House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

Traktion is the winner this week. The actual figure was 997. Good guessing Traktion.

Geez, we're all getting quite handy at this little sweepstake now aren't we.

Full report is here: http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/Prope...NI/19.04.08.php

Lettings report is here:

http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/Prope...gs/19.04.08.php

What a great week for newbies to start tuning into the TDGTTS reports following the Irish News coverage.

Woohoo! :D

I'd just like to thank my family, the supporting girlfriend, members of this forum... :lol: Don't worry, I won't start blubbing! ;)

P.S. If you do a text search for down, there are an awful lot of reductions in Bangor. I wonder if those holiday home prices are starting to crumble?

Edited by Traktion
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All these price reductions are encouraging.

I'm just a bit suspicious that a lot of them are being priced lower to attract interest (especially the entry level ones at 90k etc)...then if someone comes along and offers the asking price, that they're turned down. ie. they wanna start a bidding war...

PS - I've never bought a house before so maybe there are laws etc that prevent what I am suggesting.

I really can't see bidding wars starting Spring, during the boom certainly but I don't see it happening at this point in time

Not only could you join the hall of fame, but pick up this weeks fantasy property from the delights of the EXTREMELY GOOD VALUE Northern Ireland property market. As you know, PROPERTY PRICES ONLY EVER GO UP so next week your fantasy property could be worth more fantasy cash

268 Doagh Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6BB

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...amp;p=PNC220961

12106350.jpg

Type

Detached Bungalow

Bedrooms

Reception

Offer Status

For Sale For Ever

Estate Agent

RE/MAX Property Sales

Offers Around

£ 1,200,000 (Yes, thats 7.5 times rateable value, you HPC bastards)

Hi Vespasian,

Last week in the TDGTTS sweepstake you simply spoiled us with the magnificent prize. However I feel that I have out trumped you with a magnificent one off property as this weeks TDGTTS sweepstake winning prize.

The property in question is based in lovely Larne. Words fail me ...... Can any creative geniuses out there help market this most unique and appealing of period properties? (Sits back and waits - This will be fun :lol: )

100 Drumahoe Road , Larne, BT40 2PG

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...;p=MCGNMCGN2813

12014417.jpg

As my old man used to say to me, Paul "You can't polish a turd!"

Edit: for grammar and better reading

Edited by paul65

I dunno Nigel Worthington is doin just that!! (I am Scottish just a bit of banter before the August showdown)

all i can say to that property is

WTF?

sweepstake - 830 - £13.5 mill reduction

Edited by getdoon
Hi Vespasian,

Last week in the TDGTTS sweepstake you simply spoiled us with the magnificent prize. However I feel that I have out trumped you with a magnificent one off property offering as this weeks TDGTTS sweepstake winning prize.

The property in question is based in lovely Larne. Words fail me ...... Can any creative geniuses out there help market this most unique and appealing of period properties? (Sits back and waits - This will be fun :lol: )

12014417.jpg

ROFLMAO!

I laugh that much I was grying.

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by statinstoinker
Hi Vespasian,

Last week in the TDGTTS sweepstake you simply spoiled us with the magnificent prize. However I feel that I have out trumped you with a magnificent one off property offering as this weeks TDGTTS sweepstake winning prize.

12014417.jpg

Is it just me but looking straight on at this masterpiece, It is shaped like one of the aliens in space invaders :blink:

ROFLMAO!

I laugh that much I was grying.

:lol::lol::lol:

Aww man look at it's wee face - how could you ever knock that down for development? I ask you?

This place has character - It almost looks art deco to me!

12014420.jpg

Hope you've managed to pick yourself off the floor SS?

Yes Boshdadosh - you kinda expect the little blighter to start moving horizontally from left to right don't you?

Edited by paul65

I dunno Nigel Worthington is doin just that!! (I am Scottish just a bit of banter before the August showdown)

Steady getdoon - at least with your boys not making it to the Euros this summer there'll be no more chanting of your lot being home before the postcards - like they normally are ! :lol:

I had a moment of clarity earlier when I put 2+2 together, your username and a sneaky subtle mention in an earlier post about the price of Irn Bru that gave away your nationality. Question is how are you going to manage to get deep fried Mars Bars involved in the HPC discussion? I'll be looking out for that one in your future posts! :lol:

Aww man look at it's wee face - how could you ever knock that down for development? I ask you!

This place has character - It almost looks art deco to me!

12014420.jpg

Hope you've managed to pick yourself off the floor SS?

Yes Boshdadosh - you kinda expect the little blighter to start moving horizontally from left to right don't you?

What could it possibly be like on the inside? I don't like the look of that half open door.

i am not into guessing games i would rather wait and see.. i have bought 2 properties lately and have bagged 2 bargains.. its all about wanting it and going and getting it... lot more sale agreed and sold signs up around me... prices were dropped by 30 - 40,000 and they are selling.. things are definetley moving.. apparently a lot more viewings taking place in my area and offers going in...

friedmars.jpg

Steady getdoon - at least with your boys not making it to the Euros this summer there'll be no more chanting of your lot being home before the postcards - like they normally are ! :lol:

aye lots of postcards sent between 1974 and 1998 when we made those 6 world cups out of 7 ;-) all be it we never had any glory like u boys in 1982....

post-13496-1209076655_thumb.jpg

i am not into guessing games i would rather wait and see.. i have bought 2 properties lately and have bagged 2 bargains.. its all about wanting it and going and getting it... lot more sale agreed and sold signs up around me... prices were dropped by 30 - 40,000 and they are selling.. things are definetley moving.. apparently a lot more viewings taking place in my area and offers going in...

Great stuff Labrador but this is a thread where you to take part in a sweepstake on the number of propertynews asking price drops in one week. Don't guess, simply put your offer in and wait to see if you have it accepted. How much do you want it??? Hmmm?

This is the prize :rolleyes:http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...;p=MCGNMCGN2813

Its a bit of fun come on!

Edited by paul65

labrador I do agree we should be less critical of peoples +ve housing comments. at the end of the day everyone here needs to become positive at some point or you risk never buying (assuming you wish to buy)

labrador can you detail the extent of your 2 bargains? who were the sellers? what did you buy? reduction from peak? type/location of property?

I agree what is coming up at wilson auctions for instance seems to be markedly below what asking prices in the propertynews marketplace are asking.

ps if u or anyone else come across any BT9 bargainsI would appreciate it. my fashionista burd will not live anywhere else. there could be two welcome matts in it for you for your two new hooses ;)