House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

One Woman's Dream Ends In Bankruptcy

After a sleepless night, Judy George sent a frantic e-mail at 5:52 am to Domain Home employees to tell them the Norwood furniture chain would collapse unless she quickly found an investor to save the company she started 22 years ago.

The message displayed the trademark dramatic flair of a businesswoman known as a public relations whiz, a design guru, and a mentor to women entrepreneurs in Boston. But it was missing the unwavering confidence that had brought George back from failure before, and fueled her rise to the top of the furniture industry.

"I was told late last night that . . . the company has no money," George, 67, wrote in the Jan. 17 e-mail. "I've been sobbing lately and I'm afraid I couldn't compose myself. You see Domain is the other half of me and I feel like I'm being torn apart."

Weakened by a slow housing market that sapped furni ture sales, and saddled with debt after the 2007 purchase of the company by a New Jersey investor who failed on promises to turn the chain around, Domain filed for bankruptcy protection on Jan. 18

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus..._in_bankruptcy/

A bit misleading...

I read the article twice trying to work out how this woman had gone bankrupt. She hasn't. The company she started but later sold has gone bust.

A non-story. This happens all the time. Furniture retailers are always going to go bust when the the housing market collapses.

It sounds to me that this woman will be better suited to running a single boutique furniture store than a chain. I'm sure that within weeks that is what she'll be doing.

A bit misleading...

I read the article twice trying to work out how this woman had gone bankrupt. She hasn't. The company she started but later sold has gone bust.

A non-story. This happens all the time. Furniture retailers are always going to go bust when the the housing market collapses.

It sounds to me that this woman will be better suited to running a single boutique furniture store than a chain. I'm sure that within weeks that is what she'll be doing.

Yes, yes, whatever, did you not see the cheerleaders, It`s really bottoming out stateside... :lol:

Yes, yes, whatever, did you not see the cheerleaders, It`s really bottoming out stateside... :lol:

The cheerleaders link only came up while I was typing my post!

Too pervy for me I'm afraid, they all look uncannily like my teenage daughters.

These days, I'm more of a MILF man! ;)

I find the pictures sexist, and most likely offensive to women as the cheerleaders are being shown in comprimising poses. It is most degrading to picture the opposite sex solely as objects of desire.

Do you have any more mate ?