Vespasian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

400 for me this week

Will start to move up a gear from start of Aug. Last chance this yr, one last push, to shift overpriced kek (or for the few motivated and clued in sellers/EAs) before autumn/winter and further seepage of lots more bad news from all directions. Most sellers EAs don't think like this, however, so it will be forced on them, like the turning of a thumbscrew.

Most are actually waiting for the banks to 'lend' again!!!!!

I suspect that the banks will actually start to lose patience with property bad debt soon and a trickle could soon become a flood. The bottom end of the market where I am is being hammered down surprisingly quickly - this will spread and averages will be dragged down as these are mostly the few houses that are selling. This has been acknowledged by EAs in recent press reports and due to be confirmed (I anticipate) in UUJ 2nd quarter report - prob end Aug release - and, I suspect, next weeks RICS report.

Will start to move up a gear from start of Aug. Last chance this yr, one last push, to shift overpriced kek (or for the few motivated and clued in sellers/EAs) before autumn/winter and further seepage of lots more bad news from all directions. Most sellers EAs don't think like this, however, so it will be forced on them, like the turning of a thumbscrew.

Most are actually waiting for the banks to 'lend' again!!!!!

I suspect that the banks will actually start to lose patience with property bad debt soon and a trickle could soon become a flood. The bottom end of the market where I am is being hammered down surprisingly quickly - this will spread and averages will be dragged down as these are mostly the few houses that are selling. This has been acknowledged by EAs in recent press reports and due to be confirmed (I anticipate) in UUJ 2nd quarter report - prob end Aug release - and, I suspect, next weeks RICS report.

Still a lot of intransigent sellers out there. The lack of movement in IRs has enabled people to tread water. Inflation is starting to push every day prices up therefore squeezing affordability.

Every month I hope for an IR rise to focus peoples minds but with the BoE remaining vigilant rather than active I fear capitulation may come for many without warning. :rolleyes:

Still a lot of intransigent sellers out there. The lack of movement in IRs has enabled people to tread water. Inflation is starting to push every day prices up therefore squeezing affordability.

Every month I hope for an IR rise to focus peoples minds but with the BoE remaining vigilant rather than active I fear capitulation may come for many without warning. :rolleyes:

IR rises are inevitible, though may be some months off. Inflation hurts everyone (and impacts on sentiment), not just mortgage debtors, and also devalues their 'investment'. Not all mortgage debtors are living on the edge either, so any savings they have are also being devalued. It's worse if they have children. Also many mortgages do not reflect the 0.5% base rate in any event so its effect may be overstated - except for trackers which may be reducing in number.

I'm coming to the view that (the current high rate of) inflation is even more caustic to mortgage debtors than potential minimal IR rises, though perhaps less 'visible' ie more insidious and harder to quantify as it comes from all directions - however I don't think they (mortgage debtors) see it like this : an interest rate rise is very tangible, easy to understand and visible on a monthly basis or when looking to take on debt . Both IR rises and inflation destroy disposable income. You can choose to overstretch on a large mortgage - you can't choose not to eat.

If/when IRs rise to curb inflation by piddly quarter point increases and doesn't work - then there'll be fireworks. Failing that, the longer inflation rises at the rate it is doing, the more the pips will squeak and the more confidence will be lost.

Oh, and yes there are still a lot if intransigent (and ignorant) sellers out there. There always will be. But they will get fewer.

Edited by Shotoflight

376 is my guess.

Bit worried that with propertynews changing its website they might be problems with collecting data from the site. Find that propertybee not working at the moment but new site has only gone live this weekend - i think. Find searches don't work as well. Use to use keywords "an offer of" to find repossessions but this does seem to work.

376 is my guess.

Bit worried that with propertynews changing its website they might be problems with collecting data from the site. Find that propertybee not working at the moment but new site has only gone live this weekend - i think. Find searches don't work as well. Use to use keywords "an offer of" to find repossessions but this does seem to work.

The bee is kaput for me also, even after following the instructions from the main forum. It did work for a day or two but now gone. :(

I would imagine that propertynews would do its best to be unavailable for property bee. Did you try the updated version that is mentioned today??

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165548&view=findpost&p=3049861

Yip, have tried that. May be my 5 yr laptop which is misbehaving in other directions. Will give it a day or 2 before getting excited. Thanks.

Agree with preference for 'old' version.

Don't worry Irish house hunter scrapes propertypal now since propertynews stopped them from doing it so it won't make any difference.

Personally I don't like the new propertynews site I find it clunky and prefer the old one.

You right Doccboy my brain just getting confused.

I would imagine that propertynews would do its best to be unavailable for property bee. Did you try the updated version that is mentioned today??

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=165548&view=findpost&p=3049861

Ah.... I have been posting in a few places trying to find a work around for the latest changes... this one doesn;t work for me either :(

This is a thread on the main board about a property bee substitute for Chrome

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=148806

I have had a broken Bee since the relaunch of Property News: both new new, and new original. Chrome only seems to relate to Rightmove, from my limited trials. I think the solution (if there is one), is for some very generous tecchie, perhaps even through an appeal on the main forum, to engage in some problem solving - either Firefox or Chrome related.

Not very rewarding work I know, but they would have my thanks and, I am sure, that of others on the NI Forum. Transparency is hard enough to come by here in respect of house pricing, and it would be a shame to lose this beneficial service.

SAVE THE BEE!!!!!!!!!

I have had a broken Bee since the relaunch of Property News: both new new, and new original. Chrome only seems to relate to Rightmove, from my limited trials. I think the solution (if there is one), is for some very generous tecchie, perhaps even through an appeal on the main forum, to engage in some problem solving - either Firefox or Chrome related.

Not very rewarding work I know, but they would have my thanks and, I am sure, that of others on the NI Forum. Transparency is hard enough to come by here in respect of house pricing, and it would be a shame to lose this beneficial service.

SAVE THE BEE!!!!!!!!!

It really is amazing how much you miss it once it has gone!

I'd happily toss a tenner into a pot for someone who was willing to make it work... im sure there are hundreds on here who would do likewise!