House Price Crash Forum

Argument With An Ea

HOLA441
I tried to read it but I gave up. Everyones icon is the same and my poor brain just can't process that information quickly enough.

I never know who said what. Icons mean nothing to me - I never look.

The 'secret' to reading these things is to ignore who said what and just read through it, laughing at the bits that make you laugh. Doesn't matter who said what ... so long as it was said.

HOLA442
HOLA443
I never know who said what. Icons mean nothing to me - I never look.

The 'secret' to reading these things is to ignore who said what and just read through it, laughing at the bits that make you laugh. Doesn't matter who said what ... so long as it was said.

You'd be no good as a recorder lol

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

The fact that the olympics only last 16 days was picked up on, but I'm surprised nobody noticed this howler from Stinky:

Daz wrote "...I could understand if you were based in any other city in the UK where they have an over-abundance of new build flats and buy-to-let properties on the rental market..."

and Stinky backed him up with "exactly. with further development plans there, and the strengh of the rental market at the moment, i think if the rent comes close to paying the mortgage its a good investment"

He clearly thinks that an increase in supply will lead to an increase in prices. He also learned to spell Mortgage by that point, but let himself down by misspelling It's

I don't know the area but it appears to be E3.

http://propertysnake.co.uk/site/postcode/e3

To be honest it does look a bit stronger then other areas I've looked at. The OP could get 24% off a 2 bed flat though.

I still don't know how to calculate yield on a BTL. Surely equity should come into it, because if you can sell up and get better returns from that equity in a savings account then you're better off out of the market.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Well what do you expect. Even if your only academic qualification was a GCE in woodwork, you'd still be considered to be too over-qualified to work as an EA. One of my mates - whose IQ just about scrapes into double figures - was able to successfully complete a diploma in property surveying and now works as an (unsuccessful) EA. BTW - nice going with the trolling on the other forum B)

I used to work with a guy who was ARICS and qualified via the NVQ route or whatever they're called. I'm quite serious when I say he had a job to write a cogent sentence. A 10 year old could have written better reports.

He did have doctorate in A. Licking however, and I might say it saved his bacon in the end.