House Price Crash Forum
Clint Flick

A Sellers Pespective

I saw this today at Yahoo Finance. It is getting harder and harder to sell:

Trying to offload my propertys

"I own four propertys, three of them are now on the market with the fourth going onto the market in April.

I have now had these propertys on for 3 months(average) and apart from 1 viewing on two of the propertys i have had no interest at all.

I initially dropped the price about 5 or 7% on what was the old going rate for similar propertys, my thinking is that i do not want to lose 20 or 30% next year so take a drop now.

A few weeks ago i dropped the price on two of the propertys by another 3%, still nothing!.

Now i am getting a little worried, the market really is dead now, and after recent news that Lenders are only going to start tightening the amount they will lend even more i think things will get worse and property will certainly crash, that hurt me to say that (o:.

I now intend to drop the price every two weeks untill they sell, i just do not want to lose everything i have worked for over the last 4 years, if anyone has any tips for me i would be gratefull"

full thread: http://uk.messages.finance.yahoo.com/Your_...&frt=2#3739

Clint

http://www.torexretail.eu/clint

I now intend to drop the price every two weeks untill they sell, i just do not want to lose everything i have worked for over the last 4 years, if anyone has any tips for me i would be gratefull"

Here's a tip. Sign your main residence over to your wife's name.

Edited by The Colour

Clearly this guy is one of the few BTLs who ISN'T in it for the long term. Trouble is, he may find out that he has to be in it for the long term now.....

Ag shame.

He'll need to take off 10% every two weeks if you he wants people's attentions.

I see people knocking off the odd £1000 on Rightmove and thats not going to get anyone interested.

"I own four propertys, .... i just do not want to lose everything i have worked for over the last 4 years, if anyone has any tips for me i would be gratefull"

"worked for"...I think not.

"if anyone has any tips"...yes, get a job and work for your money.

Even given the flat market we now have and prices beginning to fall, it still surprises me how little casual interest there is in houses for sale. Everywhere one is hearing takes of absolutely no interest or perhaps one viewer in 3 months etc. Even if actual sales are stalling, I'd have thought that there'd still be a lot of semi-interested 'maybes' or nosey house lookers about.

Are you from SA Paddles? Haven't heard a good "Ag shame man" in a long time. :lol:

Regards,

Q

Married to one.

I like the phrase "ag, shame"; sarcasm and irony perfectly encapsulated in one and a half words.

...sarcasm and irony perfectly encapsulated in one and a half words.

We strive for economy of effort out in the colonies. ;)

Regards,

Q

We strive for economy of effort out in the colonies. ;)

Regards,

Q

That'll explain the average Afrikaans male's waistband then....

That'll explain the average Afrikaans male's waistband then....

It certainly does - they only focus on red meat, boerewors, potatoes and Castle...economy of effort.

Regards,

Q

It certainly does - they only focus on red meat, boerewors, potatoes and Castle...economy of effort.

Regards,

Q

....leaving the nimble Englishman an opportunity to poach their women!

....leaving the nimble Englishman an opportunity to poach their women!

Yep - just make sure you don't poach the women that have only focused on red meat, boerewors, potatoes and Castle - you know the ones that look like they could kick start a jumbo jet?

"I own four propertys, three of them are now on the market with the fourth going onto the market in April.

I have now had these propertys on for 3 months(average) and apart from 1 viewing on two of the propertys i have had no interest at all.

I initially dropped the price about 5 or 7% on what was the old going rate for similar propertys, my thinking is that i do not want to lose 20 or 30% next year so take a drop now.

A few weeks ago i dropped the price on two of the propertys by another 3%, still nothing!.

Now i am getting a little worried, the market really is dead now, and after recent news that Lenders are only going to start tightening the amount they will lend even more i think things will get worse and property will certainly crash, that hurt me to say that (o:.

Clint

Is that you Ruthven?

anyone read that as boerwhores?

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
anyone read that as boerwhores?

I've had your mum

Guest An Bearin Bui
Trying to offload my
propertys

Clint

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! The moron has a property "portfolio" and doesn't even know the plural of the noun, "property".... one mistake could be a typo but his whole post is littered with illiteracy.

This property boom has been a goldmine for illiterate morons that don't know the difference between an asset and a liability and don't understand basic numerical principles like compound interest. I hope they all lose the shirt off their backs and go back to being a circus act or begging by the roadside, or whatever else village idiots did for a living pre-2001.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! The moron has a property "portfolio" and doesn't even know the plural of the noun, "property".... one mistake could be a typo but his whole post is littered with illiteracy.

I think the intro was supposed to read "It is getting harder and harder to spell"

FWIW, his "propertys" generally have two "stories" :lol:

i just do not want to lose everything i have worked for over the last 4 years"

worked for? i didnt realise he built them. maybe once he realises he hasnt done any work he'll realise why he's about to lose his 'profits' :blink:

Married to one.

I like the phrase "ag, shame"; sarcasm and irony perfectly encapsulated in one and a half words.

Married, erk scary gun toteing in-laws?

Edited by moosetea

Clint

Funny how no-one is jumping up and down and calling him a Troll. But it could be a Bear Troll post (there are such things). Plse refer to the "Is HPC a cult?" thread...

Surely the only advice for a seller now is, cut your price by 50%, just get it over with, save yourself months and months of hassle and heartache. This market is gone, it is not coming back. Some of the threads on here about the state of the financial markets are beginning to worry me, I`m starting to lose interest in the foregone conclusion that is a massive HPC bringing a lot of the rubbish that people live in up and down the country back to the £10,000 that it is really worth.