House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I Have A Problem

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Currently I am addicted to the repeat series of Upstairs Downstairs now being shown on ITV3.

Recording every episode and watching each episode on average 3 times.

Richard Bellamy`s new wife Virginia really tweaks me. B)

Guest Bart of Darkness
Richard Bellamy`s new wife Virginia really tweaks me. B)

I'm more a Lesley Anne Down fan myself.

plujamge.jpg

I'm more a Lesley Anne Down fan myself.

plujamge.jpg

We'll soon have that bayonet removed from your mouth Captian Curuthers" As soon as I've cooked these

daisies for the twoops

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Upstairs, Downstairs is one of the most successful television programmes ever made in the UK. Produced by London Weekend Television for ITV (not, as many people think, by the BBC) and originally screened on Sunday nights from 1971 to 1975, the series has been transmitted in more than 70 countries around the globe and has been watched by an audience in excess of one billion viewers.

What was Upstairs, Downstairs about?

Set in the tumultuous first three decades of the 20th Century, Upstairs, Downstairs told the story of the wealthy and influential Bellamy family, who lived in a large, multi-storey house at 165 Eaton Place, Belgravia, not far from Buckingham Palace. The series began life as a fairly low-budget drama series. In fact, ITV management felt that the series was unlikely to be a success and refused to schedule it for more than six months after it had finished recording. It only saw the light of day when a gap appeared in the schedules at 10.30pm on Sunday evenings. The ratings for Upstairs, Downstairs were much higher than anyone could possibly have anticipated and soon the programme was moved to an earlier primetime Sunday evening timeslot.

:)