House Price Crash Forum

Birmingham Midshires Rates Up Tomorrow?

HOLA441
Birmingham Midshires’ current rates are due to be withdrawn at midnight tomorrow. Full details must be received by close of business Tuesday 11th March in order to secure the rate requested.

We have had unofficial information which indicates rates are to go up quite sharply.

Should you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Mortgage Administrator

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I have an mortgage offer from them that expires on 28th April, 5.5% fixed for ten years.

Might have to take advantage of the cheap dosh and find somewhere quick.

Laurejon,

Not sure 5.5% is going to look particularly cheap soon, also from similar experience with C&G a couple of years ago, you may need to actually get a cheque to them for the booking fee and details of the house. I think most of those mortgage offers with expiry dates in the future don't guarantee the funds at any particular rate (and, although I've not checked paperwork, I suspect they can pull them anyway at anytime.)

Optobear

HOLA449
Laurejon,

Not sure 5.5% is going to look particularly cheap soon, also from similar experience with C&G a couple of years ago, you may need to actually get a cheque to them for the booking fee and details of the house. I think most of those mortgage offers with expiry dates in the future don't guarantee the funds at any particular rate (and, although I've not checked paperwork, I suspect they can pull them anyway at anytime.)

Optobear

I am a triple A AAA, at first I thought it was an insult and I looked like a dry cell battery, but apparantly it means I am a good bet with a mortgage.

The Mortgage is fixed, and available as it was the product of a previous aborted purchase, a purchase that I think I may well revisit with a further 10k drop in addition to the 10k I knocked off the asking price, and the 10k they offered to drop when I pulled the contract.

Its for investment purposes, I seem to be p1ssing my money up the wall, its great fun for a while doing whatever, spending on anything you want without thinking about it, but its high time I looked to the future.

HOLA4410
I have an mortgage offer from them that expires on 28th April, 5.5% fixed for ten years.

I suspect that it's too late - sorry. An mortgage offer is only firm when there is a property associated. Check with them if they'll honour it - and let us know.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

capital one have a 5.49% fixed for 10 years. upto 90% LTV. £500 fee