear Stearns will not be the last. I do not take the credit crunch flippantly and realise USA plc will either (i) repair itself in typical mode and pull out of recession Q3/08 like all previous economic cycles (ii) Go absolutely down the toilet.

If the second continues to be persistently an option, then the American government will throw everything to intervene in a bid to shore up liquidity and asset lending within this complex ABX market. Inflation is not a fear of the FED; it will fight this battle later to unravel the contagion. If it can spend $2.5trillion on a war, it will provide any guarantees on bad collateral [short term] to provide stability and integrity to the market. Btw Bear Stearns as an investment Wall Street Bank should have be allowed to go to the wall – it’s customers are mainly large institutions and hedge funds and by propping up such an institution may allow it to survive for takeover, but it could slacken the possibility of a floor being found, and other hedge funds dying of slow 1000 cut deaths.

Again interesting programme on Newsnight, that completely follows my view on the situation. For persons just reading HPC.co.uk then infowars.com, this would do your head in. Although they have merit it's important to have balance and read mainstream media [FT] and magazines [Economist/Newsweek/Moneyweek], at most give teletext 200 on BBC2 a whirl.

But genuinely I'd like to know anyone’s views - just for a laugh, thought it was Bin Laden and Dr Evil - meant in a humorous way. Btw I am not a bull per se, an informed skeptic that sifts the markets and tries to make informed decisions - some good, and some bad. Bad - Japan equity. But no matter what, money is always chasing growth - look at the Egyptian S/exchange. Best performing in the last 3 years [hardly on the radar for most]...

No one can, if sustained and attacking. I don't think my expression to anyones of late has been this way but point taken.

My reply to MD would be - do your own research - I have my views and have had so for a very long time - so very possibly I am wrong - but I don't think so - I guess this is where all delusions eminate from. However I still believe so. I suggest you start MD with doing a few searches on the internet ref any possible links between world leaders - anything that would tie them together. Then I suggest you read what some of those world leaders have had to say about those that were really in control. The truth can be different in everyones eyes I admit. But I don't think anyone would disagree that money and power are two all corrupting forces when men let them become so. Witness whats happening right now as a consequence of Greed and lust for Power.

HOLA4413
Guest vicmac64
I am generally interested in any view to do with the American credit [Global] crunch and am aware also of the risks posed with these hedge funds with 98% leverage - 3% negative can cause total wipe out. The collective spider’s web of the complex derivative market makes it difficult for all banks to realise their position. And the direct intervention on Bear Stearns will not be the last. I do not take the credit crunch flippantly and realise USA plc will either (i) repair itself in typical mode and pull out of recession Q3/08 like all previous economic cycles (ii) Go absolutely down the toilet.

If the second continues to be persistent, then the American government will throw everything to intervene in a bid to shore up liquidity and asset lending within this complex ABX market. Inflation is not a fear of the FED; it will fight this battle later to unravel the contagion. If it can spend $2.5trillion on a war, it will provide any guarantees on moderate to bad collateral [short term] to provide stability and integrity within the market. Btw Bear Stearns as an investment Wall Street Bank should have be allowed to go to the wall – it’s customers are mainly large institutions and hedge funds and by propping up such an institution may allow it to survive for takeover, but it could slacken the possibility of a floor being found, and other hedge funds could also through this malaise die slowly of 1000 cuts.

Again interesting programme on Newsnight, that completely follows my take of the situation. For persons just reading HPC.co.uk then infowars.com, this would do your head in. Although they have merit it's important to have balance and read mainstream media [FT] and magazines [Economist/Newsweek/Moneyweek], at most give teletext 200 on BBC2 a whirl.

Rate cut on Tuesday 100 bps, any views? This will put pressure onto BoE and ECB.

By the way MD you are entitled to your views as well - its a breath of fresh air to get a different viewpoint (and from time to time I get a lot of oxygen on this site ha ha). So I have taken on board what you are saying. Your posts are well put together and reasoned. We differ on many things but on some we agree. I know What I am saying seems on the face of it to be most unreasonable - but thats the dilemma. Isn't the ongoing collapse of our financial system 'unreasonable and impossible to believe for many people', yet it had been forecast by people who seen it coming 2 or 3 years back on this site. And guess what - they were mocked back then. Now I hope you are right for many reasons, most of all liberty which to me is worth more than its weight in gold money or property. Like they say you 'never miss it till its gone'.

HOLA4414
We differ on many things but on some we agree.

Ron Paul - Saint/Sinner/Bluffer. Interested in your politik.

American media shafted him especially Murdoch. Internet is a powerful media tool. Very powerful in my industry.

HOLA4415
Guest vicmac64

American media shafted him especially Murdoch. Internet is a powerful media tool. Very powerful in my industry.

There is an interesting name Murdoch - now what secret organisations does he belong to? 'CFR' for one - how many of the rest belong to this shadowy organisation (politicians businessmen and bankers). And does its working affect our democracy? and if it does then we have NO DEMOCRACY.

Democracy is the 'peoples preserve' it is a form of 'We the People' not we the globalist businessmen.

HOLA4416
Guest vicmac64
There is an interesting name Murdoch - now what secret organisations does he belong to? 'CFR' for one - how many of the rest belong to this shadowy organisation (politicians businessmen and bankers). And does its working affect our democracy? and if it does then we have NO DEMOCRACY.

Democracy is the 'peoples preserve' it is a form of 'We the People' not we the globalist businessmen.

Ron Paul on the face of it seems to be sincere, correct in his economic analogies and predictions. Believes that money should be backed by gold as per the constitution of the US. So far I would have to say on the basis of what I have seen is that he is a true American patriot. The system hates him because he exposes the rotten foundations of their empires.

Yeah - so far I'd have to give him 9 out of ten. I have misgivings on the control of narcotics and also his attitude to globalist businesses which I believe to be undemocratic by nature - ie they should be broken up (particularly retail globalist businesses).

I hope this answers your questions.

NOTHING SHOULD GET IN THE WAY OF 'WE THE PEOPLE'

HOLA4417

Saint - don't agree with all of his views, but the beauty of it is, if I was an American citizen; I wouldn't have to - I'd have more control over how things panned out in my state (or could move to a different state with laws I believed in).

Switzerland one of the happiest countries in the world apparently - perhaps largely due to citizens feeling they've got a good degree of control over how they are governed locally. As opposed to UK, where people protested against the war (for example) in record numbers, with elderly people who'd never demonstrated before joining in, and did the government give a fook? Did they fook.

Ron Paul doing a lot to educate people on the rotten banking system (fed reserve: not federal, no reserves) but because of getting little mainstream press coverage, he's still only really able to reach people who'd be online looking for such info. anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4418
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4419