Sarah Jessica Parker and beau Chris North go for the one trip option

Others try to rope in the bf, but their partners are just too damn metrosexual:

victoria-beckham-posh-spice.jpg

"Remember Vics, if anyone asks about the light fittin's, it weren't us."

Others go for a team effort:

lilyallen.jpg

"Lilly carries the furniture, I carry Lilly."

:P

Women; as if men would ever buy into anything so stupid.

Now, where's my Filofax ....

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
You can buy perfect copies from China, at a fraction of the cost! B)

... or at the dollar store:

chinatown_shopping_bags.jpg

dollar store plaid nylon shopping bag

... the obvious "inspiration" for LV's "creation". I suppose it's supposed to be witty. Certainly makes a joke of anyone stumping up £1,200.

Amusingly from the wepage of this image :

Lauren : "I travel for work, and I am currently in El Paso. They are for sale at every place by the bridges to Mexico. Usually $1."

Joan : "In my neighborhood, you can get them at laundromats. I see a lot of people - usually immigrants - carrying their laundry back and forth in them."

and ..

miranda : "Not sure about the furniture but the bags are from Louis Vuitton apparently."

Yeah baby! Cheap-jack, illegals culture: that's class!

Now sing along with me : "The King is in the altogether, the altogether, he's altogether naked as the day that he was born ..."

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
LOL!

Never seen that stuff before. (apart from 20 years ago that is).

Where's the wheels?

Would make grocery shopping using public transport a lot easier.

If it wouldn't be so embarrasing to been seen with one of those, I'd really like one with a fold down chair on front, which may well work.

Edit: 6trolley.jpg

Edited by maxwell

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Excuse my ignorance (which in this case is bliss) but those bags above aren't really over a grand are they? Please tell me its a joke and that these people aren't as thick as that.

No, they exist.

I've never actually ever seen one in the flesh though - I think they were a publicity release and given only to slebs. (Clearly not popular even when free, hence Kelly Osbourne, as opposed to someone at least B list, such as Lindsey Lohan).

It undoubtedly worked on the publicity angle, but why on earth would you want your luxury brand associated with launderettes?

If you haven't already offloaded your LVMH shares, I imagine Monday would be a good time to do so?????

Edited by vanessa kensington

HOLA4411

So what do you put in these bags? They're so big that if you filled them up with anything reasonably dense (Krugerrands, for example), you wouldn't be able to carry them. Perhaps they're for carrying your BTL profits to the bank.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
No, they exist.

I've never actually ever seen one in the flesh though - I think they were a publicity release and given only to slebs. (Clearly not popular even when free, hence Kelly Osbourne, as opposed to someone at least B list, such as Lindsey Lohan).

It undoubtedly worked on the publicity angle, but why on earth would you want your luxury brand associated with launderettes?

If you haven't already offloaded your LVMH shares, I imagine Monday would be a good time to do so?????

Our "culture" is truly fu**ed up.

Paying over a grand to have a bag that looks like it cost a quid is the ultimate in unproductive use of capital.

I would of course never buy shares in any branded clothing organisation it has always seemed odd to me that people pay so much money to a clothing company to be a walking advert for them. Sooner or later people will wise up to this and that will be the end of these silly companies.

HOLA4414

I heard that these 'designer' shysters made their real money not from £1200 bags, but from all the little 'affordable' bits and bobs like belts, wallets etc that bear the makers name and which the plebs can afford. The company has to heavily advertise the high-end crap, but not really to sell it - they do it in order to maintain their overhyped status for the plebs to buy into on a lower level.

HOLA4415
Excuse my ignorance (which in this case is bliss) but those bags above aren't really over a grand are they? Please tell me its a joke and that these people aren't as thick as that.

Quite. And the holdalls will set you back a bob or two too.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I heard that these 'designer' shysters made their real money not from £1200 bags, but from all the little 'affordable' bits and bobs like belts, wallets etc that bear the makers name and which the plebs can afford. The company has to heavily advertise the high-end crap, but not really to sell it - they do it in order to maintain their overhyped status for the plebs to buy into on a lower level.

Yup thats exactly how it works.

ST