House Price Crash Forum
mikthe20

Need Safe Haven For Shares Isa Funds

Right, pretty much want to move all our funds held in share ISAs (except modest gold investment) to the safest haven I can and yet remain within the share ISA scheme, so I presume I can't go to cash in some way. Would gilts be the best place? If so, anyone suggest any way of doing so such as an appropriate fund that I can execute via my broker? TIA.

Right, pretty much want to move all our funds held in share ISAs (except modest gold investment) to the safest haven I can and yet remain within the share ISA scheme, so I presume I can't go to cash in some way. Would gilts be the best place? If so, anyone suggest any way of doing so such as an appropriate fund that I can execute via my broker? TIA.

Blackrock UK absolute Alpha is an excelent fund:

http://www.h-l.co.uk/fund_research/securit...edol/B11V7T6.hl

Almost as safe as a cash account. If you look at the performance graph it is as smooth as a babies bottom (apart from the first few weeks of the fund). The fund manager shorts the market when shares go down to keep the fund going up.

Also the performance is not to be sneezed at, about 11% in the last 12 months.

Edited by penbat1

Blackrock UK absolute Alpha is an excelent fund:

http://www.h-l.co.uk/fund_research/securit...edol/B11V7T6.hl

Almost as safe as a cash account. If you look at the performance graph it is as smooth as a babies bottom (apart from the first few weeks of the fund). The fund manager shorts the market when shares go down to keep the fund going up.

Also the performance is not to be sneezed at, about 11% in the last 12 months.

Many thanks for that penbat - looks very interesting althought he annual charge is a bit heavy - nice to see it's 80% cash at the moment (although 10% property!). Might well put a chunk into that after a bit more research.