House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Us Shadow Government Stats

Guest mattsta1964

Shadow Governemt Stats

Weird what's going on

Seems like capital is being destroyed faster than the Fed can print money to try to rescue the system......And they are printing money at a furious rate!

Shadow Governemt Stats

Weird what's going on

Seems like capital is being destroyed faster than the Fed can print money to try to rescue the system......And they are printing money at a furious rate!

Well shadow M3 & M2 are going up...have I missed something?

So inflation is really running at over 10%!!! :ph34r: , and not the gvt-quoted 4% <_<

Obviously, there's a direct correlation between money supply and inflation, but isn't it odd that the Fed stopped publishing the M3 figure after March 2006 which, funnily enough, is shortly after both M3 and inflation started climbing skywards. <_<

Guest mattsta1964
So inflation is really running at over 10%!!! :ph34r: , and not the gvt-quoted 4% <_<

Obviously, there's a direct correlation between money supply and inflation, but isn't it odd that the Fed stopped publishing the M3 figure after March 2006 which, funnily enough, is shortly after both M3 and inflation started climbing skywards. <_<

But capital is being destroyed faster than the Fed Reserve can create new money

The big danger is deflation rather than inflation

America is heading for the biggest crash since the Great Depression

Mike Whitney lays it on the line in this article in the Market Oracle

Market Oracle - Mike Whitney 08/03/2008

Well shadow M3 & M2 are going up...have I missed something?

yup.

Lets have a quick re-cap.

M3 grows at 16% per annum...dow jones static at 12000.

...dow jones investors are LOSING 16% of their money per annum.

great investment innit!!......same is true with the FTSE.

so no recession is there?

But capital is being destroyed faster than the Fed Reserve can create new money

The big danger is deflation rather than inflation

America is heading for the biggest crash since the Great Depression

Mike Whitney lays it on the line in this article in the Market Oracle

Market Oracle - Mike Whitney 08/03/2008

Here we go again. Inflation or deflation? There's only one way to find out .... fight!! :)

It could still go either way, but I think the Fed are going to bankrupt the US dollar. My vote goes to hyperinflation. If deflation is upon us, the M3 supply chart will turn down and the change of trend will be dramatic. If it is hyperinflation that we are facing, this graph will continue accelerating upwards at an exponential pace.

Edited by RajD

Shadow Governemt Stats

Weird what's going on

Just this week john williams (of shadowstats.com) has been on CNN and Alex Jones.

He is predicting Hyper inflation wiemar style.

thats how you explain it.

Just remember they will do everything in their power to avoid deflation. They simply will not let it happen on their watch. Thats means inflation (massive inflation).

yup.

Lets have a quick re-cap.

M3 grows at 16% per annum...dow jones static at 12000.

...dow jones investors are LOSING 16% of their money per annum.

great investment innit!!......same is true with the FTSE.

so no recession is there?

4kde9ts.png

Just remember they will do everything in their power to avoid deflation. They simply will not let it happen on their watch. Thats means inflation (massive inflation).

That's the crux of the argument - far too many reputations have been staked on the ability to avoid a Great Depression a la 1929 for it to occur again. When Benrnake has made a career of lecturing and writing about how the Great Depression could have been avoided by timely imtervention, he's not likely to allow a Second Great Depression. My bet is he'd prefer a hyper-inflation. Although that's not what he'll be aimng for - he'll be aiming for just enough inflation to get rid of all that pesky debt! Talk about riding the tiger.......

That's the crux of the argument - far too many reputations have been staked on the ability to avoid a Great Depression a la 1929 for it to occur again. When Benrnake has made a career of lecturing and writing about how the Great Depression could have been avoided by timely imtervention, he's not likely to allow a Second Great Depression. My bet is he'd prefer a hyper-inflation. Although that's not what he'll be aimng for - he'll be aiming for just enough inflation to get rid of all that pesky debt! Talk about riding the tiger.......

Your optimism that the very numpties who didn't see this mess coming are actually going to be able to control the pandoras box still amazes me.

Bernanke will definately sort this out otherwise he will never live it down!

Your optimism that the very numpties who didn't see this mess coming are actually going to be able to control the pandoras box still amazes me.

Bernanke will definately sort this out otherwise he will never live it down!

But they did see it coming. They just didn't admit so in public.

If they had seen it coming they would not have let the US housing market crash with such spectacular results.

This is precisely the same as the 2000 tech bubble which coincidently burst horribly. These people are moving from asset bubble to asset bubble, with no plan for stability or structure, they see nothing but short term gain, mainly at the expense of the general populace, but don't kid yourself they realise what the implications are for what they are doing, they havn't got a feckin clue.

But they did see it coming. They just didn't admit so in public.

If they had seen it coming they would not have let the US housing market crash with such spectacular results.

This is precisely the same as the 2000 tech bubble which coincidently burst horribly. These people are moving from asset bubble to asset bubble, with no plan for stability or structure, they see nothing but short term gain, mainly at the expense of the general populace, but don't kid yourself they realise what the implications are for what they are doing, they havn't got a feckin clue.

Seems pretty obvious to me where all that new M3 is going - it's going into commodities.

Seems pretty obvious to me where all that new M3 is going - it's going into commodities.

Which will cause short term inflation, but the the commodity bubble will burst quick time .. then guess what we get ....

It starts with a D.

With M3 exploding, and with negative real interest rates, I certainly wouldn't expect anything starting with a "d".

If the commodities bull run doesn't take hold long term, then I see no other scenario.

I think the need for cash will outweigh such speculation.

Guest Skint Academic
Which will cause short term inflation, but the the commodity bubble will burst quick time .. then guess what we get ....

It starts with a D.

Diarrhoea?

Good point. Broad Monetary inflation is running a double digits (% pa) in 18 of the worlds top 20 currencies. Could be coming from anywhere I suppose.

Which begs the question who is actually in control here? The money lenders (banking system) or the money makers (commodity countries).

When are you expecting deflation to take hold? Week/Months/Years from now?

Early 09 ... but your guess is as good as mine. Low interest rates signal deflation to me.