M21er

Rumours Of Another Hedge Fund In Distress

From FT's AlphaVille MarketsLive discussion

NH: just getting rumours of another hedge fund in distress

NH: Paul

PM: Hmm — thios is v RAW

NH: are you there??

PM: But the name in the frame — as Tuna notes — Drake

PM: Should quickly say that it was known last week that Drake was having to wind down some of its operations

PM: This is an american fund previously with about $8bn under management

PM: But we are currently a bit short of detail on this

PM: Maybe they were caught short!

PM:

M21er

Roll up roll up for the great hedge fund distress alert....this is just too amusing, a whole pile of c*nts down the pan on a daily basis, lovin it, lovin it, lovin it, I,m lovin it like this :)

From FT's AlphaVille MarketsLive discussion

NH: just getting rumours of another hedge fund in distress

NH: Paul

PM: Hmm — thios is v RAW

NH: are you there??

PM: But the name in the frame — as Tuna notes — Drake

PM: Should quickly say that it was known last week that Drake was having to wind down some of its operations

PM: This is an american fund previously with about $8bn under management

PM: But we are currently a bit short of detail on this

PM: Maybe they were caught short!

PM:

M21er

Roll up roll up for the great hedge fund distress alert....

This is merely the first squall in the almighty storm of destruction that will engulf the leveraged fund industry. They are the first targets of the usurious global banking monsters that spawned them in the first place. Now, the usurers will eat their own offspring in order to raise the capital they need to continue the pretense of solvency. It is, however, all to no avail, this is not a crisis of liquidity, this is a crisis of solvency.

This is merely the first squall in the almighty storm of destruction that will engulf the leveraged fund industry. They are the first targets of the usurious global banking monsters that spawned them in the first place. Now, the usurers will eat their own offspring in order to raise the capital they need to continue the pretense of solvency. It is, however, all to no avail, this is not a crisis of liquidity, this is a crisis of solvency.

You are the Right Reverend Ian Paisley AICMFP. ;)

Roll up roll up for the great hedge fund distress alert....this is just too amusing, a whole pile of c*nts down the pan on a daily basis, lovin it, lovin it, lovin it, I,m lovin it like this :)

Who needs hollywood when you've got such great entertainment from those muppets in the City.

Maybe someone already mentioned this already, but I expose you as the famous Sollog. Either that or you just ripped off his posting style big time old boy.

A place brimming with conspiricy experts should know Sollog well :-)

Edited by herbert_goon

Maybe someone already mentioned this already, but I expose you as the famous Sollog. Either that or you just ripped off his posting style big time old boy.

A place brimming with conspiricy experts should know Sollog well :-)

This is the first I have heard of this person, however Google is, as usual, my friend. It would be hard to imagine someone with whom I disagree more profoundly. My predictions are economic only and are based on the extrapolation of real, hard, data.

This is the first I have heard of this person, however Google is, as usual, my friend. It would be hard to imagine someone with whom I disagree more profoundly. My predictions are economic only and are based on the extrapolation of real, hard, data.

And presumably you're not in prison are you?

From Wikipedia:

Ennis was arrested again on March 3, 2005 and held first in Broward County, Florida for a May 31 extradition hearing [9]. By late August he had been extradited to Philadelphia to await trial on charges arising from violation of work release for the earlier DUI incident [10]. Ennis is currently serving time in Curran Fromhold Correctional Facility and is due for release on December 25, 2008.

Peter.

And presumably you're not in prison are you?

A metaphorical economic prison, maybe, a real, physical, concrete and steel prison, most definitely not.

GO Capital Halts Redemptions From Global Hedge Fund (Update1)

SNIP

March 12 (Bloomberg) -- GO Capital Asset Management BV blocked clients from withdrawing cash from its Global Opportunities Fund, at least the seventh hedge fund in the past month forced to take steps to protect itself from falling markets.

Frans van Schaik, the former head of equity research at ABN Amro Holding NV who founded the Amsterdam-based fund in 2000, wrote to investors that the fund is not leveraged and not facing margin calls. The fund, which bets both on rising and falling prices, has assets of about 570 million euros ($881 million).

And the big one?

Drake Management May Shut Down Largest Hedge Fund After Losses

SNIP

March 12 (Bloomberg) -- Drake Management LLC, the New York- based firm started by former BlackRock Inc. money managers, may shut its largest hedge fund after a 25 percent decline last year, according to a letter to investors.

Winding down the $3 billion Global Opportunities Fund is one option being considered by Drake ``in an attempt to maintain and maximize value for investors during this period of severe market downturn and contraction of liquidity,'' the letter said.

Drake, which had blocked most redemptions from the fund in December, is reviewing other options, including allowing investors to get their money back over the next 18 months or to move their assets to a new fund. Drake, which managed $13 billion as recently as the end of the year, is considering similar steps for its two other hedge funds.