House Price Crash Forum

Hospital And Road Financing Squeezed By Credit Crunch

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Labour are Skint, wot no more borrowing you debt junkie's! :lol:

Plans to build new hospitals, schools and roads could be scaled back or even cancelled this year as the global credit crunch makes it more difficult to raise money for infrastructure projects.

cont.

Link : http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3516677.ece

read as "the 100bln we gave northern rock is to come from the nhs and transport bugets for the next 5 years"

HOLA444
HOLA445
You wonder how this may impact on the Olympics work. I pass the site in Stratford every day on the train - it seems hard to believe things will be ready in 4 years time looking at the mess there at the moment!

Beijing 2012 - guaranteed

HOLA446
HOLA447
Beijing 2012 - guaranteed

I think you are right.

It will probably be one of the first things a new government will have to do - cancel London 2012.

Thanks to Gordon Brown and 10 years of Nulabor we will be lucky to keep the lights on in a couple of years time.

HOLA448
I think you are right.

It will probably be one of the first things a new government will have to do - cancel London 2012.

Thanks to Gordon Brown and 10 years of Nulabor we will be lucky to keep the lights on in a couple of years time.

They will never cancel it, they will bankrupt us before they do that and even if they do they will find someway of funding it...sell parliament, sell our armed forces, sell Britain.

HOLA449

Like all Labour governments, this one has eventually ended up skint. The Olympics in 2012 won't be happening in London, the UK is insolvent, now that the credit has started to dry up the reality of just how impoverished a nation the UK is has become clear.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
You wonder how this may impact on the Olympics work. I pass the site in Stratford every day on the train - it seems hard to believe things will be ready in 4 years time looking at the mess there at the moment!

The Olympics is going to be a pile of s**te in London. Funnier still, this will set the stage for the Beijing Olympics in 2012 in that its super-duper construction and other arrangements will look even more `blingy` when compared to the anti-climax that will be - was? - London.

UK athletes will do cr*ply in all events, (except synchronised benefit form-filling and single-mother 100m council flat dash!)

The Chinese can afford the Olympics, we cannot.

Expect to see masses of Chinese tourists come over after the 2012 Olympics to gloat at how the mighty have fallen.

I wonder what Chinese for `You`re shit...aaahhh` is? :rolleyes:

HOLA4414