House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Worldwide Shares Slump

They haven't woken up at all - see the line "investors troubled by signs the US housing market is deteriorating", which I'm sure should actually read "investors troubled by signs the US housing market crash is worsening".

There is no mention of US house price figures.

Yes now could be a good time to buy for the long term. I've been gradually buying out of favour stocks (i.e. banks) for my pension.

In the medium term I'm stockpiling cash - if the property market falls a lot I'll buy another flat, if it doesn't I'll trade up my current flat.

:lol:

there's definiely a little pessimism in the air.personally,I don't think stocks are in a bubble.some are but on the hwole they've done nothing in ten years.

I am waiting for more selling but there is some compelling value in the pharma and oil sectors.

your not wrong

Worley Parsons (ASX:WOR) had another excellent six months to finish off 2007. The company has four sectors that all performed well; minerals and metals, power, infrastructure, and hydrocarbons. But the hydrocarbons sector was spectacular, thanks to Canadian business. Worley is well and truly entrenched as the single best oil services stock in Australia.

Here's the financial stuff. Revenues were up 56% to AU$2.2 billion. Profits attributable to shareholders were up 62% to AU$153 million. There's little else you need to know, really

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/Company...amp;asxCode=wor

Friday morning in the BBC, the Sun is shining, saunter in around 9.30ish, have a natter with my mates about what was on the telly last night, bitch about ITV profits falling, pop out to get a Costa Coffee and a croissant, (Why did the licence fee payer stop paying for my croissants?), but at least it allows me to get a decent cup of java, saunter on back in, go to the papers desk and pick up a couple of tabloids and all the broadsheets, sit down for a few hours, drink my double expresso latte with whipped cream and double mocha choca...

Thinking about it... 11.30 in the morning is pretty soon for them to pick up on the markets collapsing.