House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

because I reckon the agents are stupidly not lowering the price on propertynews to prop this market up. They then tell the FTB that if they put in an offer lower than the brochure price they will probably get the house. So it seems like a bargain. I think they have a very skewed philosophy just now

Agree completely with you doccyboy on the skewed philosophy - These EA's are preparing themselves for when they will be working in DFS selling sofas at supposedly knock down prices. I'd say the sales of tippex in NI is going through the roof at present!

That all said I am going in slightly higher than you at 596 however. This is the first time I'll have taken a punt on the TDGTTS sweepstake and as the National Lottery says "you've got to be in it to win it". I'm getting all excited already!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Property Bee shows me there hasn't been many changes in price or status of the area I keep an eye on. Lots of places just sitting for sale with their prices too high to afford.

I'm going in with an almost bullish 350 :ph34r:

I can't see this lasting though; it's not about who will blink first - there mortgages just aren't out there.

I think estate agents would be more worried about getting the volume of sales rather than keeping the price up!

The estate agents valued these houses at say 200k 3 months ago, and got most sellers to take 15- 20k off prices, but imagine having to go back again and say

sorry your house is now worth 170k! Most people couldnt stomach that or come to terms with that at present! Your estate agent suddenly looks like he hasnt a clue! They valued it so why cant they sell it at what they said it was worth?

People dont take the advise and then go to a different estate agent.

Ive viewed a few houses were owner has said they have had loads of viewers since they changed to the new estate agent, and how crap the old one was!

But the new esate agent has probably phoned everyone in his list of potential buyers and told them its a bargin, then they all go to view it so owner thinks new estate agent is great for the first 2 weeks anyway and then viewing dry up again, because its still priced far to high!

Alot of amateur estate agents about who made easy money for nothing much over the past couple of years!

I mean they give you leaflets and say dont worry about the price owner will accept lower! So why not get a new price on and reprint the leaflets, everyone has their price bracket and if property is priced higher than this then people wont even bother looking!

Also Try viewing a development or empty house after 5 during the week ! Sorry we dont work after 5! Any esate agent worth their salt will arrange viewing to suite the potential buyer not themselves! Career in DFS is definatly more suited to them! 2k for selling a house for sitting on their back side printing a leaflet!

God help anyone who has bought an apartment, the supply of these is massive and incresing by the month! Im sure are population is increasing but i dont know to many Polish workers who can afford 100k for a property never mind 200k! Some crazy poltician now wants every new development to have affordable/social hosuing. So does this mean if you have a fancy development with 400k houses that you will have to have an apartment block stuck in the middle of it! Which will still be overpirced and unaffordable unless you use co-ownership! Which woops ran out of money!

Estate agents have pretty much been getting people to drop prices 10-20k over the past month so I think they will take stock, hope for the easter bounce (which what they have told all their clients to wait for) so not to many decreses next few weeks! 550

Edited by trebor21

Subby - you are far too good at this game - this is your second win, right? - and I'm really now starting to wonder if you are an EA in disguise. You have the haircut and suit after all for the image (sorry I couldn't resist bringing that up again) :lol:

Edited by paul65

Wow! Drops back with a vengance! Banbridge seems to have loads of drops. Looks like the 'Mourne' region (which I keep an eye on) only has a few this week, but that hasn't stopped loads of others dropping.

It looks like there is no sign of the number of drops slowing down then.

Ello people - this is my first posting - wehay!

I have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while as well as "propertynews" and "treesdontgrowtothesky". So my guess for this week - based on recent trends and the news article on the BBC website today that says house prices went down 2.5% - is a nice round figure of 1000.

Hope you guys are having a good day.

Edited by southantrim3
Ello people - this is my first posting - wehay!

I have been keeping an eye on this forum for a while as well as "propertynews" and "treesdontgrowtothesky". So my guess for this week - based on recent trends and the news article on the BBC website today that says house prices went down 2.5% - is a nice round figure of 1000.

Hope you guys are having a good day.

oooh 5 mins from me then....was Whiteabbey based now in Carnmoney Village ;)

Looks like everyone is getting their numbers in early this week

Winners so far:

Subby 8th March

Vespasian 15th March

Prophet-profit 23 March

Doccyboy 30th March

Subby 5th April

Not only could you join the hall of fame, but pick up this weeks fantasy property from the delights of the EXTREMELY GOOD VALUE Northern Ireland property market. As you know, PROPERTY PRICES ONLY EVER GO UP so next week your fantasy property could be worth more fantasy cash

47 High Street, Ballymoney, Co Antrim, BTxx xxx

16698539.jpg

Type Land

Bedrooms ........erm

Reception .......hmmm

Offer Status

For Sale

Estate Agent

McAfee Ballymoney

Offers Over £20,000

EUR 24,961*

US$ 39,474

Features

Description

This lock up garage is conveniently situated on High Street in Ballymoney within a short walk of the town centre and all local amenities. There may be some development potential (subject to planning permission) and the property is also suitably situated to Ballymoney Borough Council Offices.

ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES

Large double-fronted oak doors leading to a large RECEPTION HALL with grand chandelier, also containing a sweeping FEATURE MARBLE STAIRCASE. Leading on to a GRAND BALLROOM with adjoining DINING HALL containing many suits of armour, medieval tapestries etc.

LARGE SMOKING LOUNGE with feature oak panelling,

RECEPTION LOUNGE (ideal for afternoon tea)

KITCHEN AREAS, featuring walk in larder, Large oven fit to take a whole hog

EIGHT BEDROOMS including 3 with four poster beds

SERVANTS QUARTERS

PRIVATE GARDENS (3 acres)

TENNIS COURTS, SWIMMING POOL, GROUSE MOOR

ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES

Large double-fronted oak doors leading to a large RECEPTION HALL with grand chandelier, also containing a sweeping FEATURE MARBLE STAIRCASE. Leading on to a GRAND BALLROOM with adjoining DINING HALL containing many suits of armour, medieval tapestries etc.

LARGE SMOKING LOUNGE with feature oak panelling,

RECEPTION LOUNGE (ideal for afternoon tea)

KITCHEN AREAS, featuring walk in larder, Large oven fit to take a whole hog

EIGHT BEDROOMS including 3 with four poster beds

SERVANTS QUARTERS

PRIVATE GARDENS (3 acres)

TENNIS COURTS, SWIMMING POOL, GROUSE MOOR

:lol: :lol: :lol: