House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AwaitingFairPrices

Martin(mse) On Itpaystowatch (five Tv)

Just been watching Martin on Five.

Talking about mortgages and interest rates and he said, his opinion, credit crunch is going to get much worse and interest rates will go higher even though base rates fall. Advised everyone to try and get the best deal they can now.

Was only a snippet article in the show, but people seem to listen to him, so more words of warning for the sheeple to hear.

AFP

Good stuff. I think he has got some credibility with the sheeple. the more of these types to tell the sheeple that they are f*cked the sooner we will see the dark side of fearful greedy emotions connected to property, there will be a mass sell off (or attempt at one) Alistair needs to buy some bigger pants, and maybe a brown bag or two to dry retch into as he sits aside Gordo my Gordo in the commons. Darlings plans to save mortgage holders are like pi*sing into the Atlantic and trying to measure the effect.

He's always so excitable looking and over-earnest.

Jiggling about in his seat. Scares me. I can't watch it.

He's far too animated.

But yes, he has the ear of the sheeple. He's the Housewives' Choice.... which means they'll be nagging their old fellas to do what he says.

I've heard a rumour that Ben Bernanke has been going to him for advice recently... apparently the £7 USB drive tip was particularly well-received and most of the staff at the Fed are cutting out vouchers 24x7.

Guest Skint Academic
Jiggling about in his seat. Scares me. I can't watch it.

Yeah but you get scared either way ...

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Unfortunately I have reservations resulting from the way the MSE forum operates. Whilst the going was 'good', it was standard that every last bit of advice was to borrow as much as you could afford. Any attempt to point out that the amounts borrowed were more than the individual could actually afford was ridiculed and, on occasion, removed. With increasing problems there have been repeated attempts to stop people talking about crashes, leaving the wool over the eyes of the sheeple.