House Price Crash Forum

The "irish House Hunter" Report Sweepstake

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very well thank you. getdoon already guessed 830.

This week by scientific deduction I will go for .... 664.

I reckon it will be a high number this week. I look at Property News once per week on a Fri and Property Bee is showing loads of reductions this week in the searches I have been doing.

It's funny, some of the guys on the main forum are getting pi**ed off cos they're only seeing 5k drops in England. I'm seeing drops on Property bee of 10, 20, 30, 35 and sometimes 100k (on 400k properties). Long may it continue!

I'm also seeng a lot of properties where the status is changing from "Sale Agreed" to "For Sale". At the same time as the status is changed, the price is also changing to eg. 30k less. So I reckon people have had an offer accepted on the property 30k less than the asking price, then pulled out. So when the seller puts it back on the market, they may as well reduce the asking price by 30k as that is what they are prepared to sell it for.

Am I the only one who isn't jumping for joy at the last few weeks TDGTTS reports? Things are still so damn overpriced; I guess I'm just impatient.

Heck, two of the cheapest houses £85K and £89K, are still basically double their rateable value.

I am jumping for joy because I have discovered that the list can be sorted by agent. This makes it so much easier to find the elusive Fermanagh listings (basically Turning Point ). £10k off one last week and a further £20k off the same one this week.

Total drop 13.3%.

Sophia wins! beating PP by one.

I suppose the bank holiday monday knocked a few off. Back up nearer 900 next week :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes,I beat PP!!!! I won for the first time!!I think I'm fantastic,my hubby thinks i'm sad!!! :rolleyes:

Sweepstake time again. Could this be a big week with all the bear food, and that end of selling season rush before the market goes quiet for the summer

Winners so far:

Subby 8th March

Vespasian 15th March

Prophet-profit 23 March

Doccyboy 30th March

Subby 5th April

Sogy 12th April

Traktion 19th April

Subby 26th April

Beta Version Squeak 3rd May

Sophia 10th May

Not only could you join the hall of fame, but pick up this weeks fantasy property from the delights of the EXTREMELY GOOD VALUE Northern Ireland property market. As you know, PROPERTY PRICES ONLY EVER GO UP so next week your fantasy property could be worth more fantasy cash

18161854.jpg18161849.jpg

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...mp;p=ASGASG1433

61 Shellbridge Park, COLERAINE, Co. Londonderry, BT52 2HP

Type

Detached, (please note this property is detached)

Bedrooms

Reception

Offer Status

For Sale

Estate Agent

Armstrong Gordon & Co.

Offers Over

£ 110,000

EUR 138,286*

US$ 213,923

Features

* Oil Fired Central Heating (detached)

* PVC Double Glazed detached Windows

* Large Parking Area To Front Suitable For Several detached Cars

* The Property Has Been Modernised Within Recent Years Including Newly Fitted Kitchen & Pine Doors Throughout

* Located Within Close Proximity To Coleraine University & Ring Road.

Description

Attractive unique apartment /bungalow (THIS IS A DETACHED PROPERTY NOT A GARAGE CONVERSION) situated off the main Ring Road having been completely modernised and detached within the last two years to include a newly fitted kitchen and pine doors. Located in a quiet residential area, this property is suitable for an idiot first time buyer or professional mad person.

Comprises

ENTRANCE HALL:

With PVC door with tiled glass and stained floor.

OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/ DINING/ LOUNGE

18' 0" × 10' 0" (5.49m × 3.05m)

KITCHEN AREA

With bowl and a half single drainer stainless steel detached sink unit, range of recently installed high and low level units with tiling between(so they are all detached too), built in stainless steel oven with electric ceramic nob and stainless steel extractor fan with canopy above,detached fridge, drawer bank, saucepan drawers,detached tiled floor.

LOUNGE AREA

With solid wood flooring, T.V. point and view to front, 15 pane glass panel door leading to hallway.

(THIS IS A DETACHED PROPERTY AND ITS BEEN PAINTED YELLOW TO PROVE IT!)

HALLWAY:

With solid wood flooring(instead of liquid or gas?), hotpress housing immersion heater, separate (detached)cupboard plumbed for automatic washing machine and vented for tumble dryer with double detached power socket, separate(detached) storage cupboard with built in shelving and semi-solid wood flooring.

BEDROOM (1):

11' 0" × 10' 0" (3.35m × 3.05m)

With soiled wood flooring and view to rear

BEDROOM (2)

Only joking! but you could build your own detached one if you wanted

BATHROOM:

With shite bathroom suite, electric shower over bath(detacheable), fully tiled over bath, walls part tiled above wash hand basin and w.c., tiled floor.

(THIS IS A DETACHED PROPERTY NOT A GARAGE CONVERSION)

Outside to front there is a large gravel parking area suitable for several cars (one space is allocated for neighbours use) extending to large grassed area which is fully fenced and walled in. Detached storage shed suitable for storing lawnmower and gardening tools. PVC oil tank to rear. Satellite type reciever.

I'm going low this week and as I'm jetting off to Majorca tomorrow on holiday for a week (to get away from the stifling heat here) I'm going for 737 - geddit?. :rolleyes:

Lucky man, although if you owned a house you could have MEW'd and went to Austrailia! ;) MEW'ing it's just free cash isn't it? :blink: Oh SH?T this recession might hurt! :lol:

888 cos it's a nice number :)

LOL @ garage thing though! There is one of those on my property news listing. How embarrassing would it be to live in someone's old garage? I mean, wtf?! :lol:

It's a bit better than the typical slave box though-it would be bright and airy! :lol: