House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moving house this week and will lose the internet for a while. The one at work doesn't let me on to the forums on the site :( . If someone feels up to running the sweepstake for a week or so - go right ahead

go to this website

http://www.youhide.com/

put in the forum URL and you'll get on no problem, circumnavigates firewalls ;)

Moving house this week and will lose the internet for a while. The one at work doesn't let me on to the forums on the site :( . If someone feels up to running the sweepstake for a week or so - go right ahead

With Vespasian's self imposed web exile from NI HPC this weekend due to his house move I propose a dual prize this week for the TDGTTS Sweepstake. A plot of land and a build it yourself house....

So here are the prizes. First the plot of land

Station Road, Ballycastle, Co Antrim, BT54 6AE

18397914.jpg

Type Site (for sore eyes I assume)

Bedrooms 0

Reception 0

Offer Status For Sale

Estate Agent PJ McIlroy & Son

Offers Around POA

FOR SALE ON THE INSTRUCTIONS OF MOYLE DISTRICT COUNCIL TOWN CENTRE REDEVELOPMENT SITE FRONTING STATION ROAD

** Located within the commercial development limits of Ballycastle town centre

** Suitable for small retail unit, residential accommodation or small warehouse, subject to the necessary planning approval

** Site size approximately 100 sq metres

** Includes free Humps 40yds sign at no extra cost

And now the do it yourself house (IKEA must be ripping that Argos got to this before them) for that stunning plot of land ....

Helsinki Log Cabin with Deluxe Upgrades

95-7056576MSA69UC479572X.jpg

Details:

* Log Cabin.

* Supplied in kit form containing all the components and instructions required for self assembly.

* Manufactured from Scandinavian whitewood.

* 44mm tongue and groove wall boarding provides additional strength, insulation and resilience to cope with extended year round use.

* Traditional timber tongue and groove ceiling and flooring.

* Wind block system ensures a tight wind-proof seal.

* Felt shingle roof.

* Large cabin with 5 internal rooms.

* Incorporates decked terrace area.

* Separate handy loft area for storage.

* French doors and opening windows supplied with double glazed toughened glass.

* Size approx cabin external (H)358, ridge, (W)979, (D)514cm / (H)11ft 9in, (W)32ft, (D)16ft 10in.

* Size internal (H)328, ridge, (W)953, (D)398cm / (H)10ft 9in, (W)31ft 3in, (D)13ft 1in.

* Requires a quality timber treatment after assembly (treatment not included).

* DELUXE UPGRADE:

* Underfloor Heating Kit.

* To warm cabin interior during colder months - the flat ribbon elements act as primary heat source under laminate flooring.

* Economical and simple to install, (requires qualified electrician to fit dial control thermostat).

* Laminate Flooring to perfectly compliment and finish the cabin interior. Sufficient packs of 3 strip 6mm Canmore Oak with precision installation locking system supplied to install over the underfloor heating.

* Easy to maintain, highly durable and hygienic.

* Guttering Kit to channel rainwater away.

* Supplied with fitting instructions and all fixings (some cutting maybe required) - the brackets are specially designed to fit angled fascia boards of the cabin.

* All items supplied in kit form containing all the components and instructions required for self-assembly.

* Deluxe upgrade items are not sold separately.

* Accessories shown in images are not included.

* Prior to purchase check whether planning permission and building regulations approval maybe required.

* Kerbside delivery only (that's very handy indeed!)

* NOTE:

* Only available to order over the phone, please call 0845 640 2020.

As for my guess this week I'm going for 808 What's yours?

Edited by paul65

Well done WOW. You are this weeks winner of the plot of land and DIY house. The actual no. of drops was 712.

Report is here http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/prope...ni/31.05.08.php

Winners so far:

Subby 8th March

Vespasian 15th March

Prophet-profit 23 March

Doccyboy 30th March

Subby 5th April

Sogy 12th April

Traktion 19th April

Subby 26th April

Beta Version Squeak 3rd May

Sophia 10th May

Prophet-profit 17th May

Traktion 24th May

Way out West 31st May

Hi - look at those price drops in Victoria Square!!

Price drops of between 18% and 20% - between £42,050 to £75,050 off....

Imagine if you'd signed only a few weeks ago for one..

I wonder will we be seeing a big article about these falls in the Belfast Telegraph and on UTV when only a number of week ago there was a UTV Life special from Victoria Sq apartment and BT were espousing the delights of the Victoria Square apartments..?

That's serious drops....can't really blame them though...the flats, I'm not going to use Luxury Apartments as they aren't, the flats were so overpriced anyway it was only a matter of time

Edited by subby

i thought the drops this week were far and away the most encouraging yet.

Not many in BT9 where I monitor but certainly some very interesting stuff in lisburn, victoria residence etc. what about the townhouses in dunmurry for £150k - how many does the developer not have to shift!!

keep saving hard for that vulture fund folks - untill then just enjoy yourselves