House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

210 please - haven't been playing this last number of week's - it's time I re-engaged!

Good job you re-engaged Lagansider. Looks like you take the prize this week.

Results are up:

http://www.irishhousehunter.com/reports/report.php?site=propertynewsni&date=2009-11-30

Total Number of Changes - 190

Increases - 7

Decreases - 183

Total Price Change -4,201,164

Price Weighted Average Change -10.6%

peoples take on the decline in drops lately ?

people are too busy concentrating on the approach to christmas; shopping for gifts and food, getting the tree and decorations up, doing house repairs for visiting relatives, making visits to other relatives, packing for a short break eleswhere etc....

i predict drops will remain relatively subdued until after the new year, when typically people take a holistic assessment of their existence and set their aims for the coming year; many will drop their price to expedite a sale then

peoples take on the decline in drops lately ?

I think that the following is leading to a belief that the bust is over:

More sale agreed/ sold signs around (so movement in market?), bull friendly news in the local press, estate agents possibly not putting pressure on vendors to drop (speculation on my part), feeling that the recession has been alright and it's nearly over......

good few rentals included skewing the figures

Yes, plus i noticed there are a few houses dropped on propertypal this week that were dropped on propertynews a few weeks previously. Seems it can take Ppal a while to get caught up with PN in some cases.

As for drop in number of price drops, if you look at the chart and look at the number of drops this time last year, we were down to 250 drops in a week where the norm was 7-800 per week during November, so seems to be in keeping with this time last year. Hopefully in the new year we'll see an increase in drops again. Hopefully....

Yes, plus i noticed there are a few houses dropped on propertypal this week that were dropped on propertynews a few weeks previously. Seems it can take Ppal a while to get caught up with PN in some cases.

As for drop in number of price drops, if you look at the chart and look at the number of drops this time last year, we were down to 250 drops in a week where the norm was 7-800 per week during November, so seems to be in keeping with this time last year. Hopefully in the new year we'll see an increase in drops again. Hopefully....

Propertypal do not update the information. The EA logs in and updates it's own information, it works the same as property news, when any info is updated it happens immediately. If the info ain't right its a slow/lazy agent not propertypal or propertynews.

Propertypal do not update the information. The EA logs in and updates it's own information, it works the same as property news, when any info is updated it happens immediately. If the info ain't right its a slow/lazy agent not propertypal or propertynews.

Ah right. Thanks for the info SS. Suppose it makes sense.

Edited by Ricky_FTB