House Price Crash Forum
M21er

Property Auction ( Berkshire & Oxfordshire ) 24 Lots

This is very much my neck of the woods.

Don't expect any bargains here. Some of those guide prices are low.

Hi LGIR

Auction is starting shortly.

If recent auctions are to go by, London and South East in general have been holding up pretty well. I wouldn't expect to see big falls today.

Any comments from 'locals' on today's sale prices would be appreciated.

M21er

Hi LGIR

Auction is starting shortly.

If recent auctions are to go by, London and South East in general have been holding up pretty well. I wouldn't expect to see big falls today.

Any comments from 'locals' on today's sale prices would be appreciated.

M21er

Last month's Cambridge auction, out of 13 lots, 2 were withdrawn and only 3 out of the remaining 11 sold (and one of them was land)!

Summer '07 saw 75%-ish sales

Now Down to 27%

lot 10 guide 100 sold 95

lot 11 no bids (Pres. none that the auctioneer would accept?)

13 guide 160 sold 178 (looked quite nice)

14 guide 160 unsold at 174 ( someone's hopefull - grotty mid-terrace ex-council job, even if it is Oxford)

15 " 160 sold 168

16 180 no bids

17 225 (quite a pretty house with bug garden) sold 252 (wonder if they realised about stamp duty?)

Edited by cartimandua51

What did lot A do, 301 Yorktown Road, Sandhurst.

Very interested in this one as just round the corner. It was purchased in 2002 for £280k with a guide of £375k?

What did lot A do, 301 Yorktown Road, Sandhurst.

Very interested in this one as just round the corner. It was purchased in 2002 for £280k with a guide of £375k?

Hi

Only started at Lot 1 on the LiveLink

Sorry

M21er

Someone has just paid 252k (27k over guide) for a grotty 3 bed semi (lot 17) nestling in the shadow of Broadmoor.

It has a bit of room on the side. I imagine they think they'll stick a big extension on the side, turn into a 5 bed semi and knock it out for 400k.

It will 'stand them in' 325k I would think and they may very well find they'll struggle to get 300 for it in 6 months time when the work is done.

Who, honestly, knows? Just shows there are still people out there who believe in the dream.

When the bidding got to 249 I thought 'it will stop here, who wants to give slobby Gordon 7.5k'. Well, presumably, at least two people don't mind as it went up a bit more.

There is one born every minute and it only takes two to make an auction.

Why doesn't everyone sell at auction? That house (lot 252) would have struggled to make 252k at the moment - but at auction - it flew off the shelf. Amazing.

Lot 18 guide 200 sold 225

lot 20 guide 180 sold 180

lot 21 guide 70 unsold at 79 pretty little lodge, but no permission for residential use!! >79K is a lot for a storage room!

Very optimistic reserve, presumably.

will you be linking us up ready for tomorrow M21er?what times the off?

Hi TR

You're keen! Yes - I'll start the topic with the usual links.

It's 10:30am with around 290 lots so that'll be no work done tomorrow!

M21er

Someone has just paid 252k (27k over guide) for a grotty 3 bed semi (lot 17) nestling in the shadow of Broadmoor.

It has a bit of room on the side. I imagine they think they'll stick a big extension on the side, turn into a 5 bed semi and knock it out for 400k.

It will 'stand them in' 325k I would think and they may very well find they'll struggle to get 300 for it in 6 months time when the work is done.

Who, honestly, knows? Just shows there are still people out there who believe in the dream.

When the bidding got to 249 I thought 'it will stop here, who wants to give slobby Gordon 7.5k'. Well, presumably, at least two people don't mind as it went up a bit more.

Why doesn't everyone sell at auction? That house (lot 252) would have struggled to make 252k at the moment - but at auction - it flew off the shelf. Amazing.

Hi LGIR

Hard to believe anyone would pay £252k - just over the stamp duty threshold.

Perhaps they're hoping to allocate 2k to Fixtures and Fittings ??

Or ... perhaps they're not aware that £250k is a stamp duty threshold??

M21er

Thats a lot of house for 252K - close to mainline station with trains to Waterloo. Also has a lot of land. I'm not familiar with that area, but it looks like a bargain to me fwiw.