House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

3 Million Homes - Yes We Need Them

A quick scan of the article reveals the man to be a complete tool.

after a quick scan of the article, the guy is talking sense. Here is a country blessed for over 3 decades with abundant natural resources that could have given every man women and child in this land a 1st class education, a decent durable home, a system of fair distribution of wealth, money to invest in engineering and technology and because we have a history of fossil fuel driven industrial revolution, we should have been the country to pioneer the new energy future.

But what did we do? We elected a women prime minister whom took all the glory for changing this country around (when it was Gas and oil that really did this) we sucked it out to defeat our American cousins cold war adversaries and we still cant get it through our thick skull that the United States of America will shite on us from 35,000 feet in the air.

This mob we have had running our country for the last 3 decades couldn't run a bath!

after a quick scan of the article, the guy is talking sense. Here is a country blessed for over 3 decades with abundant natural resources that could have given every man women and child in this land a 1st class education, a decent durable home, a system of fair distribution of wealth, money to invest in engineering and technology and because we have a history of fossil fuel driven industrial revolution, we should have been the country to pioneer the new energy future.

But what did we do? We elected a women prime minister whom took all the glory for changing this country around (when it was Gas and oil that really did this) we sucked it out to defeat our American cousins cold war adversaries and we still cant get it through our thick skull that the United States of America will shite on us from 35,000 feet in the air.

This mob we have had running our country for the last 3 decades couldn't run a bath!

A quick scan of this post...etc

OI - what about my pithy and far more interesting critique????

I spent several minutes thinking through the exact words of my reply. "Buffoon" was particularly apt. Wasn't it?

Just out of curiosity Injin, do you remember the winter of discontent, do you remember Neil Armstrong walking on the moon on an old black and white TV? Or r u from the playstation generation?

Just out of curiosity Injin, do you remember the winter of discontent, do you remember Neil Armstrong walking on the moon on an old black and white TV? Or r u from the playstation generation?

I remember being stood in the streets getting water from standpipes and the power going off, but not neil armstrong.

The problem in our society is an idea. That idea is that we can solve problems using threats and by intitiating violence. Anyone who thinks that problems can be solved by waving guns around and threatening folks is a tool.

I remember being stood in the streets getting water from standpipes and the power going off, but not neil armstrong.

The problem in our society is an idea. That idea is that we can solve problems using threats and by intitiating violence. Anyone who thinks that problems can be solved by waving guns around and threatening folks is a tool.

sorry, i didn't mean to offend, and i agree with what you are saying. My point is, we could have made this one of the finest countries on Earth, but greed got the better of us, how sad!

Am I talking to myself on this website?

Oh no. Buffoon was a nice touch.

If you are going to have impact tho, you gotta see what's pertinent in the poster. The OP clearly thinks that his daddy is coming to save him in some form, so the quickest way to get down to brass tacks is to knock daddy down a peg or two.

Hence the tool comment.

For more on my borderline troll masterclass that also has a serious point to make, visit IhaveapointanduWILLpayattention.com

Hi Steve, R u from the play station generation? :)

No - although I am responsible for the distribution.

One of my favourite memories is of the blank look a czech warehouse manager gave the SCEE European Marketing Director when he, asked about PS3 roll out 2 weeks before the launch.

A quick scan of the article reveals the man to be a complete tool.

I know you don't believe in any form of 'social' activity but is his opinion that we need more social housing so outlandish?

Perhaps anyone that doesn't subscribe to your views is a complete tool in your opinion?

Given that much of the direction in this site is about the lack of decent affordable housing Mr. Monbiots views may strike a chord with many readers....

I know you don't believe in any form of 'social' activity but is his opinion that we need more social housing so outlandish?

Perhaps anyone that doesn't subscribe to your views is a complete tool in your opinion?

Given that much of the direction in this site is about the lack of decent affordable housing Mr. Monbiots views may strike a chord with many readers....

He wants to steal from people to buy houses, then stick guns in people's faces to make them behave he way he wants them to.

He's a tool.