House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ash4781

Clegg Urges New Political System

Clegg is an unstrustworthy, hypocritical tosser.

First part of any parliamentary system is that you represent your electorate and you follow the mandate on which you are elected, which as far as the libdems is concerned doesn't mean a hill of beans following the vote on the new constitution.

We need a new type of govt. alright, with the likes of Clegg having no part in it.

Edited by OnlyMe

I'd say we need a new type of economy. One that invests in productive enterprises and technologies and not bricks and mortar speculation. Then again maybe I'm old fashioned and it is all different now.

Clegg is an unstrustworthy, hypocritical tosser.

First part of any parliamentary system is that you represent your electorate and you follow the mandate on which you are elected, which as far as the libdems is concerned doesn't mean a hill of beans following the vote on the new constitution.

We need a new type of govt. alright, with the likes of Clegg having no part in it.

I believe that before becoming an MP people should have to undergo psychiatric analysis before being allowed to represent anyone. NASA astronauts undergo rigorous selection procedures, so why can`t we do the same with our elected representatives? :lol:

I'd say we need a new type of economy. One that invests in productive enterprises and technologies and not bricks and mortar speculation. Then again maybe I'm old fashioned and it is all different now.

What nonsense. What we need is an economy that is driven by successive asset bubbles created by speculation and greed. :wacko:

Edited by RajD

Get Vince Cable in as leader and I might listen to the Lib Dems.

I agree - he seems to be one of the only politicians in parliament at the moment (of all party persuasions) that has any idea about how to run the economy. Pity the Lib Dems didn't elect him as party leader.

I agree - he seems to be one of the only politicians in parliament at the moment (of all party persuasions) that has any idea about how to run the economy. Pity the Lib Dems didn't elect him as party leader.

There are a few sensible Tories out there but Camreon is keeping them locked in the attic. And with good reason.

Let's face it if Vince Cable was saying what he's saying with a blue rosette on we'd just dismiss him as a right wing monetarist nutcase and he would scare the voters.

We get the leaders we deserve.

Er... did The Rt. Hon. Member for Twickenham vote for the referendum?

Didnt think so.

Vince Cable is still a politician, ie. he is a feckless self-obssessed slug who needs to be sent to Siberia just as much as the rest of the feckless self-obssessed slugs.

What we need are politicians who really care about the electorate and not what they, the MPs, can get out of the system. The majority seem to be in it for their benefit - they say power corrupts!!

What we need are politicians who really care about the electorate and not what they, the MPs, can get out of the system. The majority seem to be in it for their benefit - they say power corrupts!!

what we need is this guy or others like him.

Presidential Candidate

In my opinion the G7 nations are about to see a significant fall in their standard of living, we are competing against countries with much lower taxes and much lower regulation and we have got no chance -unless we cut the size of government waste, non jobs and red tape, remove the incentive to claim benefits and encourage true wealth creation rather than debt addiction.

What we need to do is to cut the MPs salary to about £30k p.a.

That way real people will become MPs instead of the current crop of parasite lawyers.

Whats the worst that could happen? We end up with the Commons filled with dustbinmen and busdrivers? Could hardly do a worse job than the present MPs. At least dustbinmen and busdrivers know what its like to live in the UK without armour-plated chauffer driven grace-and-favour jaguars.

Face it, to become an MP, there are dozens of applicants for each post. No qualifications required. No minimum educational standard. Why do they deserve all that money?

Edited by jonewer

What we need to do is to cut the MPs salary to about £30k p.a.

That way real people will become MPs instead of the current crop of parasite lawyers.

Whats the worst that could happen? We end up with the Commons filled with dustbinmen and busdrivers? Could hardly do a worse job than the present MPs. At least dustbinmen and busdrivers know what its like to live in the UK without armour-plated chauffer driven grace-and-favour jaguars.

Face it, to become an MP, there are dozens of applicants for each post. No qualifications required. No minimum educational standard. Why do they deserve all that money?

I personally think it is not an easy job to be an MP (if done properly) but we have such a self-serving bunch to select. I wonder how many really care what happens to this country when you see Blair hopping off to USA at such speed. And, I believe, that having to declare conflicts of interest when you are an MP should also require that you should not be able to take up high advisory posts with industry after you have left government. Otherwise, what is to stop MPs voting for policies beneficial to these industries (to the detriment of UK tax payer) when they know there may well be a job in the offing should they leave the comfort of Westminster.

what we need is [Ron Paul] guy or others like him.

Because there's no better way to waste six million dollars than telling libertarians that libertarianism is good?

The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man.JPG

Edited by Jonnyargles