House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pacman741

Excel Homebuyers Show London

Went to the homebuyers show in Excel to attend a seminar on auction sales. Like many, I see this as the only short term solution for myself, other than spending another year waiting for the market to properly fall apart as the owners of £250,000 shoeboxes realise that they've been well and truly duped by brown and pals.

The seminar - was ok but you can find most of the info out about it on the net. But whats £7 in relation to hundreds of thousands of pounds anyway. As for the show, I've never seen so many bored looking EA's and desperate middle aged obviously unqualified salesmen (I'm 45 so its not a pop at the age issue) kicking empty plastic water bottles around the place. There were even a few arguing with each other, a bit like teamates in a footie team when you're 3-0 down and you know you're crap.

Inside track still had a stall, though there was'nt a soul inside it! (on another level, inside track has never had a soul inside it anyway).

Never seen so many gimmicks - free cakes, goody bags, sweets, pens, even a free massage (a good way of grabbing your attention as you can't go anywhere!), there was even a stall with a couple of bikini clad girls in it!

My seminar was about a third full, surprising for midday on saturday? There were tumbleweeds blowing about in the main hall, and the place had the atmosphere of a run down charity shop. No doubt excel will say that the event was a success with unprecedented levels of interest (since joining HPC, I can now speak like an EA (in other words a load of b****x).

My conclusion - the cats out of the bag for the hsing market, and about bloody time! :lol:

Went to the homebuyers show in Excel to attend a seminar on auction sales. Like many, I see this as the only short term solution for myself, other than spending another year waiting for the market to properly fall apart as the owners of £250,000 shoeboxes realise that they've been well and truly duped by brown and pals.

The seminar - was ok but you can find most of the info out about it on the net. But whats £7 in relation to hundreds of thousands of pounds anyway. As for the show, I've never seen so many bored looking EA's and desperate middle aged obviously unqualified salesmen (I'm 45 so its not a pop at the age issue) kicking empty plastic water bottles around the place. There were even a few arguing with each other, a bit like teamates in a footie team when you're 3-0 down and you know you're crap.

Inside track still had a stall, though there was'nt a soul inside it! (on another level, inside track has never had a soul inside it anyway).

Never seen so many gimmicks - free cakes, goody bags, sweets, pens, even a free massage (a good way of grabbing your attention as you can't go anywhere!), there was even a stall with a couple of bikini clad girls in it!

My seminar was about a third full, surprising for midday on saturday? There were tumbleweeds blowing about in the main hall, and the place had the atmosphere of a run down charity shop. No doubt excel will say that the event was a success with unprecedented levels of interest (since joining HPC, I can now speak like an EA (in other words a load of b****x).

My conclusion - the cats out of the bag for the hsing market, and about bloody time! :lol:

great firsthand report thankyou. wish I had gne to check it out. did you take the opportumity to gather any other info or opinions from EAs etc.

ST

Guest Bart of Darkness

The Excel Centre is like a glimpse of purgatory. The London Bookfair moved there a couple of years ago. They moved right back out of there the following year. Nuff said.

Look who's trying to flog properties in Florida

Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes

Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes offer you the opportunity to buy with confidence through a name you can trust. Carol has set her team a target to provide an unrivalled service to buyers and indeed sellers alike. All the properties on offer, will be from only highly vetted developers and exclusively for the Homebuyer Show, CVOH will have a number of properties on offer of specific interest to investors, including a close out sale on a limited number of newly built, 3 and 4 bedroom town houses on one of Orlando’s top rated resorts.

http://www.homebuyer.co.uk/exhibitors.asp

I see Inside track are exhibiting as well.

Pacman741

Reminds me of a contact manufacturing show I went to about three years ago.

Plus about a quarter of the exhibitors were from Asia, a long way from Brum.

why does anyone trust her? according to wiki she failed every year at uni

She was a member of the "Nines Club" at Cambridge, so named because members achieve a third in each of their three years of study (3+3+3=9)

dodgy maths = house prices can always rise?

Bikini-clad girls - (bring in the mud pit!) YEEHAAARRRRR :rolleyes:

I walked past on my way to the dive show on Saturday and it was dead in there from what I could see. The dive show was heaving. Maybe all the EA's should have come to the dive show to do the try dives - they might as well get used to the feeling of being underwater... :lol:

UM

I'll have a villa please Carol, a Bulgarian Flat, another villa, another villa and a Cape Verde land plot

60 seconds er months to make a profit

The Excel Centre is like a glimpse of purgatory. The London Bookfair moved there a couple of years ago. They moved right back out of there the following year. Nuff said.

Yes, it is a horrid place right from the moment you leave the train station. I rather expected to meet a Jabberwock inside.

Yes, it is a horrid place right from the moment you leave the train station. I rather expected to meet a Jabberwock inside.

Its OK for mega shows like the Boat Show or the Motor Show, but thats about it. I only live a stones throw away and wish I'd gone for just the freebies!

great firsthand report thankyou. wish I had gne to check it out. did you take the opportumity to gather any other info or opinions from EAs etc.

ST

No. they were too busy chasing the bikini girls and doing their hair! :rolleyes:

Its OK for mega shows like the Boat Show or the Motor Show

There seemed to be so much dislike of the Boat Show at Excel that another Boatshow (re) started at Earls Court, its historical home. Anyway, the Southampton Boat Show knocks both the London shows into a cocked hat ;)

she seems to be a good warning indicator...

For a couple of years she's been advertising loan consolidation. and now we have credit cunch

Then she turns to selling homes in Florida, the one location most devestated by a price collapse.

Whatever she turns to next, avoid it like the plague.

she seems to be a good warning indicator...

For a couple of years she's been advertising loan consolidation. and now we have credit cunch

Then she turns to selling homes in Florida, the one location most devestated by a price collapse.

Whatever she turns to next, avoid it like the plague.

She did OK here.

Cuntdown

Edited by barry

Look who's trying to flog properties in Florida

Carol Vorderman Overseas Homes

What is it with this woman?

She spends 20 years carefully building a career and crafting a public image, presumably earning megadosh in the process...

... and then decides to have a go at being a loan shark. And now an estate agent!

Does she need to be hated that much?