House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Spain Is Dropping...

Been keeping an eye on this place:

http://www.lifestyle-homes-investments.com...hp?refno=329257

It just dropped from 65K euro to 60K euro, 2 bed apartment.

Not at all expensive really.

I spoke to agent, said, would 40K be too little, I asked, no she said, give it a couple of months and you might find several available for that !!!!

Thats 30k for a place in the sun...and dropping....

I spoke to agent, said, would 40K be too little, I asked, no she said, give it a couple of months and you might find several available for that !!!!

64k euro to 40k euro, but will it be any cheaper in pounds? :o

Hi Count,

Thats interesting.

Is it better to buy new build or resale??

Cheers

Lovely stuff.

Let's hope prices really fall by Summer 2010 and my proposed move out there. Might be able to pick up a nice little Ibizan villa for £75-100,000. :D:D:D:D

You might want to buy the Euros now then. You might find it is 75-100k in Euros as well as pounds...

I think a couple of months sounds too long. There have been arcral cases of people walking away from 10% deposits out down ay the time of contract exchange because the value of the house has fallen by more than that before completion.

One of my friends in Madrid the week before last saw a house being advertised for sale at eur 450k. Out of interest only (a friend of his bought an identical house in the area for over 500 in 2005), he called the guy and asked for more details. At the end of the conversation, the guy asked my friend whether he was interested. He said "maybe at 320k I'd be interested". Last week, the guy called my friend back and asked whether he was still interested at 320k...

Yes Spain is crashing, but that's not surprising - Spanish real estate is more than twice as expensive relative to fair value than UK property.

Edited by Extradry Martini

Just saw a new "Solaris dream property at a Spanish golf resort sort of" advert on TV. Now they are offering a FREE VISIT to the place in the hope of a sale. The final thing he said was something along the lines of 'So you can see that we are indeed still selling property'.

Just how bad is it out there............

Polaris.....Solaris is a unix operating system patented and written by Sun Microsystem's who also patent Java :blink:

Just saw a new "Solaris dream property at a Spanish golf resort sort of" advert on TV. Now they are offering a FREE VISIT to the place in the hope of a sale. The final thing he said was something along the lines of 'So you can see that we are indeed still selling property'.

Just how bad is it out there............

Polaris.....Solaris is a unix operating system patented and written by Sun Microsystem's who also patent Java :blink:

Well you get the jist !!

Anyway they are actually advertising telling people they are still selling houses !! They are also willing to pay you to go over and see it for yourself !!!

Pretty desperate.

Q. who was "Beethoven"?

A. a dog in the movies.

Q. what is "Hamlet"?

A. a small cigar

Q. what is "Solaris"?

A. a unix operating system patented and written by Sun Microsystems

All technically correct I suppose, but they wouldn't be my choice of answers...

Q. who was "Beethoven"?

A. a dog in the movies.

Q. what is "Hamlet"?

A. a small cigar

Q. what is "Solaris"?

A. a unix operating system patented and written by Sun Microsystems

All technically correct I suppose, but they wouldn't be my choice of answers...

Very good EDM

Q.what is Polaris?

A.a Spanish Residential Development