House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bearback

Estate Agent Closures

Link To Telegraph & Argus article

Estate agent shuts

By Marc Meneaud

Keighley estate agent Inman Residential has closed down after 29 years in business, leaving two people unemployed.

All the residential properties under the care of Inman have been transferred to The Green Partnership, also based in North Street, after a deal was reached on Sunday.

A message written by owner Barry Inman on his website simply reads: "It is with deep regret that I have to advise, after 29 eventful and interesting years, the time has finally come to close the office.

advertisement

"The Green Partnership will be happy to help with any query you may have and they will, I am sure, continue to give you the service you have come to expect."

The owner of Green Partnership, Andrew Earnshaw, said that he is looking forward to taking on management of the new properties.

He added that a former Inman employee had come to work for him, and said: "We are very pleased that Justine Bairstow has come to join us with her wealth of knowledge."

Hello all,

Spotted in today's Hull Daily Mail. A notice about an Estate Agents insolvency. Still had a double page spread in the property supplement though.

Notice link

It's the second notice on the page. Though all the dates refer back to meetings all ready held. Do any of the Hull members go past the shop during the day - I am wondering if they are still trading?

Their web site is still up.

Todds

My first post - but been a reader for years. Many thanks.

Westbury.

As far as I'm aware they are still in business - Drove past the their office last night and it looked in business. Also saw one of their "for sale" signs near us. So don't know what the meeting was about.

Local Properties closed their Morley branch this year. Missed this section of HPC so didn't report it earlier. Jump and APS went quite a while ago as well. Still too many EA's in Morley and I can't see them all surviving.

I watch rental as well as selling and I am amused at how lazy they are. You think if they really wanted to rent out a property it would have a decent description and more than one grainy photo. I wouldn't accept it as decent service and so can't see how they will survive.