House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

getdoon your girlfriend sounds like a lucky girl - does she realise how expensive BT9 houses are? How about a nice wee apartment on the Malone Road somewhere?? Surely they're bound to drop in price with the 100's of apartments being built around Belfast recently?

well an apartment would make sense if i buy in the short term (next 18 months) . if the market falls a lot after I buy then happy days as its less money to upgrade to that BT9 house ;-)

well done subby 903 some guesstimate

Edited by getdoon
i'm making a guess for this weeks total.

i reckon that this week sellers are going to slash prices.

hope so think the 1000 barrier can be nicely smashed. will keep my prediction till friday tho as a lot of bear food can be stockpiled in a week

I'm going for 2,000 this week again. My asking price has been dropped again this week and I think the EA's themselves know they need to clear out the dead (i.e. overpriced) stock before FTB's will consider buying in larger numbers again!

I'm going for 2,000 this week again. My asking price has been dropped again this week and I think the EA's themselves know they need to clear out the dead (i.e. overpriced) stock before FTB's will consider buying in larger numbers again!

your goin for 2000 every week! u sure ur not on those green pills?! cant wait to your right

hey Getdoon.

this website - trees... records both increases and decreases - i.e. changes.

the spring bounce could cause a wild upswing in prices as those savvy investors choose at what price they realise their paper-gains.

Also - there is talk of every buyer of property being given money by the government to make up for the difference between what prices sell for and how much people pay for them.

your goin for 2000 every week! u sure ur not on those green pills?! cant wait to your right

Well if there are 27,000 overpriced houses for sale, 2,000 dropping in one week seems reasonable-after all that's only around 7% of the inventory! Especially with more 'realistic' sellars like me dropping 27% off the asking prices and willing to listen to offers!

You are quite right, with every sensational press release a reation follows on in the market.

It's about time EA's told their clients, either prepare to negotiate a selling price or you're off the market because those who are desperately trying to sell are more likely to negociate on price with FTB's. The other properties are just fudging the issue.

Aww man look at it's wee face - how could you ever knock that down for development? I ask you?

This place has character - It almost looks art deco to me!

12014420.jpg

Hope you've managed to pick yourself off the floor SS?

Yes Boshdadosh - you kinda expect the little blighter to start moving horizontally from left to right don't you?

Ha! didn't see this 'til you posted a link on Maxdiver's g'bye thread. Space invader house - deadly...

Could we get above 1000 this week? This is my 1000th post (Veteran - nice!)

Winners so far:

Subby 8th March

Vespasian 15th March

Prophet-profit 23 March

Doccyboy 30th March

Subby 5th April

Sogy 12th April

Traktion 19th April

Subby 26th April

Not only could you join the hall of fame, but pick up this weeks fantasy property from the delights of the EXTREMELY GOOD VALUE Northern Ireland property market. As you know, PROPERTY PRICES ONLY EVER GO UP so next week your fantasy property could be worth more fantasy cash

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...mp;p=LFNLFC0486

36 The Linenhouse Penthouse, The Mill Village, Comber, Down, BT23

**ONE MILLION POUNDS**

18361305.jpg

18361308.jpg

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Hype

Apartment

Bedrooms

Reception

Offer Status

For Sale

Estate Agent

Lindsay Fyfe and Company

Price

£ 1,000,000

EUR 1,263,353*

US$ 1,967,887

This Property forms part of a development. Please click here to visit the page for the development

Features (THERE IS NO HOUSE PRICE CRASH)

Description

Elegant, stylish, sophisticated and desirable – this truly breathtaking (THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH)penthouse apartment, in the multi million pound award winning Mill Village development oozes luxurious living coupled with unique architectural design enhancing upon the original heritage.

Mature landscaped grounds present the original mill stream as it meanders through attractive communal piazza areas toward the ambience and tranquillity of the private lake with its spectacular fountain and local wildlife.

The Mill Village provides a residents only luxury leisure complex incorporating spa pool, sauna and gymnasium.

(THERE IS NO HOUSE PRICE CRASH)

The Linen Penthouse is situated at the pinnacle of "The Linen House" in the Mill Village development. This fully gated development also features 24 48 hour security, concierge, cctv, armed guards, rottweilers and electronic entrance gates.

Therefore as you will see no compromise has been made in outstanding turkey specification in our pursuit to(THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH) provide the ultimate in luxury, privacy and security.

The Linen Penthouse benefits from a spacious entrance hall, guest cloakroom, spectacular open plan lounge including a 50" plasma screen with home cinema. The state of the artnik Nolte kitchen includes integrated Miele appliances.

The spectacular open(THERE IS NO HOUSE PRICE CRASH) plan lounge opens onto a substantial balcony from which stunning views over Strangford Lough, Scrabo Tower and the surrounding County Down countryside can be enjoyed.

A study built in(ni)ck Nolte furniture creates the perfect home office.

The sizeable master bedroom boasts a luxurious ensuite, including a walk-in shower and Vile-roy & Boch whisper jet fighter/bomber bath, a kingsize bedpan, Wan-kenhut bedroom furniture and LCD screen and VCR.

The impressive guest bedroom includes a double bedpan, integrated Wan-kenhut wardrobes(THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH) and generous ensuite.

The Linen Penthouse enjoys a separate utility area with excellent storage and separate Miele washing machine and tumble dryer.

kenny_craig_02.jpg

Look into my eyes, there is no House Price Crash

Edited by Vespasian
Ha! didn't see this 'til you posted a link on Maxdiver's g'bye thread. Space invader house - deadly...

Oh you missed out on the hilarity of last week then. Click here to check from post #149 onwards

That's the gold right there alright - oh yes indeed. Careful though it comes with a serious health warning. You could have sore sides from laughing so much with the various comments.

Edited by paul65

Given the number of property fire sales at present and the general economic outlook for NI in general in 2008 and into 2009 I am going to plump for the rather apt 999

Oh you missed out on the hilarity of last week then. Click here to check from post #149 onwards

That's the gold right there alright - oh yes indeed. Careful though it comes with a serious health warning. You could have sore sides from laughing so much with the various comments.

Oh I read it yesterday, wild entertaining. Particularly liked WOW's response to labrador's complaint (and no offence labrador, it's just the reply that was funny):

QUOTE (labrador @ Apr 24 2008, 11:17 PM) *

has anyone noticed that when someone posts something suggesting the market is picking up or something is posted which is good about the property market it gets totally ignored...

WOW: You may be right. And your guess for the sweepstake?

..reminded me of Holy Mary in Phoenix nights as the fortune teller:

HM: 2 questions for £1 love

cust: £1 for 2 questions! That's a bit steep isn't it?

HM: It is love. And your second queston?

Something to that effect anyway. Tres drole...

wahay

after ages lurking you've finally posted littlemiss.. :)

welcome to the forum and be careful to keep an eye on Subby and his extensive range of gifs!

as for TTDGTTS, subby should be banned from taking part for a week, my take is 1066 (battle of Hastings and all that)

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...mp;p=LFNLFC0486

36 The Linenhouse Penthouse, The Mill Village, Comber, Down, BT23

**ONE MILLION POUNDS**

18361305.jpg

18361308.jpg

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Description

Elegant, stylish, sophisticated and desirable this truly breathtaking (THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH)penthouse apartment, in the multi million pound award winning Mill Village development oozes luxurious living coupled with unique architectural design enhancing upon the original heritage.

Mature landscaped grounds present the original mill stream as it meanders through attractive communal piazza areas toward the ambience and tranquillity of the private lake with its spectacular fountain and local wildlife.

The Mill Village provides a residents only luxury leisure complex incorporating spa pool, sauna and gymnasium.

(THERE IS NO HOUSE PRICE CRASH)

The Linen Penthouse is situated at the pinnacle of "The Linen House" in the Mill Village development. This fully gated development also features 24 48 hour security, concierge, cctv, armed guards, rottweilers and electronic entrance gates.

Therefore as you will see no compromise has been made in outstanding turkey specification in our pursuit to(THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH) provide the ultimate in luxury, privacy and security.

The Linen Penthouse benefits from a spacious entrance hall, guest cloakroom, spectacular open plan lounge including a 50" plasma screen with home cinema. The state of the artnik Nolte kitchen includes integrated Miele appliances.

The spectacular open(THERE IS NO HOUSE PRICE CRASH) plan lounge opens onto a substantial balcony from which stunning views over Strangford Lough, Scrabo Tower and the surrounding County Down countryside can be enjoyed.

A study built in(ni)ck Nolte furniture creates the perfect home office.

The sizeable master bedroom boasts a luxurious ensuite, including a walk-in shower and Vileroy & Boch whisper jet fighter/bomber bath, a kingsize bedpan, Wan-kenhut bedroom furniture and LCD screen and VCR.

The impressive guest bedroom includes a double bedpan, integrated Wan-kenhut wardrobes(THERE IS NO CREDIT CRUNCH) and generous ensuite.

I look forward to these winning properties every week now from you Vespasian and for the little "extra gems" of sales speak that you add to convince us that we should pull out all the stops and try our best to win the prize.

I particularly liked the reference to the Wan-kenhut Wardrobes - They must be quite large units then??? :P