House Price Crash Forum
Loggy

Galliard Admits Price Falls !

LBC radio London. Just heard Galliards new advert offering price protection against FALLS in the ft house price index (what ever that is).

They have a sh1t load of developments going on all over the place and they will protect your investment from price falls against the index !!!! . How's that going to work then ?

Was only a few months back they were offering protection against rises lol.

Anyone else hear it ?

LBC radio London. Just heard Galliards new advert offering price protection against FALLS in the ft house price index (what ever that is).

They have a sh1t load of developments going on all over the place and they will protect your investment from price falls against the index !!!! . How's that going to work then ?

Was only a few months back they were offering protection against rises lol.

Anyone else hear it ?

Yes - they guarantee against price falls FROM EXCHANGE TO COMPLETION. That could be for about a fortnight. Utterly meaningless, pointless gesture. They might as well say they're throwing in a table lamp...

Yes - they guarantee against price falls FROM EXCHANGE TO COMPLETION. That could be for about a fortnight. Utterly meaningless, pointless gesture. They might as well say they're throwing in a table lamp...

But mentioning the word falls in the advertising ! :o

Big admission statement to me that the market is fvcked and they are desperate. :lol:

I don't know who they are - i.e. whether they are owned by a bigger company - but if they aren't, if they are just Galliard Homes - DEVELOPING FANTASTIC ONE WAY BET OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVESTORS IN LONDON - I'd give them another year at the most.

The banks will pull the plug soon.

Edited by Lets' get it right

True. But the psychology behind it says a lot. People are scared and any form of "guarantee" might be an incentive to "get in" before the Spring Bounce.

Its funny, but every time I think of that phrase "Spring Bounce" I see this ball marked "house prices." Its rolling along a flat field and then starts to hit a series of steps over which it begins to bounce downwards. Just ahead is a steep drop-off and the ball goes flying over it and it bounces, but not upwards, but straight off the ledge down into an abyss.

Edited by Realistbear

True. But the psychology behind it says a lot. People are scared and any form of "guarantee" might be an incentive to "get in" before the Spring Bounce.

Its funny, but every time I think of that phrase "Spring Bounce" I see this ball marked "house prices." Its rolling along a flat field and then starts to hit a series of steps over which it begins to bounce downwards. Just ahead is a steep drop-off and the ball goes flying over it and it bounces, but not upwards, but straight off the ledge down into an abyss.

Every time I read the phrase 'house prices rise again' - I'm suddenly a little kid standing behind a home made catapult - pulling the elastic as hard as I can - praying that it won't break. But knowing it will and, when it does, it bloody hurts!

Or a ball that goes up for 7 years, hits the sky and bounces back down ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

not upwards, but straight off the ledge down into an abyss.

manically laughing all the way to oblivion....