House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
i wanna house

When

Turning the property market is like turning a tanker. In Brighton the tanker has stopped and is not welcome at the Marina and has now reversed towards Hove lagoon. The fact that it will not fit there hasn't stopped it and a tidal wave will eventually break across Brighton and H. This will happen at the beginning of May - the market will falter and die over the next 18 months.

Edited by castrogtx

that place isnt even too obscenely priced - move down into hannover a bit more and it'd be well over 400k for something like that.

i recon places near the station (houses, not those new build houses) will be kept high compared to, say, worthing (at the moment the difference is maybe 20%, i recon that'll increase) as wages in london continue to bolster the market. think prices will still correct a little though. there is at the mo, no sign of real drops in sold prices in brighton

median-brighton-200701-200801.gif

that place isnt even too obscenely priced - move down into hannover a bit more and it'd be well over 400k for something like that.

i recon places near the station (houses, not those new build houses) will be kept high compared to, say, worthing (at the moment the difference is maybe 20%, i recon that'll increase) as wages in london continue to bolster the market. think prices will still correct a little though. there is at the mo, no sign of real drops in sold prices in brighton

median-brighton-200701-200801.gif

Thats interesting..

Does anyone know the extent of the 'London effect' .. how far into brighton does it stretch ? will it survive the 'expected' correction of house prices ?

cheers

Chris

are the prices coming down then?

still looks stupid and overpriced were i am sitting

http://www.wardandpartners.co.uk/searchres...ertyID=31104481

Nice try 5lab (to talk up the market)..You have been exposed for what you are (a 'recently bought' desperately hoping the credit crunch is just a bad dream that would go away)..Have you been on Propertybee recently? I would suggest you download it, if you haven't got it already. Plenty of price drops across the board in B&H(many over 10%), many properdees previously sold STC coming back to the market, all in the last few weeks. The writings on the wall for the market in B&H and its only heading one way, DOWN!

Nice try 5lab (to talk up the market)..You have been exposed for what you are (a 'recently bought' desperately hoping the credit crunch is just a bad dream that would go away)..Have you been on Propertybee recently? I would suggest you download it, if you haven't got it already. Plenty of price drops across the board in B&H(many over 10%), many properdees previously sold STC coming back to the market, all in the last few weeks. The writings on the wall for the market in B&H and its only heading one way, DOWN!

i'll openly admit i've bought a house, and you're right, i wouldn't have bought if i thought prices were going to plumet. correct, yes, plumet, no. my point is i think the area near the station will hold out better than the areas outside (my house is 2 miles from the station so wont help me), as houses with gardens 50 mins from central london are pretty rare.

there's no drop in sold prices in brighton yet. some stuff is dropping whilst on the market, but that happens all the time. house prices are certainly not going to rise hard, but i don't think they'll drop much either. given the overbuilding of flats, i think they'll head the way of the ones up north - i don't see a big market for flats near the station as if you want a flat near london, you can get just that - thus the commutability of the area isn't so much a selling point for flats.

theres plenty of: available to Sold STC and back to available...

Fox and Son's i'm looking at you here.. they have itchy (desperate) trigger fingers there according to property bee.

of the 10 houses i'm watching in B+H - 3 have had decent price drops over the last month. my current favourite is this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-158...se&tr_t=buy

which has dropped as follows:

28th Jan 2008

* Initial entry found. £374,950

31st Jan 2008

* Price changed: from '£374,950' to '£349,950'

8th Mar 2008

* Price changed: from '£349,950' to '£319,950'

seriously - if you think that prices arent dropping in B+H then you really need to get Property Bee installed, give it a month and you will see plenty of blue price corrections

5lab.

Predictions for BN11 and BN16 please. :)

i recon they'll fall similarly to the 'normal' areas of brighton - ie not the new build flats, or the places right near the station, but the other 90% of places in reasonable neighbourhoods. currently worthing is what - 20% lower? so i think that'll continue. i recon houses in the area i've described will drop around 10%, so same for worthing - i don't think there are many market factors to differenciate the 2. but to be honest, i don't *know* - its just a guess based on everything i read.

theres plenty of: available to Sold STC and back to available...

Fox and Son's i'm looking at you here.. they have itchy (desperate) trigger fingers there according to property bee.

of the 10 houses i'm watching in B+H - 3 have had decent price drops over the last month. my current favourite is this one:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-158...se&tr_t=buy

which has dropped as follows:

28th Jan 2008

* Initial entry found. £374,950

31st Jan 2008

* Price changed: from '£374,950' to '£349,950'

8th Mar 2008

* Price changed: from '£349,950' to '£319,950'

seriously - if you think that prices arent dropping in B+H then you really need to get Property Bee installed, give it a month and you will see plenty of blue price corrections

my ex lived in that road (2 down from there). seemed a nicish place, but pricey, no parking and no garden. may as well just have a sea view flat?

Edited by 5lab

Glad to hear it, however 5lab thinks it's a nice place, the voice of experience and all aged 25.

well what do you think is wrong with it? my ex lived there for a year while i was dating her, never had any troubles

well what do you think is wrong with it? my ex lived there for a year while i was dating her, never had any troubles

Watching the ******** I bought there devalue to half of what I paid has probably soured my viewpoint on that road.

are the prices coming down then?

still looks stupid and overpriced were i am sitting

http://www.wardandpartners.co.uk/searchres...ertyID=31104481

Home owners / developers can still set their own prices, going against the recommendations of the EA's.

This is called denial.

The next step is the one we all want, when house prices absolutely dive to rock bottom.

Be patient my friend. Rome wasn't built in a day.