House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
headmelter

Estate Agent Bu11sh1t

Many moons ago when the NI thread was conceived I posted :

"House prices have jumped 48% in the last 12 months in the area where I live and there seems to be no stoppng the increase.

Out of curiosity I requested a valuation on my own house to be told by 3 estate agents :ph34r: that it wouldn't be done for a fortnight because they are so busy :rolleyes: ."

Well, I spoke to someone this afternoon who had been to view a house and had subsequently contacted an EA to have their house valued as they were considering placing a bid. They were told that their house could not be valued for, wait for it ........FOUR WEEKS... :blink: because they are just too busy.

Now I'm wondering what they are busy doing because they don't seem to be selling houses.

Anyone else think they may be trying to restrict current inventory? Or is there a 'dead cat' spring bounce on the way?

They're most likely busy doing valuations as there's probably plenty of houses coming on-stream in April. B)

Vision Property Agents give away another 15 estate agents signs for free to Belfast home owners.

I think I might order one for a laugh, I could do with more colour at the front of the house!

The most recent properties on our books are as follows:

FOR SALE

1 Mill Mews, Hillsborough, Stunning modern townhouse in excellent location, £335,000

3 Haddington Gds, BT6, Superb bay fronted semi with converted roofspace, £325,000

7 Magaluf Park, Moneyreagh, Spacious 3 bed semi detached dormer bungalow, £245,000

24 Houston Drive, BT5, 3 Bed semi with rear garden located in popular Orby area, £265,000

182 Orby Drive, BT5, 3 Bed semi in need of some updating, £239,950

32 Delamont Park, BT6, Extended semi finished to the highest standard, £285,000

2 Clonallon Park, BT4, Excellent 3 bed detached home on generous site, £369,000

6 Station Road, BT4, Large 3 bed semi with excellent rear garden, £305,000

35 Orby Gardens, BT5, 3 Bed semi requiring minimal updating, £250,000

52 Orangefield Avenue, BT5, Semi detached home at excellent price, £215,000

235 Castlereagh Road, BT5, Mid terrace with 2 bedroom and 2 receptions, £169,950

104 Hyndford Street, BT5, Mid terrace with large reception room, £175,000

2 Cicero Gardens, BT6, Modern semi with excellent rear garden, £270,000

6 Glen Road, BT5, Excellent mid terrace finished to the highest standard throughout, £215,000

179 Clarawood Park, BT5, Modern semi detached home with rear garden, £165,000

Further details can be found on our website www.visionpropertyagents.co.uk

If you have any queries please contact us.

Regards

Jeff

Jeff McFerran BSc (Hons)

Partner

Vision Property Agents

8 Grand Parade, Belfast, BT5 5HH

(028) 9070 2999

www.visionpropertyagents.co.uk

Fixed Fee Sale £950 - Extended Opening Hours To 7:30pm Mon - Thur and 2:30pm Saturdays - Contact 07791 529919 Out Of Hours

See things differently - we do

Edited by mnc

Jeff McFerran BSc (Hons)

Partner

Vision Property Agents

that's it....I HATE people who feel the need to put letters after their name. Ooooh look at me....I'm unique and I've got a degree....

WELL LOOK AGAIN F****WIT...you're not alone as most people these days have degrees.....my blood's boiling and this bottle of red wine's not gonna calm me down

going to email him tomorrow to give him some dog's abuse :angry:

Edited by subby

Jeff McFerran BSc (Hons)

Partner

Vision Property Agents

that's it....I HATE people who feel the need to put letters after their name. Ooooh look at me....I'm unique and I've got a degree....

WELL LOOK AGAIN F****WIT...you're not alone as most people these days have degrees.....my blood's boiling and this bottle of red wine's not gonna calm me down

going to email him tomorrow to give him some dog's abuse :angry:

you get degrees in media studies and religion so what, open another bottle, i,m on my 2nd of chateau de terrefort-quancard hic.

mellow out.

Many moons ago when the NI thread was conceived I posted :

"House prices have jumped 48% in the last 12 months in the area where I live and there seems to be no stoppng the increase.

Out of curiosity I requested a valuation on my own house to be told by 3 estate agents :ph34r: that it wouldn't be done for a fortnight because they are so busy :rolleyes: ."

Well, I spoke to someone this afternoon who had been to view a house and had subsequently contacted an EA to have their house valued as they were considering placing a bid. They were told that their house could not be valued for, wait for it ........FOUR WEEKS... :blink: because they are just too busy.

Now I'm wondering what they are busy doing because they don't seem to be selling houses.

Anyone else think they may be trying to restrict current inventory? Or is there a 'dead cat' spring bounce on the way?

Viewings definitely up (had more in last 2 weeks of Jan than all last year), also heard in a few places that valuation numbers are way up, some ppl I know thinking of selling are working on the basis that the house they want to buy is going to be cheaper so doesn't matter if they get less on theirs.

<br />Viewings definitely up (had more in last 2 weeks of Jan than all last year), also heard in a few places that valuation numbers are way up, some ppl I know thinking of selling are working on the basis that the house they want to buy is going to be cheaper so doesn't matter if they get less on theirs.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

What sort of valuations are being put on their properties? If they are still high what sort of percentage drop are they prepared to accept?

you get degrees in media studies and religion so what, open another bottle, i,m on my 2nd of chateau de terrefort-quancard hic.

mellow out.

that's a nice bottle of wine you're quaffing there mate ;)

<br /><br /><br />

What sort of valuations are being put on their properties? If they are still high what sort of percentage drop are they prepared to accept?

I'm just off the phone to a mate in the holy lands who's had valuations around 175 - would have been a lot higher a while back. Think it's hit hard 'cos it's developer territory and not as popular with families 'cos of student hallion activity... Have other mates who've had valuations outside of Belfast but don't know what the figures were.

As to percentage drops, I don't know - I've asked on here before what people think about this, because when I stuck mine on it was already less than similar properties, so what gets used as the base for a 'drop'? the first price I'd used, which was already less than average, or the current average price in the area?

I know! I logged on at 2am, sober and was so jealous when I saw your 'are you as drunk as me?' post, Subby - then you're all discussing your fine wines! feckers. :)

Anyone feeling tender today..?

feeling like...box.gif... today :(

but was a nice bottle of wine ;)

feeling like...box.gif... today :(

but was a nice bottle of wine ;)

Get the vitamin B into you. ;) (Generic B complex from Holland & Barrett cheaper than Berocca, tho' you miss the fizzy-good-make-feel-well bubble factor...)

I have just enjoyed a glass of Cono Sur pinot noir, and am about to have a second, watching the rugby. You planted a seed, that seed grew...

Ha! Nice.. did a few one-offs in my old job; had to read out descriptions from our group once, where I'd said a particular white smelt like cat pee, someone else said it was like baby pee (?) and someone else said 'no, it smells like your pee after sugar puffs'. O-kaaaay....

Tremendous craic mind, want to do a full course myself once this house is so l d ..................

Dear Mr Watson

Should I buy or rent?

Tough lending conditions mean that average punters who don't have a perfect credit history or a chunky deposit are now struggling to get mortgages. Many first-time buyers are being forced to wait it out in the rental sector; other buyers are choosing to hang fire until prices fall. While nobody knows for sure what will happen in the market, buyers hoping for big drops could be waiting in vain. The Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) says that if most first-time buyers aren't biting because they can't get mortgages (as opposed to just not wanting to buy), then all that is happening at the moment is that demand is being pent up. Should lending conditions soften and lenders start offering mortgages to less-than-perfect borrowers, prices ought to rebound once more on the strength of this unleashed demand. All this means that those who can secure a big enough mortgage would be well advised to go for it now, especially as the slow market means that they should be able to haggle for a 5 and 10 per cent discount off asking prices. SOURCE: This is an extract from an article published in the Belfast Telegraph on 26th March 2008.

http://www.watsonpropertysales.com/wb_Wats...about/news.aspx

Good old Watson, trying to order the sea back :lol:

Edited by Vespasian

While nobody knows for sure what will happen in the market, buyers hoping for big drops could be waiting in vain.

I can assure you Mr. Watson, I know what is going to happen to the market. You do not have to be Sherlock Holmes to work it out! Elementry my dear Watson ;)