House Price Crash Forum

On A Lighter Note...

HOLA441

I read this in someone's signature recently and made a mental note of it, but now can't remember what the rest of it was.

I realise there's a lot going on the the markets at the moment, and at the risk of fiddling while Rome burns I just wanted to ask, can anyone tell me what it is?

P.S. i also liked, 'Elections are an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods'.

HOLA442
Guest Skint Academic

"Never confuse wisdom with luck."

Mr Academic and I are currently hiring all the DVDs of DS9. We watched a Ferengi episode last night where Quarks's mother decides to start wearing clothes and making profit.

"But she's a FEEE-MALE".

EDIT: Forgot to post the link

http://www.allprimed.com/ussvesuvius/acquisition.htm

44th law probably applies to bulls who bought at the bottom of the bubble by accident ...

Edited by Skint Academic

HOLA443

Cheers Skint, please forgive my familiarity.

That's why I'd made the mental note, in reference to a bull of the kind you mention.

I'm not really a DS9 fan and didn't realise the quote related to ferengi laws, but for the moment I think no.3 seems appropriate;

Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.

:)

editted to add: I see, rule 94.

Edited by macfarlan

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Skint Academic

In case anyone gets confused by the altruistic rules that appear in there which are a complete contrast to another rule of the same number, it comes from an episode where the Grand Naigus (sp?) goes somewhat mad and starts re-writing them all in "Prophet Motive". Thing is though, you could probably learn a lot from these rules! I think the rules currently the most relevant to the problems we face today (and for the forseeable future ) ...

111. Treat people in your debt like family--exploit them.

106. There is no honor in poverty.

Relevant to estate agents / solicitors / politicians is ...

47. Never trust anyone whose suit is nicer than your own.

And the whole basis of the capitalist system seems to be (would make good demotivator poster too) ...

211: Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success-- don't hesitate to step on them.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I read this in someone's signature recently and made a mental note of it, but now can't remember what the rest of it was.

I realise there's a lot going on the the markets at the moment, and at the risk of fiddling while Rome burns I just wanted to ask, can anyone tell me what it is?

P.S. i also liked, 'Elections are an advance auction on the sale of stolen goods'.

I like Unwritten Rule

When no appropriate rule applies, make one up

and one of the Unofficial Rules

If you fly in, float in it or f**k in it, rent it, its cheaper in the long run