House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

Hmm, lets see...I could buy that for £1144 a month (100% repayment over 25 years @ 7%)

OR

I could rent an identical house, in the same street, for £475 a month:

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...amp;p=PNC195863

Difficult choice isn't it ;)

With figures like that, it beggars belief that anyone would buy now. Sellers must recognise this...are are they just living in a fantasy land? When are they going to wake up and realise that that the gains have already gone...they've vanished. If they haven't sold now its too late. All that lovely equity they thought they had ain't there anymore. The market is in free fall whether they like it or not.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The drops were still big, with some £6 mill coming off, so I doubt it's anything other than a quiet weekend. Those who did think about dropping their price, didn't hold back! ;)

Yeah if was a change in trend rather than the 12th, it would not have dropped by 50%. It would go down slowly. Not even NI house prices drop 50% in a week.

Winners so far:

Subby 8th March

Vespasian 15th March

Prophet-profit 23 March

Doccyboy 30th March

Subby 5th April

Sogy 12th April

Traktion 19th April

Subby 26th April

Beta Version Squeak 3rd May

Sophia 10th May

Prophet-profit 17th May

Traktion 24th May

wayoutwest 31st May

Blofield 7th June

Doccyboy 14th June

Subby 21st June

Doccyboy 28th June

Paul65 5th JUly

Subby (again!) 12 July

Wayoutwest 19 July

Hmmm... I'll go for 475

I am testing a new number selection tool this week known as The Wisdom of Crowds to eliminate my individual bias in my number selection/guesswork, so this week I will be going for 655.875 otherwise rounded up to 656. Thanks to the earlier 8 "guessers" who helped me calculate this value.

In any event it will be an interesting experiment and we'll see if it works come Sunday afternoon.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by paul65
I am testing a new number selection tool this week known as The Wisdom of Crowds to eliminate my individual bias in my number selection/guesswork, so this week I will be going for 655.875 otherwise rounded up to 656. Thanks to the earlier 8 "guessers" who helped me calculate this value.

In any event it will be an interesting experiment and we'll see if it works come Sunday afternoon.

Have a good weekend everyone.

The results are just in: http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/prope...ni/02.08.08.php

My little experiment didn't work - boo hoo. The total was 609 .... so congratulations dieselfreak you were only 11 off with your guess of 598. Well done!