House Price Crash Forum

I read in the news of the world today this little pearlof wisdom

the UK housing market is far from the"doom and gloom" scenario that many predicted.

So if you've been thinking about buying, now maybe as good a time as any to strike a great deal.

Latest figures from the Halifax show house prices- which cooled over the last few months-have finally started to show signs of moving in the right direction-up.

So whlie house price growth won't be huge this year, a savvy byer is likely to get a good bargain now if they strike the right deal.

The only deals to be done now are likely to be wiyh the devil!!

I have been dithering regarding an investment in property for some time now, and the more I look at it, property looks like a bad investment decision at the moment. If I strip away the distractions of a mortgage to buy this property, exactly what is the average residential property investment in the UK offering?

 Average yield (after expenses) of between 3-4%;

 Limited opportunity for capital growth – especially in today’s market;

 All the administration associated with becoming a landlord.

I, for one, will certainly not be jumping into property at the moment. My money's in shares - although this class of investment has also been looking decidedly ropey over the last three months as well.

the UK housing market is far from the"doom and gloom" scenario that many predicted.

So if you've been thinking about buying, now maybe as good a time as any to strike a great deal.

Latest figures from the Halifax show house prices- which cooled over the last few months-have finally started to show signs of moving in the right direction-up.

So whlie house price growth won't be huge this year, a savvy byer is likely to get a good bargain now if they strike the right deal.

I read this today and thought it was incredibly bad advice.

If you buy now, even getting 10% off the asking price, there is a real chance you'll end up with negative equity for quite a few years.

I only hope if some por ftb actually reads this and is persuaded that this is "a blip" then in six months time this shambles of a gment introduce a law so you can have some redress against the ostriches who give out this sort of %&^ty advice, and claim back their40% negative equity!

Ofcourse this wont happen as the mantra in this country has always been....BUYER BEWARE.

However this is desperation on the part of vi's as most of my mates are now waking to the nightmare about to be upon them and are thinking of str'ing, I just think they are probably too late, the sheeple are about to stampede the same direction!! I'm so pleased I str'ed last march, but my misses still thinks I'm bonkers.

I have been dithering regarding an investment in property for some time now, and the more I look at it, property looks like a bad investment decision at the moment. If I strip away the distractions of a mortgage to buy this property, exactly what is the average residential property investment in the UK offering?

I, for one, will certainly not be jumping into property at the moment. My money's in shares - although this class of investment has also been looking decidedly ropey over the last three months as well.

You could do something unheard of in the UK. Just live in the property and enjoy it.

Your trying to pull a few plonkers here arn't you ;) .........i mean this post is a joke right ? :rolleyes:

Edited by grey shark

I will just nip out and buy a house, the News of the World told me to. Oh dear the bank won`t lend me the money anymore DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE BBBBRRRRTHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG BANG! This is nonsense, all this would achieve is to soothe a sheeple who is not actively seeking to buy a house, and that is probably all the article aims to achieve. I would not wipe an animals a*se with The News of the World.

now maybe as good a time as any to strike a great deal.

It's a bit like telling a naive teenage girl that you've got something that would cure her acne.

You could do something unheard of in the UK. Just live in the property and enjoy it.

I am in the process of buying right now.

Have been renting for almost 3 years having owned two properties prior to this.

Thanks to media I consider to have secured a great deal on a fantastic house which should last us a lifetime.

If this house I'm buying was up for rent I'd have no objections to renting it... but it isn't... so I'm buying it !!

I check this site daily for updates and I am paranoid about everything I read, however this move will improve our life so much it is worth the risk. Decided to keep all my money in the bank bar a 5% deposit just in case !!

If in 2 years time all is well I will re-mortgage with a bigger deposit.

Will certainly post ihere f it doesn't work out....

Thanks to media I consider to have secured a great deal on a fantastic house which should last us a lifetime.

If this house I'm buying was up for rent I'd have no objections to renting it... but it isn't... so I'm buying it !!

I check this site daily for updates and I am paranoid about everything I read, however this move will improve our life so much it is worth the risk. Decided to keep all my money in the bank bar a 5% deposit just in case !!

Well good luck mate, and I hope you don't get your fingers burned,your only hope will be to think of it really long term, keep making the payments no matter how much they go up or down and ignore what's going on outside! :unsure:

The "latest" figures from Halifax say its a good time to buy eh?

This sounds like David Lereah, the former boss of the US EA organisation. He suggested to America that "now" was a good time to buy. That was in 2006, just before the market went into freefall.

Halifax is an EA with a massive VI in Brown's ongoing illusion of never ending HPI-MEW-BTL. They are fools, and corrupt ones at that.

Decided to pull out.

Don't need this kind of financial burden in my life (again)... was 3-4 times what we pay in rent now.

The house was stressing me out before we were even in it - bad news if you ask me.

I might change my username to stress free.

Decided to pull out.

Don't need this kind of financial burden in my life (again)... was 3-4 times what we pay in rent now.

The house was stressing me out before we were even in it - bad news if you ask me.

Good for you. Good luck, keep an eye on it you may well be able to buy it again in 3 years for 40% less :P

news of the world / The Sun

...says it all really :rolleyes:

Sure does. Everybody in my office that reads those papers is currently being screwed to the tune of 20% (roughly) of what their colleagues get for doing the same job! - Nothing changes. Sun and News of the world readers, know sweat FA about finance or economics, and everything about football and thugury. Their IQ cant deal with the more detailed explanations.

EXCELLENT !!!!! ....example of a News of the world reader....

Well done mate and good luck :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
It's a bit like telling a naive teenage girl that you've got something that would cure her acne.

Hey! I'm still using that chat-up line!

Come on boy's and girls,play fair.

IT'S THE SUN WOT WON IT...after all.

Don't underestimate the power of this label.

It's kinda like the big clumbering amiable oaf at the back of the classroom.

1)the nerds mutter under their breath about how dumb he is...but will never say so to his face in case he gets angry and mashes them to a pulp.

2)the sportsmen always pick him when they have to play rugby.

3)the ones who think they are hard never try it on,because they know for brute force he will pummel them all.

The Sun crew are like this.......Big,clumsy,intellectually challenged,easily led but in general quite honest.

I keep on having visions of groppy out of harry potter!!!!

And if you were a reader you would have read that I have decided not to proceed.

:rolleyes:

HPC quiz:- Can you spot the four old chestnuts of property ramping crammed into this short post?

I check this site daily for updates and I am paranoid about everything I read, however this move will improve our life so much it is worth the risk.

Decided to keep all my money in the bank bar a 5% deposit just in case !!

Answers:

1. crisis is purely down to media hysteria;

2. I'm buying for the long term;

3. It's not an investmet, it's a home;

4. things will be better in a couple of years;

Those who thought this a chestnut:

5% deposit.

Deduct 4 points. Real HPCers would easily spot that this was way too little to buy a house in the current environment, as was revealed only ~20 days later, although our OP prefers to blame it on other factors, which of course were made to appear wholly irrelevant in the first post:

Decided to pull out.

... and while you're at it, how's about growing a beard - a disguise favoued by other property rampers.

apple.jpg

post-141-1207212629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sledgehead

Another one who can't read!

Do you people have selected reading?

I was about to post the same thing! :lol: Last post, page one - come on guys don't make tools of yourselves. :P