House Price Crash Forum

Hbos Is Officially Britains Worst Bank

HOLA441

Driving along this morning in the car, the radio said that Halifax has been voted Britains worst bank for service, account management and resolution of problems.

It seems you really get 60x more than any other bank

60x more charges

60x is the amount of you have ring to sort out a problem.

It was saying that they have frozen over 300,000 bank accounts just in financial year 2006-2007 and that the FSA has recieved over 23,000 complaint in the same period.

The fact still remains that they are the biggest Mortgage lender in the UK still, here are some of the stories I found on google to followup on what I heard.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews2538.html

Is this the way we deserve to be treated ?

HOLA442
Driving along this morning in the car, the radio said that Halifax has been voted Britains worst bank for service, account management and resolution of problems.

It seems you really get 60x more than any other bank

60x more charges

60x is the amount of you have ring to sort out a problem.

It was saying that they have frozen over 300,000 bank accounts just in financial year 2006-2007 and that the FSA has recieved over 23,000 complaint in the same period.

The fact still remains that they are the biggest Mortgage lender in the UK still, here are some of the stories I found on google to followup on what I heard.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews2538.html

Is this the way we deserve to be treated ?

I read some of the reviews, but many people seem to think it is a right to have an overdraft?

If these people complaining about unauthorised charges lived in a place like France they would be in serious trouble.

I've had issue's with the Halifax, indeed a few years ago they cancelled my large overdraft, and then over a bank holiday weekend, their collections phoned up and asked if I could pay it off via Debit Card?!

Lucky enough was able to pay it off, but I pity anyone getting into debt or having a mortgage with HBOS. I was "in debt" with them for a few days and that was bad enough.

HOLA443

I have to say that I have never had a problem with them but then I have always been in credit. I thought Abbey came out pretty bad in a recent Watchdog survey of UK banks?

Currently trying to spread my STR fund around numerous banks I have to say that I have found numerous banks to vary from so so to dire in simply trying to open an account of move money around.

HOLA444
I have to say that I have never had a problem with them but then I have always been in credit. I thought Abbey came out pretty bad in a recent Watchdog survey of UK banks?

Currently trying to spread my STR fund around numerous banks I have to say that I have found numerous banks to vary from so so to dire in simply trying to open an account of move money around.

I've only had one issue with them really, and thats only because I left secure well paid employment to less secure, not so well paid self employment. :blink:

But basically with HBOS keep your account in credit and treat your current account like a savings account. Also don't buy anything off them (cards, insurance etcc).

But yes if you go "accidentally" overdrawn with HBOS, its very expensive.