House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Again.

HOLA441
HOLA442
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/worldthisweekend/

From 14 mins onwards.................at last they've caught up.

Heard it, also the story about Spain and their collapsing construction industry and rising food and fuel prices.

Not much there for the chancellor. I wish that the Tories had someone as good as Vince Cable to respond after the coming budget statement from Darling.

HOLA443
Heard it, also the story about Spain and their collapsing construction industry and rising food and fuel prices.

Not much there for the chancellor. I wish that the Tories had someone as good as Vince Cable to respond after the coming budget statement from Darling.

Do not delude yourself. The tories have been quiet on the economy as well as housing and the real reason is that they do not want to upset their friends in the city. You will never get a Tory to admit to the banks folly.

HOLA444

Vince=subtance

Tories=bluster

Vince makes the Libdems look electable for the first time since Gadstone. He should have been leader.

HOLA445
Vince=subtance

Tories=bluster

Vince makes the Libdems look electable for the first time since Gadstone. He should have been leader.

Hope the Sea Air was good for you. Did you see an abundance of for sale signs at the seaside ?

HOLA446
HOLA447
Do not delude yourself. The tories have been quiet on the economy as well as housing and the real reason is that they do not want to upset their friends in the city. You will never get a Tory to admit to the banks folly.

I also get the feeling that they might be thinking that so long as Gordon and Alistair are sawing away at the branch they are sitting on there is little to be gained by interrupting.

The whole ten years of silence about Gordon's fake miracle remains a mystery to me though.

HOLA448
I also get the feeling that they might be thinking that so long as Gordon and Alistair are sawing away at the branch they are sitting on there is little to be gained by interrupting.

The whole ten years of silence about Gordon's fake miracle remains a mystery to me though.

This is kind of what Blair did during the Major years, wasn't it? The argument was that they didn't need policies right now because they didn't know what state the economy would be in by the time of the election.

Love the new avatar btw. We like Survivors. Watching that could be useful in the coming years. ;)

HOLA449

My brother in law is a builder in Sussex, mostly doing home improvement type stuff. He says its very very quiet these days. He's been calling back people hes given quotes to and theyve said that even though hes generally the cheapest they just cant afford to have the work done.

HOLA4410
My brother in law is a builder in Sussex, mostly doing home improvement type stuff. He says its very very quiet these days. He's been calling back people hes given quotes to and theyve said that even though hes generally the cheapest they just cant afford to have the work done.

All the skips and vans have vanished -North Liverpool ( yes they were stolen!)- last year you could not park in some roads.

Either a generation has done it's improvements or the MEW fest is over.

Town centre has gone very quite a lot of sites un-finished. Doddy called it a Blitz theme park

HOLA4411

Unfortunateky in the construction industry a bit of wage perception reajustment is going to be necassary. I recently was qouted £2400 to replace my doors and windows, they said it would take two days.

So I did some homework and found a local company would make the doors and windows for under a GRAND, £1400 for two dudes for two days graft! nice if you can get it, I make that as a carer in two weeks.

Anyway they will still work just their not going to earn silly money anymore!