House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mew too

Calm Before The Storm, Met Office Warning

Heavy winds forecast for Monday, Dow Jones has just gone out for the week on its lows breaking key pyshcological supports at 12000. Uptrends on Nasdaq since the lows in 2003 are broken on weekly charts as of tonight.

All we need now is Michael Fish to tell us there will be no wind :lol:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/...t_warnings.html

(apologies if already posted, couldnt find the thread)

1987 Fish

Edited by mew too

The Met Office is expecting an intense low pressure system to move east across the UK during Monday 10 March, bringing severe gales and potentially damaging gusts across some areas. Southerly winds are expected to strengthen during the first part of Monday but then turn westerly later. Gusts of 60 to 70mph are expected but there is a possibility of 80mph gusts over exposed coasts and hills. Much depends on the exact track of the low centre but at this stage, parts of Wales and the southern half of England are considered at greatest risk. Disruption could occur to transport and power supply networks and there may be damage to buildings. This warning will be updated around 1030 on Saturday 8 March 2008.

Issued at: 0930 Fri 7 Mar

what's with the big dark hole off the south-west corner?! wasn't the big crash in the same week as the hurricane (80's)...i'm sure it was... :unsure:

what's with the big dark hole off the south-west corner?! wasn't the big crash in the same week as the hurricane (80's)...i'm sure it was... :unsure:

Black means its breezy, a steady 60 knots+ the marking give wind speed in knots, looks like 60+knots thats violent storm force 11 "56 - 63 Knots very rarely experienced accompanied by wide-spread damage" possibly up to hurricane force 12 (64+ Knots).

Black means its breezy, a steady 60 knots+ the marking give wind speed in knots, looks like 60+knots thats violent storm force 11 "56 - 63 Knots very rarely experienced accompanied by wide-spread damage" possibly up to hurricane force 12 (64+ Knots).

And I thought this site was just about HPC...I've learnt something new! ;)

Nice doom laden note to go out on. Goodnight and God bless. Hopefully it will blow some sense into the many potential sellers around the country.

60 Kts+ out to see does not = 60 kts+ on land; surface friction effects will slow it down to around 50 Kts. Still, that will literally blow you over, and will get a light aircraft airbourne without the engine on.... Oh, if you know what you are doing you can actually fly aircraft backwards in these winds!

Almost. The storm was on Friday 16 October 1987, and the crash happened on the following Monday.

Guest Bart of Darkness
You big jessies. Its just a wee bit of wind :P

I blame Gordon Brown.

I was camping in Cornwall in the last hurricane (broke a few poles). I'm to old for that kind of stunt now, although it was an experience :o I think I'll sit inside and wait for this one to blow over. Shame I can't do the same with the financial storm that seems headed our way.