Contract: Contract

Hours: Full Time

Salary: £27466 - £32796 per annum

Enrichment Officer, SOUTHWARK COLLEGE

Industry: Social care - Youth work

Contract: Permanent

Hours: Full Time Salary: £22,887 - £24,714 Incl LW

Director of Social Care and Learning, BRACKNELL FOREST BC

Industry: Government - Local government,Senior executive -Government, Social care - Children's care

Salary: Circa £125,000 pa

Executive Director of Children, Young People and Families, OLDHAM METROPOLITAN BOROUGH COUNCIL

Industry: Senior executive - General,Social care - Children's care, Social care - Youth work

Salary: up to £120k

Chief Executive, ENFIELD HOMES

Industry: Housing - General,Senior executive - General

Contract: Permanent Hours: Full Time

Salary: £115,000 + up to £10,000 PRP pa

Guest happy?
WTF is an Enrichment Officer???

More important who the ****** would want a job in central London for that sort of money?

Guest happy?
Golden Trough Award

Director of Children Schools and Families, LONDON BOROUGH OF CAMDEN

Contract: Permanent Hours: Full Time

Salary: £115,000 + up to £10,000 PRP pa

Dog rather than just publish them here week after week (the point's wearing a little thin and gets no better with repetition) would you consider a direct mailing instead - I'm always interested in IT sector jobs.

These aren't mega money jobs - stop wasting your bitter and twisted time and go after the real golden trough pigs

No, they are not mega-money jobs, but they do put the earners in the top fraction of 1% of all jobs and are paid 4 to 5 times the average wage for jobs that cannot be that difficult, have great pensions, are done inefficiently* at great cost to the tax payer.

*productivity or output in local government is considered to be about half the equivalent in the private sector, sorry for lack of source

These aren't mega money jobs - stop wasting your bitter and twisted time and go after the real golden trough pigs

What world do you actually live in? Whether you think they are "mega money jobs" or not (they are to 99% of us, especially if you consider the lack of hard work involved, along with the uber guaranteed pension), they are still a mega waste of taxpayers money and an insult to the vast majority of us who do worthwhile jobs and work hard.

The descriptions read like a dictionary of favourite neo-left words and phrases. The imbeciles who dream up this crap love their fancy terms e.g. "outreach diversity coordinators" "best practice consultants" "frameworks for knowledge and change" "community partnerships" etc etc. They love making up new combinations of these kind of words, joining them into mindless jobs titles, squandering vast quantities of money, and ensuring extra votes for NuLabour, as those who blag these non-jobs know they're out of the door if anyone else gets in power.

What world do you actually live in? Whether you think they are "mega money jobs" or not (they are to 99% of us, especially if you consider the lack of hard work involved, along with the uber guaranteed pension), they are still a mega waste of taxpayers money and an insult to the vast majority of us who do worthwhile jobs and work hard.

The descriptions read like a dictionary of favourite neo-left words and phrases. The imbeciles who dream up this crap love their fancy terms e.g. "outreach diversity coordinators" "best practice consultants" "frameworks for knowledge and change" "community partnerships" etc etc. They love making up new combinations of these kind of words, joining them into mindless jobs titles, squandering vast quantities of money, and ensuring extra votes for NuLabour, as those who blag these non-jobs know they're out of the door if anyone else gets in power.

Indeed these are the non jobs that our taxes are wasted on.

In a bygone day local authorities frittered a smaller sum of money away on white collar staff with job titles like:

Highways Engineer, Building Surveyor, Trading Standards Officer, Public Health Inspector

At least I had some idea of what they did. 'outreach diversity coordinators' well that speaks for itself :angry:

Edited by Kurt Barlow

Many of these look fine. The heads of social care / schools are pretty full-on jobs - being responsible for the way a local authority cares for the elderly and children isn't a walk in the park. It's also a legal minefield now (remember, we've had some cases about kids and elderly who weren't looked after properly?). Maybe this point will appeal to some of the posters on here: if you fail to get kids/elderly right it will cost the Council ( = taxpayer!) BIG money in the courts (quite apart from the dreadful human aspects - these are people's lives!).

But I agree with Dog (for once) that we do have to fight back on the "diversity" posts. I'm worried about this in my role as an (elected) Councillor for a London borough - this (mostly Central!) Government agenda is taking money (in my view) from more important things to residents. After all, I don't get asked on the doorstep about what the Council is doing on 'diversity issues'!

One criterion for a proper job is that a little child can aspire to do it when grown up.

Examples: train driver, bricklayer, carpenter, nurse, doctor, teacher, pilot, etc ...

When did you last hear a child say, "When I grow up I want to be an outreach diversity coordinator". :lol:

No prizes for guessing who you work for. I only cut and paste salient bits. If you feel uncomfortable with this, it is the jobs themselves that are embarrassing you.

We are steadly becoming one of the most highly taxed nations in the world but the tax is not serving the common. Light weight public servants are enjoying bloated salaries of £120K when in the private sector they would struggle to get £35K. The public services also have the highest rates of early retirement on health grounds, sickness absence and they enjoy the best pensions. This missuse of public funds is making the UK uncompetetive, it is distorting the housing market and it is driving some groups into poverty. Is it right for local councillors to go on fact finding missions around the world whilst old people have to cut back on heating to pay their council taxes?

The services for which we pay so much are dissapearing with alarming speed. Look at the number of services that are now riddled with booby traps, declinging services, stealth charges and stealth privatisation:

Dental treatment, orthondotic treatment for children, hospital car parks, residential parking permits, prescription charges, many types of drugs, public transport costs, parking fines, speed traps, passport charges, planning charges, home care for the elderly, residential care for the elderly, road charging, airport taxes, congestion charging, toll roads, shrinking legal aid, growing class sizes, rising university charges, bin taxes etc etc.

If you then look at what is actually being done with the money, the picture becomes even more disturbing. Many of the jobs that used to be performed by the public services have been delegated to contract staff, private companies, charities and housing associations. The public sector have reinvented themselves as social engineers. They pepper our broadcasting channels with messages, cover the landscape with cameras, build huge data bases of personal information and employ a balooning army of snoopers and inspectors. When they do venture to do something themselves, it is usually a disaster. Look at the PSA, overpayments by the DSS, lack of border controls, countless computer disasters, the Home Office (not fit for purpose) etc. The list is endless

In a world of global competetion we can no longer afford such an expensive and poorly performing public service.

One criterion for a proper job is that a little child can aspire to do it when grown up.

Examples: train driver, bricklayer, carpenter, nurse, doctor, teacher, pilot, etc ...

When did you last hear a child say, "When I grow up I want to be an outreach diversity coordinator". :lol:

What about Estate Agent? ;)

We are steadly becoming one of the most highly taxed nations in the world but the tax is not serving the common ... highest rates of early retirement on health grounds, sickness absence and they enjoy the best pensions. This missuse of public funds is making the UK uncompetetive, it is distorting the housing market and it is driving some groups into poverty ... old people have to cut back on heating to pay their council taxes?

The services for which we pay so much are dissapearing with alarming speed. Look at the number of services that are now riddled with booby traps, declinging services, stealth charges and stealth privatisation: ...

If you then look at what is actually being done with the money, the picture becomes even more disturbing. Many of the jobs that used to be performed by the public services have been delegated to contract staff, private companies, charities and housing associations. The public sector have reinvented themselves as social engineers ... we can no longer afford such an expensive and poorly performing public service.

Yeah what he said.

As a prime example, I see that the king of 'em all, Lee Jasper, has had to go into temporary hiding resign to avoid what may be some awkward questions.

I can't agree that the provision of services to children in an area like Camden is an unnecessary job.

Nor can I agree 125k is an excessive amount of pay for the post quite honestly.

If we could be sure the calibre of applicant would match the pay I'd be inclined to say its a bit low really, its a huge job.

To put it into perspective, the same money (+bonuses) in the City pays for a "structured property finance executive" according to the copy of the FT I am using instead of a coaster right now.

^ yes but we seemed to manage just fine before all these obscenely paid jobs came into existence. The problem that some of us have is that 11 years ago, before this corrupt and incompetent government got into power - bringing with them their obsessive culture of massive expansion of the public sector which is one of the core neo-left policies - there were 600,000+ less of these jobs.

And our council tax bills were half what they are now, our bins got collected once a week, and things were okay. Now there's 600k more of these civil servants, at VAST expense, are things really that much better? I don't personally think so. In fact it could be argued that things have got worse.

Edited by Prophet_of_Pwnage

I can't agree that the provision of services to children in an area like Camden is an unnecessary job.

Nor can I agree 125k is an excessive amount of pay for the post quite honestly.

If we could be sure the calibre of applicant would match the pay I'd be inclined to say its a bit low really, its a huge job.

To put it into perspective, the same money (+bonuses) in the City pays for a "structured property finance executive" according to the copy of the FT I am using instead of a coaster right now.

When it comes to child care, the state has a very poor record. A growing army of children taught in state run schools are alcoholics and have no respect for themselves or anyone else. Children brought up in council care have particularly poor opportunities in life. The state's relentless interference in the raising of children has destroyed discipline in schools and undermined parental responsibility.

It is the role of parents to look after children, not the state. When it comes to education, the state should also stop micromanaging schools. Councils should have nothing to do with schools other than empty their bins and keep their access roads mended.

And another point, why do we have so many groups trying to do the same thing. There is the police, the local council, countless children's charities, the probation service, volunteer groups etc. Essentially this whole process has turned into one enormous gravy train for people with sociology degrees.

As for salaries, the provision of child care services could be done by any well balanced mother in her 40s. If you were to advertise the job at £40K, first class candidates would be queuing round the block.

Guest Bart of Darkness
If we could be sure the calibre of applicant would match the pay

Yes. A very big "if" though.

When it comes to child care, the state has a very poor record. A growing army of children taught in state run schools are alcoholics and have no respect for themselves or anyone else. Children brought up in council care have particularly poor opportunities in life. The state's relentless interference in the raising of children has destroyed discipline in schools and undermined parental responsibility.

It is the role of parents to look after children, not the state. When it comes to education, the state should also stop micromanaging schools. Councils should have nothing to do with schools other than empty their bins and keep their access roads mended.

And another point, why do we have so many groups trying to do the same thing. There is the police, the local council, countless children's charities, the probation service, volunteer groups etc. Essentially this whole process has turned into one enormous gravy train for people with sociology degrees.

As for salaries, the provision of child care services could be done by any well balanced mother in her 40s. If you were to advertise the job at £40K, first class candidates would be queuing round the block.

Read you two first paragraphs again and then collect your "Golden Contradiction of the week" award