House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sossij

Fight The Future

Ok, I'm in full dubsie mode today. The global financial system seems to be teetering on the edge of the abyss. If it fails we could lose our jobs, houses, friends, family and way of life.

The gubmint can’t/won’t help us. Oil costs over $100 a barrel and rising, inflation is on the up and the UK has nothing in the cupboard to get us through any kind of recessionary downturn.

What the f*ck are we going to do? Put up solar panels?

I’m sick of feeling powerless and pushed around by financial vested interests that render my existence futile. I’m going to Fight the Future, fight the f*ckers. I will no longer willingly take part in a corrupt financial system that is so f*cking retarded that it couldn’t foresee or prevent the oncoming mess. Consequently, I hereby declare:

1. I will not buy a house – f*ck the whole lazy, cheating parasitic enterprise.

2. I will not have a credit card – ditto.

3. I will not take out a loan or any other form of credit – ditto ditto.

4. I will not spend a penny of any money that I work so f*cking hard to earn on the pointless, irrelevant drivel that our consumer economy dictates I buy - I am not trendy, sophisticated or "in fashion" and definitely don’t know the best places to "eat out".

5. I will support the creation, funding and operation of genuine entrepreneurial activity based on a high-tech precision engineering industry that makes products of use to mankind where (if) I find it.

6. The rest of those useless financial banking types can all get to f*ck as far as I’m concerned, I want nothing to do with them.

The revolution will not be televised because it’s getting sold.

Right, I’m off to put up a solar panel.

Guest Skint Academic

Quite agree. Mr Academic and I have been thinking the same thing ourselves. Why buy any property when it's still artificially inflated and we will be paying money to people who have screwed us? We don't put any money into the local economy other than neccessities and grow our own food as much as possible. Although I do put some money into the Scottish highland economies occassionally by buying whisky ;) I'm trying to figure out how to avoid taking out a mortgage. The alternative though was to rent, which again pays money to people who have priced us out and ultimately goes back to the same sources. So we have moved into my parent's house, and if need be we'll emigrate afterwards. The only goods I have spent money on have been second hand from ebay.

The trouble nowadays is that we have too much stuff. Stuff bogs you down, stops you from moving and so makes you do whatever it takes to keep your job. It makes you want more 'stuff' to go with it, and makes you want a larger house to put it all in. It uses up all the earth's resources, pollutes the environment and uses up our landfill sites. After moving once a year for the last few years, we're now actively trying to get rid of everything that won't retain its worth over many many years.

Guest Skint Academic
Christ - its Tom and Barbara Good for the 21st Century!

Hey, I take that as a compliment. Felicity Kendel is minx!

Guest Steve Cook
Ok, I'm in full dubsie mode today. The global financial system seems to be teetering on the edge of the abyss. If it fails we could lose our jobs, houses, friends, family and way of life.

The gubmint can’t/won’t help us. Oil costs over $100 a barrel and rising, inflation is on the up and the UK has nothing in the cupboard to get us through any kind of recessionary downturn.

I’m sick of feeling powerless and pushed around by financial vested interests that render my existence futile. I’m going to Fight the Future, fight the f*ckers. I will no longer willingly take part in a corrupt financial system that is so f*cking retarded that it couldn’t foresee or prevent the oncoming mess. Consequently, I hereby declare:

4. I will not spend a penny of any money that I work so f*cking hard to earn on the pointless, irrelevant drivel that our consumer economy dictates I buy - I am not trendy, sophisticated or "in fashion" and definitely don’t know the best places to "eat out".

5. I will support the creation, funding and operation of genuine entrepreneurial activity based on a high-tech precision engineering industry that makes products of use to mankind where (if) I find it.

6. The rest of those useless financial banking types can all get to f*ck as far as I’m concerned, I want nothing to do with them.

You and me both mate

Steve

Guest Steve Cook
Quite agree. Mr Academic and I have been thinking the same thing ourselves. Why buy any property when it's still artificially inflated and we will be paying money to people who have screwed us? We don't put any money into the local economy other than neccessities and grow our own food as much as possible. Although I do put some money into the Scottish highland economies occassionally by buying whisky ;) I'm trying to figure out how to avoid taking out a mortgage. The alternative though was to rent, which again pays money to people who have priced us out and ultimately goes back to the same sources. So we have moved into my parent's house, and if need be we'll emigrate afterwards. The only goods I have spent money on have been second hand from ebay.

The trouble nowadays is that we have too much stuff. Stuff bogs you down, stops you from moving and so makes you do whatever it takes to keep your job. It makes you want more 'stuff' to go with it, and makes you want a larger house to put it all in. It uses up all the earth's resources, pollutes the environment and uses up our landfill sites. After moving once a year for the last few years, we're now actively trying to get rid of everything that won't retain its worth over many many years.

Ditto for you too SA

Steve

I fully agree. I have lost all trust in the financial system. A new settlement will have to be found.

How about write to my MP once a week in order to ensure start up UK engineering firms get tax breaks ahead of the likes of net importers like Tesco, Asda et al?

Quite like this, the HPC manifesto. I'd forward the thread to the main parties but they are not interested. Maybe Vince?

Edit : Just going to do this now via write to them.

Edited by symo

I fully agree with you.

I also think we shouldn't pay any income tax. This goverment wastes tax payers money!

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
We're moving to Spain. I've had enough of the people here.

I have enough of ***** who like Spain.

But property prices in spain are just as over inflated as here in relation to local wages.

it's a global boom and will be a global bust and you will only see me in spain when i can get a pad for under £50k

I like the UK. Sure it's flawed. What county isn't?

That being said, I don't currently live in the UK. But, it's a country that functions pretty well IMHO. I think the largest problem in the UK is that people look to the government for solutions to everything. Yet they all deride the government for being crap. Cynical in looking for the government teat, yet cynical when some other is sucking at the teat. And too ******!ng lazy to do anything about it but complain.

The government definitely has a role to play in terms of regulation. And they've failed in that role.

But equally so, the electorate has failed to deliver a mandate (or a big ******!ing brick) to their representatives.

Complain away...

It's the way to go. Less stuff, clutter and ownership definately leads to a sense of freedom and enjoyment of life.

It is contrary to nearly all the current social norms however. I have found it isn't a view many friends and family buy into. Hey ho.

I would add to you list Sossij, avoid paying taxes wherever possible. With a bit of thought and using allowances and so on this is perfectly possible, unless of course you are a wage slave which complicates it. However, it is still a worthwhile objective. If the gubmint taxes it, don't do it is my credo.

If you've moved that often you probably have a lot less "stuff" than most - we were in our last house for 23 years and clearing it was a nightmare - eventually we ran out of time & had to stick a load of junk in storage (we moved into a furnished house, so much was superfluous. Now hauling it out of storage & weeding seems just tooooo much hassle, when we'll be moving on again in three or four months.

And too ******!ng lazy to do anything about it but complain.

(or a big ******!ing brick) to their representatives.

Complain away...

Can everybody please stop ****ing swearing?

Will this make you a Non DOM ? :P (Would have been funnier if you were moving to France) :(

Well said sossij. I know where you`re coming from.

Better than not having a credit card, get one that PAYS YOU to use it. Capital One Cashback pays 1% back on what you spend. It feel good every time I sue it, to know that I get a few quid at the end of every year, just for using the plastic.

I have enough of ***** who like Spain.

Whatever minger!

But property prices in spain are just as over inflated as here in relation to local wages.

it's a global boom and will be a global bust and you will only see me in spain when i can get a pad for under £50k

You've either not spent enough time there, you're looking in the wrong places or don't understand Spanish culture. They like new homes in the town and think the English are mad living in the Campo, where it's cheap.

I like the UK. Sure it's flawed. What county isn't?

That being said, I don't currently live in the UK. But, it's a country that functions pretty well IMHO. I think the largest problem in the UK is that people look to the government for solutions to everything. Yet they all deride the government for being crap. Cynical in looking for the government teat, yet cynical when some other is sucking at the teat. And too ******!ng lazy to do anything about it but complain.

The government definitely has a role to play in terms of regulation. And they've failed in that role.

But equally so, the electorate has failed to deliver a mandate (or a big ******!ing brick) to their representatives.

Complain away...

Totally agree in every respect.

Don't forget to visit Polaris World.

I'm about as far removed from Polaris World material as physically possible.

Will this make you a Non DOM ? :P (Would have been funnier if you were moving to France) :(

Most def.

If you've moved that often you probably have a lot less "stuff" than most - we were in our last house for 23 years and clearing it was a nightmare - eventually we ran out of time & had to stick a load of junk in storage (we moved into a furnished house, so much was superfluous. Now hauling it out of storage & weeding seems just tooooo much hassle, when we'll be moving on again in three or four months.

Can't pass a skip without a good rummage around, amazing what you can do, and how you can transform other peoples cast-offs with a bit of creative thought. ;)

The Chinese government has begun a concerted campaign of economic threats against the United States, hinting that it may liquidate its vast holding of US treasuries if Washington imposes trade sanctions to force a yuan revaluation.

Two officials at leading Communist Party bodies have given interviews in recent days warning - for the first time - that Beijing may use its $1.33 trillion (£658bn) of foreign reserves as a political weapon to counter pressure from the US Congress.

THE FUTURE IS out there (somewhere)