House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Evening Standard: House Prices Are Falling At Record

EVENING STANDARD

House prices are falling at record rate confirming the end of 10-year boom

House prices are falling in many parts of the country at their fastest pace since records began in 1978, a report has warned.

Across England and Wales, prices are dropping in every region.

And the speed of the decline is at record levels in East Anglia, the South-West, Yorkshire, Humberside and the East Midlands.

The report, from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, is the latest to confirm that the decade-long house price boom is over.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...boom/article.do

Hmm .....of course - we all know this has actually been going on for some considerable time. But they've given up trying to spin/lie their way out of this one - in the face of overwhelming reality. Instead, they're now squealing & throwing the toys out of the pram in a babyish hissy fit - hoping for Badger Features to help them out....... Pathetic.

Edited by eric pebble

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Evening Standard: House Prices Are Falling At Record

All lies, Red Ken says the ES only lies, so only take it with a pinch of salt. :D

but, but, but i keep reading that things are fine for the economy and house prices are still going up so should i beleive the BBC with it's vested interests with Murdock and Co or should i beleive my own eyes and common scence.

even a kid knows the bigger the boom the bigger the bang and the masses had been fooled to think they had suddenly become smart investers so maybe the kids should be given more power to decide family finances.

Just think the fun has only just started and Browns tax rises will only add fule to the fire.

EVENING STANDARD

House prices are falling at record rate confirming the end of 10-year boom

House prices are falling in many parts of the country at their fastest pace since records began in 1978, a report has warned.

Across England and Wales, prices are dropping in every region.

And the speed of the decline is at record levels in East Anglia, the South-West, Yorkshire, Humberside and the East Midlands.

The report, from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, is the latest to confirm that the decade-long house price boom is over.

Hmm .....of course - we all know this has actually been going on for some considerable time. But they've given up trying to spin/lie their way out of this one - in the face of overwhelming reality. Instead, they're now squealing & throwing the toys out of the pram in a babyish hissy fit - hoping for Badger Features to help them out....... Pathetic.

don't just tell us - get on the 'comments' board and tell the whole country!

This is the only immediate survey,the Haliwide has at least a month lag.I suspect the MOM figures for Haliwide for March reflecting what the surveyors are now seeing is going to be a complete shocker with no seasoning available to them.I can confirm that absolutely nothing is selling currently in Nottingham,of over 100 properties I am keeping an eye on none have sold in the last fortnight.Suddenly things are entering a new phase.

This is the only immediate survey,the Haliwide has at least a month lag.I suspect the MOM figures for Haliwide for March reflecting what the surveyors are now seeing is going to be a complete shocker with no seasoning available to them.I can confirm that absolutely nothing is selling currently in Nottingham,of over 100 properties I am keeping an eye on none have sold in the last fortnight.Suddenly things are entering a new phase.

What, not even these places are shifting? Shorely shome mishtake?

http://www.lacemarketproperties.co.uk/

Tomorrow is the CML statistics day, so we can see quite how many new mortgages were agreed last month. I'm expecting it's not going to be a big number somehow....

What, not even these places are shifting? Shorely shome mishtake?

http://www.lacemarketproperties.co.uk/

Tomorrow is the CML statistics day, so we can see quite how many new mortgages were agreed last month. I'm expecting it's not going to be a big number somehow....

We did have the Connells ones yesterday I think and they are the same sort of thing.

They were pretty dire, 71400 seasonally adjusted (upwards, naturally).

Just wait till they have to adjust 50000 downwards in march though. :lol:

Ohh wait a minute who am I kidding. Property only raises and goes up in value anything else is a dellusion and my inability to invest for the long term.

These news papers are the same ones who ran specials with headlines like

"How I dropped out of school and made millions by refurbishing investment properties" etc. etc.

Look at Halifax still caliming that only the inflation has gone down by a marginal amount but prices are still higher as compared to ......

Absolutely tosh and irresponsible analysis

As they say

"You cannot hide an elephant or the truth with just a hand kerchief"

Dada

Edited by Dada

:D no doubt you boys flooding the host with the usual 'direct comments' the sheeple don't wanna here

Sorry an error has occur

Click here to go back or click here to return to the homepage.

If the problem persists, email editor@thisislondon.co.uk and we will investigate.

:D no doubt you boys flooding the host with the usual 'direct comments' the sheeple don't wanna here

Sorry an error has occur

Click here to go back or click here to return to the homepage.

If the problem persists, email editor@thisislondon.co.uk and we will investigate.

oops. sorry. I broke it.

but this one's still working:

http://www.metro.co.uk/money/article.html?...ticle_id=114954

:ph34r:

Edited by red

Where is this story in the Standard - good news about prices is usually on page 1 whereas they hid the Rightmove report showing a 6.7% drop in London in a month recently on page 24!

I thought it was different this time :lol:

It is - the last time there was no forum for a FTB to consult, no like minds to bounce the latest stats from, no elder, wiser heads to post useful graphs & trends that show what is happening & why not to buy. The last time we had a reactive media & some bloke down the pub - now we have instant analysis & a decent resource to protect us (us being those who acknowledge there is a problem and won't bury our heads in the sand).

So yes it will be different this time, it will be faster, harder & stronger*.

*Cheers Daft Punk! ;)

huh? :huh:

:P

Lol at the comments

Wrong! Rightmove and Daily Express says prices are booming, increasing at a rate of over £7000 per month (report 18 February). I'm hoping to hold out for another 6 months before selling so I can buy a Porsche with the extra profit.

- Neil, Lincolshire UK

:lol::lol: surely sarcasm.. i hope.

and

Its just a one off bad month - once people realise that the economy is based on sound fundamentals, that they still have jobs, we have record migration and that its the Easter buying season, they'll be out in force again and the house price boom will continue.

The banks will also come to their senses and realise they are panicking for no reason, and those 100% deals will come back. People will always want to own their own houses, whatever the doomsters say.

- Roy, Edgeware, UK

:lol::lol: but this guy is serious. He could actually be Browns speech writer :lol:

Lol at the comments

:lol::lol: surely sarcasm.. i hope.

and

:lol::lol: but this guy is serious. He could actually be Browns speech writer :lol:

You know who you are Badger Features!!! Clue: No: 11 -- Red box tomorrow. He of grey hair and black eyebrows.... :P:lol:

AEC0334D4B192B696CB943B7C7619.jpg

Edited by eric pebble

It is - the last time there was no forum for a FTB to consult, no like minds to bounce the latest stats from, no elder, wiser heads to post useful graphs & trends that show what is happening & why not to buy. The last time we had a reactive media & some bloke down the pub - now we have instant analysis & a decent resource to protect us (us being those who acknowledge there is a problem and won't bury our heads in the sand).

Very good point. I wonder if we can go several stages further and persuade ALL 20 yr olds to read this site? -- and LEARN......