• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
R4 Today programme just had this as breaking news 5 mins ago. Dollar down. FTSE 100 pts down. The markets have finally woken up.

I was expecting to see the FTSE down today. After the little pumping exercise the other day and the subsequent rise it was a foregone conclusion that things would revert to course soon enough. Every time efforts have been made to pump money into the economy the markets have responded by initially going the way the powers-that-be wanted them to, and then going back to where they were going before. It's like watching a Cat playing with a toy mouse. The markets know exactly what the score is but they like to have a little play with the numpties that think they can change it. It's becoming quite predictable... and fun to watch.

Edited by Bingley Bloke

HOLA445
HOLA446
R4 Today programme just had this as breaking news 5 mins ago. Dollar down. FTSE 100 pts down. The markets have finally woken up.

Up and down like a Brides nightie :lol:

Boy this site is great!

So long watching and waiting. This last twelve months in particular has been very entertaining regarding stock market threads.

Mr Joe.

HOLA447
Maybe we should have a Black <insert preferred day here> forum?

Still fun guessing tho.

General Question

How low do you think the FTSE could realistically go?

Although i do not know to much about it i reckon it could hit the 4800 mark or below?

How much did it fall in the last recession?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Correct!!

Read through the Released Statement

"Our main problem is our employees addiction to www.housepricecrash.co.uk, it seems this website has increased the knowledge of the employees and now they refuse to be minions working as debt slaves for the corrupt government. It was going so well until the house price bubble burst"

Nevermind

HOLA4415
Correct!!

Read through the Released Statement

"Our main problem is our employees addiction to www.housepricecrash.co.uk, it seems this website has increased the knowledge of the employees and now they refuse to be minions working as debt slaves for the corrupt government. It was going so well until the house price bubble burst"

Nevermind

:lol:

HOLA4416
Just heard them talking about the stock market going to crash on radio 4 and that a big bank in America went bust on monday and they're trying to find out who.

That is one of the funny parts of this sorry saga. People won't realise that Chemical Bernie doesn't need a disaster to act, a simple 2% drop of the Dow suffices to trigger massive 'pre-emptive' injections of liquidity.

This is the policy we've had since what, 2001 now? I am starting to wonder if Bernie wasn't the one who convinced Greenspan to be so overreactive in the first place. And what a mess this is creating!!! It's like having a fireman pour fuel on the fire. :blink::blink::blink:

HOLA4417
That is one of the funny parts of this sorry saga. People won't realise that Chemical Bernie doesn't need a disaster to act, a simple 2% drop of the Dow suffices to trigger massive 'pre-emptive' injections of liquidity.

This is the policy we've had since what, 2001 now? I am starting to wonder if Bernie wasn't the one who convinced Greenspan to be so overreactive in the first place. And what a mess this is creating!!! It's like having a fireman pour fuel on the fire. :blink::blink::blink:

So will the DJ follow its little brother down, or will Bernanke pull another rabbit from his hat and manage to put a floor under the market for another day or two? Must be a good market for rabbits, these days - they seem to be in high demand.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
At what point do you see a buying opportunity in the coming months grey shark ? 5500 or lower ?

there is still evry possibility of a global recession/depression as fallout from the credit/housing crisises.

putting a bottom on the stock markets is a difficult game at this point in time.

most of the really bad news hasn't happened yet, or hasn't come to light.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
there is still evry possibility of a global recession/depression as fallout from the credit/housing crisises.

putting a bottom on the stock markets is a difficult game at this point in time.

most of the really bad news hasn't happened yet, or hasn't come to light.

A bit vague Mr Nice. Will recession/depression and really bad news cause the FTSE to go higher or lower ?

HOLA4422
At what point do you see a buying opportunity in the coming months grey shark ? 5500 or lower ?

I've heard of 5300 being quite a good opportunity, but then again it could go lower still... a lot lower.

I'm working on a system to make money out of the current volativity, as I can see this going on for a while yet. Daily swings of 1-2% in the index offer the opportunity to make decent returns. :rolleyes:

HOLA4423
Guest The_Oldie
I've heard of 5300 being quite a good opportunity, but then again it could go lower still... a lot lower.

I'm working on a system to make money out of the current volativity, as I can see this going on for a while yet. Daily swings of 1-2% in the index offer the opportunity to make decent returns. :rolleyes:

Indeed, or losses.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425