House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Antsy

Nla On The Budget:

Wife sent me this gem of a post-budget comment:

David Salusbury, Chairman, National Landlords Association, commenting on Budget 2008, said:

"We are pleased to see that both stability and strength are the cornerstones of this year's Budget.

"Landlords who have acquired property in recent years who are looking to sell will be pleased to hear that the planned changes to the Capital Gains Tax regime go ahead next month. It effectively means landlords who want to release some equity from their portfolios will only pay a flat rate of 18% on their capital gain.

"It's a pity that the Chancellor didn't take this opportunity to include landlords in the entrepreneurs' relief which would have reduced the CGT rate to 10% for the first £1 million of gains."

More of a pity that I wasn't standing next to him with a large mallet when he came out with that one, but you can't have it all...

Edited by Antsy

The tax change has been another hand out mainly to the property "investors" of the last few years.

As a result the retrospective taxation move has reduced the tax relief on the likes of AIM.

As a result I'll be shifting my investments abroad.

Sweet move Darling. The AIM market will be wrecked by this.