House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

labrador I do agree we should be less critical of peoples +ve housing comments. at the end of the day everyone here needs to become positive at some point or you risk never buying (assuming you wish to buy)

labrador can you detail the extent of your 2 bargains? who were the sellers? what did you buy? reduction from peak? type/location of property?

I agree what is coming up at wilson auctions for instance seems to be markedly below what asking prices in the propertynews marketplace are asking.

ps if u or anyone else come across any BT9 bargainsI would appreciate it. my fashionista burd will not live anywhere else. there could be two welcome matts in it for you for your two new hooses ;)

another thread is needed for them questions, this is the sweepstake thread ;)

Edited by subby
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That place in Larne made it hard to sleep last night as my lungs were sore from laughing.

I can't understand what it is supposed to be - is it a big tube - is it a house - why is planning permission needed?

wtf???

as for the sweekstake - i'm going for 720.

That place in Larne made it hard to sleep last night as my lungs were sore from laughing.

I can't understand what it is supposed to be - is it a big tube - is it a house - why is planning permission needed?

wtf???

Sorry maxdiver - given that you rely on those lungs of yours for the day job it was perhaps foolish of me to post those images without the obligatory health warning to advise you of all people to stay clear.

Last night's postings were easily the best craic I've had on NI HPC since joining in Dec '07.

Hopefully all the giggling will help Vespasian recover from the Lurgy all the faster now and he'll be back fully charged next week with another sweepstake property prize to top this weeks one.

BTW - I'd love to ring the EA up and see if it would be possible to have a view of the property and explain that I'd be looking to live in it rather than knock it down for redevelopment. I don't know who might crack up first with a fit of the giggles! Anyone else up for that?

git :D

Sorry Subby - I couldn't resist. Hope you'll forgive me? I hope you also realise that maxdiver extracted the urine too - yet how come you didn't call him a git too? Hmm?

I'm phoning them this afternoon - i want to know what it is - what is it?

i reckon that if Selafield goes pop - this is a great place to live.

plenty of storage for tinned goods.

Well do let us know how you get on and please tell us if you are able to have the conversation without getting a fit of the giggles. I'll be well impressed if you're able to keep a straight face.

You're def. right about Sellafield tho'. :lol:

wtf???

This made me smile while I am waiting for lunch at work. It looks like a big metal tube with a wall on the front... kind've like an old school shelter I thought.

As for the sweepstakes. I have never done this before but I am just going to give a variation on paul's guess.... of 1005. Because 1000 seems very high and 5 is my favourite number.

getdoon your girlfriend sounds like a lucky girl - does she realise how expensive BT9 houses are? How about a nice wee apartment on the Malone Road somewhere?? Surely they're bound to drop in price with the 100's of apartments being built around Belfast recently?

i'm guessing 2,000+ for the sweepstake!

I'll go for 1500!

Seeing that Nissan hut with wall in Larne made me think that that they are getting it all wrong with the Maze site!

It used to have a whole load of these, just think what one could do, build a couple of walls in front of them and sell them off and the local assembly will have enough to build a stadium the size of the nou Camp! with change left over to buy all the MLAs a executive apartment sin Belfast (as I don't know who else wants and can afford most of them!) :lol:

Well do let us know how you get on and please tell us if you are able to have the conversation without getting a fit of the giggles. I'll be well impressed if you're able to keep a straight face.

You're def. right about Sellafield tho'. :lol:

:lol::lol: If you or max does do this, remember to take some footage on your mobile phone. I'd love to see the place and hear the conversation about it! :lol:

1500/2000 - u boys on the happy pills?! im going for 830 ?(below the current 1000 average) based on VI spin that the gov'ts £50 billion has stopped falling prices :lol:

I'm an OO trying to sell so I couldn't afford happy pills! Maybe I could MEW and buy some though...oh wait, how much for that arrangement fee :o What do you mean a higher rate than I secured earlier in the year despite the BOE interest rate cuts :o Oh shite, maybe BB was right all along... :blink:

Ah but the economy is still growing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7366534.stm

And Stormont has been so effective bringing in new investments! What do you mean global recession:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...9/bcnimf109.xml

:rolleyes:

Interesting times ahead but the price of food, oil, etc. puts house prices into perspective somewhat??? I think the global financial system needs over hauled and quick or these commidity speculators will force the average Joe into poverty and those in poverty...all I can see is God help them!

Edited by championmongo1

DO i detect some cynicism?

First of all the IMF - is run by anti-NI gangsters.

Secondly, Northern Ireland has the ability to print as much money as it needs with the Quad-currency system - and we can do this backed by future higher property prices.

This HDGONTs thhings or whatever is interesting - because all the reductions in prices just build up momentum that will burst forth in the (Spring) Indian Summer property spurt.

1500/2000 - u boys on the happy pills?! im going for 830 ?(below the current 1000 average) based on VI spin that the gov'ts £50 billion has stopped falling prices

Sorry, I thought as it was involving houses that it was bound to go up! :rolleyes:

Talking of the economy still growing dosen't appear to be the building trade thats seeing it!

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/Builders-...-the.4010361.jp

With more builders out of work - the number of viewings of houses will increase.

this will lead to more sales, as viewingsx5 = sales.

luckily mortgages can still be secured based on the income MEWing in 2 years time.

have you been to the pub on your lunch break again Max ?? ;)