House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injin

Hill Walking

Well it's another semi famous face managed to die up on some god forsaken bit of hill somewhere.

I can only feel sympathy for the man's family, but come on - "dead on a hill from no obvious injury" is getting to be the number one cause of death for people in public life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7292662.stm

This puff piece is a masterpiece of journalism, only contradicting itself every three or four lines.

So remember public figures in nulabour britain - Hill Walking is a dangerous sport.

Well it's another semi famous face managed to die up on some god forsaken bit of hill somewhere.

I can only feel sympathy for the man's family, but come on - "dead on a hill from no obvious injury" is getting to be the number one cause of death for people in public life.

This puff piece is a masterpiece of journalism, only contradicting itself every three or four lines.

So remember public figures in nulabour britain - Hill Walking is a dangerous sport.

Not laughing at the tragedy but at your dry headline! :lol:

Yup as we say around here watch out what you say or you'll get kelly'd

Guest anorthosite

Why do they always dump the bodies on safe, easy mountains? Why don't they dumb them in the Cuillins or Torridon, that would be convincing!

After my friend`s cousin committed suicide, I`ve noticed that around the mid-life crisis age, people are especially prone to killing themselves: a kind of depression sets in. I think (although I am probably wrong), that there are two ways to go:

1. Be totally irresponsible and go and live on a beach in Thailand for the rest of your life.

2. Give into depression and spiral downhill.

Of course, the vast majority of us just get on with our lives, but this might be interesting for the would-be psycholgists among us.

I got that from a medical journal; I`ll try and find the source.

Why do they always dump the bodies on safe, easy mountains? Why don't they dumb them in the Cuillins or Torridon, that would be convincing!

It's the speed of finding that amuses me most.

Joe Public goes missing and it takes weeks before a man with a dog finally finds him, yards from where the police started claiming overtime..I mean looking..

A chemical weapons expert with the knowledge of how to take the contents from under the average sink and gas a whole town vanishes* and they find the body before the wife puts the phone down.

*Having apparently almost botched killing himself using aspirin!..... :rolleyes:

Guest tenant super

The one illuminating fact coming from this sad story is it proves once and for all that pigs do not fly.

:o

yeah they do... they have helicopters now, not to mention unmanned drones.

Looks like the Kelly'd lines been taken already. Its quite odd how common that kind of ending was in books like Smiley - yet no one really seems to think it actually happens. :rolleyes:

Guest Mr Parry
After my friend`s cousin committed suicide, I`ve noticed that around the mid-life crisis age, people are especially prone to killing themselves: a kind of depression sets in. I think (although I am probably wrong), that there are two ways to go:

1. Be totally irresponsible and go and live on a beach in Thailand for the rest of your life.

2. Give into depression and spiral downhill.

Of course, the vast majority of us just get on with our lives, but this might be interesting for the would-be psycholgists among us.

I got that from a medical journal; I`ll try and find the source.

Faced with exactly 1 and 2 above. So I bought the beach . . . and the farm.