House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Woman Ordered To Hand Back £250,000 Profits From Theft

Guess on what she spent the money! No prizes for regular HPCers I am afraid.

Feel free to add your comments on the original website.

But Swansea Crown Court heard today that Beynon had also created a lucrative property portfolio which had made her at least two and a half times what she had stolen.

It included a Welsh country cottage in Carmarthenshire, a terrace house in Llandeilo, two luxury apartments in Swansea marina and a detached family house in Llanbybie, near Ammanford.

Full article here:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...tentPK=20084787

Guess on what she spent the money! No prizes for regular HPCers I am afraid.

Thought theft was Swansea's main industry - unemplyment will skyrocket if they outlaw it!

Interestingly, my favouite tower block flats have now dropped in price:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-176...=1&tr_t=buy

Was £395,000 now £375,000 - down from 20x average swansea earnings to 19x, get in whilst you can. Advertised as resale despite the fact that it hasn;t actually been built yet..

And;

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-...91466-20571271/

The judge was told Beynon had spent the stolen money setting up Beynon Properties Ltd, private education for two of her children and lavish holidays.
After yesterday’s hearing, Detective Inspector Richard Hopkin, who heads Dyfed- Powys Police’s financial crime team, said he was pleased with the outcome.

He said during the current financial year the force had persuaded the courts to confiscate almost £1m from criminals.

He said, “The outcome of this case sends out two very clear messages to the public.

“First: crime does not pay.

“The second is that even though the monies stolen from the original criminality was paid back to its rightful owner, any benefit obtained from the theft has also got to be paid back.”

The £250,000 that Beynon has now been ordered to pay back will take the total figure confiscated in the case to £354,000, Det Insp Hopkin said.

Thought theft was Swansea's main industry - unemplyment will skyrocket if they outlaw it!

Was £395,000 now £375,000 - down from 20x average swansea earnings to 19x, get in whilst you can. Advertised as resale despite the fact that it hasn;t actually been built yet..

I wonder if it will ever be finished? Might have a half built tower standing in the middle of Swansea for decades to come IMPO. There are quite a few flats there up on Rightmove. People getting nervous?

Edit: Oops that the is cheese wedge building you are referring to aren't you. I was referring to the 'other' tower. Gee, there are just so many going up in Swansea now it is so easy to get confused.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

I wonder if it will ever be finished? Might have a half built tower standing in the middle of Swansea for decades to come IMPO. There are quite a few flats there up on Rightmove. People getting nervous?

Edit: Oops that the is cheese wedge building you are referring to aren't you. I was referring to the 'other' tower. Gee, there are just so many going up in Swansea now it is so easy to get confused.

Swansea, the new Manhattan.

Jeeeeeesus.

If they bothered to look at the mouseprice data and found that the highest price paid for a flat in the past 6 months in SA1 was £185k (July last year), and nothing else for more than £150k, I think they'd go through Nervous and straight into Gibbering Panic.

flipping hell

Why is the company still trading?

Name & Registered Office:

BEYNON PROPERTIES LIMITED

LLYS WERDD LLANGWYDDFAN

LANE LLANDYBIE

AMMANFORD

CARMARTHENSHIRE

SA18 2TG

Company No. 04952209

Date of Incorporation: 04/11/2003

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7020 - Letting of own property

Accounting Reference Date: 30/11

Last Accounts Made Up To: 30/11/2006 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2008

Last Return Made Up To: 04/11/2007

Next Return Due: 02/12/2008

Last Members List: 04/11/2006

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

Branch Details

There are no branches associated with this company.