House Price Crash Forum

Credit Crisis Seen Lasting Until After Summer

HOLA441
HOLA442

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the credit crunch will last for alot longer, as banks re-appraise risk and decide that in the short term such lending is no longer sustainable.

The credit crunch is just the start. By the summer we'll see the effects move from financial markets into the real economy, meaning job losses and inflated asset prices come tumbling down.

HOLA443
Until after summer holidays

LMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe they should take off those rose-coloured specs and try 'until after next summer' - but even that might be a tad optimistic

Edited to add - there might just be a complete collapse of the fractional reserve banking system, in which case their estimate could be right :rolleyes:

Edited by RajD

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
"Everyone is anxiously awaiting the results for the first quarter, then they will seek confirmation in the second quarter and then it is summer already," said the chief of the Belgian banking and insurance group.

"I fear we will only be able to speak of an eventual recovery after the holidays at the earliest."

Bergen had earlier predicted the credit crisis would end around March.

The blokes a total guesser , hasn't got a clue , although he's worked out that summer starts at the end of the second quarter :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the credit crunch will last for alot longer, as banks re-appraise risk and decide that in the short term such lending is no longer sustainable.

The credit crunch is just the start. By the summer we'll see the effects move from financial markets into the real economy, meaning job losses and inflated asset prices come tumbling down.

I reckon it (the article) is code for the credit markets will not unfreeze until after summer, a full twelve months, we're not even approaching shitstormsville yet :unsure:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I predict the Credit Crunch will end next Summer as most people will repay their mortgages having saved over the winter months.

By November 2008, 99.97% of all property will be mortgage free a clear indication that an economic miracle has yet again taken place before our very eyes.

HOLA4415
I predict the Credit Crunch will end next Summer as most people will repay their mortgages having saved over the winter months.

By November 2008, 99.97% of all property will be mortgage free a clear indication that an economic miracle has yet again taken place before our very eyes.

:lol: .....shortly afterwards I will publicy announce my engagement to Katherine Jenkins. We plan to have a flying pig quartet at the wedding. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There is going to be an emergency rescue package initiated by the Government for people who cannot afford to pay their mortgages and personal debt.

In a statement made to the press today, Gordon Brown commits "500bn of new money (not money reported many times before) to build bankruptcy courts and poor houses across the land.

Under the slogan "Back to Basics, God Bless the Victorians, Disabled people will be invited to live on the street or have their benefits cut, Bankrupts will be publicly flogged, and starving children will be shipped to work in the new empire Iraq.

HOLA4418
There is going to be an emergency rescue package initiated by the Government for people who cannot afford to pay their mortgages and personal debt.

In a statement made to the press today, Gordon Brown commits "500bn of new money (not money reported many times before) to build bankruptcy courts and poor houses across the land.

Under the slogan "Back to Basics, God Bless the Victorians, Disabled people will be invited to live on the street or have their benefits cut, Bankrupts will be publicly flogged, and starving children will be shipped to work in the new empire Iraq.

The starving children will be accompanied by the hoodies and chavs. After they get to Iraq and freedom from the class system of the UK they will build a truly democratic, independant, country with opportunity for all. After a 100 or so years everyone left in Britain will be dying to live there but the majority won't meet the entry requirements. Always happens.

HOLA4419
The blokes a total guesser , hasn't got a clue , although he's worked out that summer starts at the end of the second quarter :rolleyes:

As an asset management firm's CEO, the guy may be so much in it to be either in manic denial or trying to keep people calm for few more weeks. AAA securities anyone? :P

Edited by blackbear