House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Mad Rapper

Argument With An Ea

I post on a discussion board for a property company that I have a very small shareholding (effectively I've written it off as a bad penny-share investmet). I dared to mention the falling property market and was rounded on very quickly!! The words 'running' and 'scared' came to mind. I stand to lose about £50 but some people have pumped in thousands!

That's made me laugh. It seems estate agents are financial whizz kids now and know everything about economics.

The one I spoke to yesterday didnt even know the halifax house price index had dropped or rates were on hold...sorry did I say rates were on hold, I meant put up by 0.3 % by the abbey. :lol:

You might want to mention the Thamesmead flats that were on the box a few weeks ago ... some TV presenter had paid £375k for one and they couldn't 'give them away' for 225k.

Of all the places in the country, London is going to crash and burn.

I'm getting sick of arguing with this guy, it's not even my industry and I am embarassing him with his lack of knowledge.

Did you know Estate Agents are not legally required to have ANY qualifications? From his continual spelling errors, I suspect he didn't even accomplish his English GCSE! :lol:

I'm getting sick of arguing with this guy, it's not even my industry and I am embarassing him with his lack of knowledge.

Well what do you expect. Even if your only academic qualification was a GCE in woodwork, you'd still be considered to be too over-qualified to work as an EA. One of my mates - whose IQ just about scrapes into double figures - was able to successfully complete a diploma in property surveying and now works as an (unsuccessful) EA. BTW - nice going with the trolling on the other forum B)

I agree with the points you make but frankly, you come accross as a total tosser.

100%, Guaranteed.

Edit: Removed comment about being a hypocrite as thats exactly what I did last week. I guess I am just as much of a tosser.

Edited by SpiceWorld!

Good work. He doesn't seem to be making a very good case for himself.

I'm unfortunate enough to live in a flat above 2 estate agent outlets. The one directly below me has only been open about a month, and yesterday evening they seemed to be having some sort of opening party. I wonder if they'll still be cracking open the champagne in a year or two's time.

I agree with the points you make but frankly, you come accross as a total tosser.

100%, Guaranteed.

Edit: Removed comment about being a hypocrite as thats exactly what I did last week. I guess I am just as much of a tosser.

Lol

But fairs fair - the greedy had their turn. Hopefully its going to bite them and cause more pain than it has for us secondclass citizens who have been priced out of the trough - either because we can't borrow that much or because only a ******ing idiot would.

But how many of us have effectively made the decision that even if prices do come down and we can afford something reasonable - we would still be planning to leave the country?

Did you know Estate Agents are not legally required to have ANY qualifications?

Actually, they are required by law to have NO qualifications. A thinking Estate Agent could help to scupper the government's plans to have everyone enslaved by debt.

Reminds me of sooo many conversations i've had. :(

why do we still bother? the opposition are not open to persausion, genuinely thinking we're tinfoil hat wearing lunatics who cant grasp the obvious truth THAT EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE. In America, right now, despite the acceleratting price falls, abandoned neighbourhoods and actual shanty towns springing up, alot of people are convinced that house prices are going to come back soon and that there isn't really a problem. If the sheeple can deny what is actually going on in the face of such overwhelming evidence what chance do you stand in a forum argument?

I also like how casually the meeja gets blamed for NR :blink:

Going off at a tangent, the fact that a student is trying to buy his third property whilst living on a student loan and living with his gran is yet another example of how inflated the bubble has become.

I tried to read it but I gave up. Everyones icon is the same and my poor brain just can't process that information quickly enough.

Edited by jez123

the estate agents down the street from me opened with much fan fare and enticing leaflet through the doors a few months ago. It is now a tatoo parlour!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

i had a real life argument with an EA yesterday. He was showing me around a flat. At the end he mentioned that "house prices in london only go up", and I saw red. I asked him how old he was (22) and then proceeded to explain a little bit about economic cycles. The cheeky little shit asked me if I had a house, as though in a thatcheresque way I was a failure without. I couldn't be bothered to explain the beauty of liquid assets, so whilst my girlfriend was on the verge of glaring at me I left him - without an offer.

Edited by switters

..... so whilst my girlfriend was on the verge of glaring at me I left.....

Wuss.

Have a Good Life. :unsure:

Edited by JohnG

My husband is embarrassed every time we look at a house..because I always start to argue wit the EA..I just cant take all the ******** they try to feed us :rolleyes: The very young ones are the worst..I gave up to argue with them..pointless :lol:

I stand to lose about £50 but some people have pumped in thousands!

Don't knock it.... another 6 years that could buy you a nice 2-up-2-down somewhere.