House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice

We Are Heading For Yet More Tax On Beer

Seems like we are not using the pubs like we did before smoking was banned so now they want to make up the shortfall even as we already pay a lot more for drink then just about anywhere in europe.

Binge drinking is an excuse by the nanney state and next it will be binge eating.

Do you think this rise will be added to the inflation figures or does that not count or something.

None of this extra tax rises seem to make it back to the british working class so where is it all going apart from helping immigrants flood in to supress our wages.

Yep, if the people are using it more then tax it. Suprised they hav'nt thought of taxing knives. . . . . They wouldnt would they.. ?

Seems like we are not using the pubs like we did before smoking was banned.

Who would have thought it! local pubs have been noticeably quiet since the smoking ban, there was 6 people in my local last sat at 9:30, i cant see it staying open much longer.

I think part of the problem for pubs is that the discrepancy is widening between the price of drinks in the pub and the price from the supermarket.

I personally dont drink at home I see drinking as a social activity where you go out to the local and meet people and have a few beers and a chat about House prices etc, I prefer tea or coffee when im sat at home. Its sad to see the good old fashioned local disappearing, the big city pubs are just barns to get as many people in and fill them with as much drink as they can on a friday and saturday nights thats where they should be cracking down on not the goold old local which used to be at the heart of the community

god I hate this.

they go on a crusade against binge drinking just because they can tax the **** out of everything.

I'll have to resort to my plan B at some point. Go back to northern Italy and re-plant grampa's vineyard.

I'll actually tell my old man to do that. He's already making some 30 gallons of phenomenal grappa every year.

I'll have to resort to my plan B at some point. Go back to northern Italy and re-plant grampa's vineyard.

This link's been spammed about on usenet (i've added a space to the url)

Set in 1.25 acres of land, in a valley with mountains surrounding and

in olive grove and vineyard with other fruits of all kinds. Just back

from southern coast of the island.Private sale. Full details:

http://www.homesinsicily .com/tranquil/tranquil.htm

This link's been spammed about on usenet (i've added a space to the url)

Set in 1.25 acres of land, in a valley with mountains surrounding and

in olive grove and vineyard with other fruits of all kinds. Just back

from southern coast of the island.Private sale. Full details:

http://www.homesinsicily .com/tranquil/tranquil.htm

Not bad, but sicily is third world to be honest. It's ok for a short break, but try to live there and you'll realize that there are less services than in rural Turkey.

Personally, I'm thinking about my homeland, between the lakes and Switzerland. Here's a snippet

valtellinabu1.jpg

Not bad, but sicily is third world to be honest. It's ok for a short break, but try to live there and you'll realize that there are less services than in rural Turkey.

Personally, I'm thinking about my homeland, between the lakes and Switzerland. Here's a snippet

One question... what the fu3k are you doing in the UK when you could be living there?!

:lol::lol:

I'll second that. I was there for a conference a bit back and wanted to get a taxi into the nearest town. Two Americans were stood next to me waiting for the bus, which duly pulled up. Looking like something straight of the 1950s. One of the Americans says 'oh my gooooood, this is worse than Mexico!!'.

Cue me and my mate rolling around with laughter.

Brew your own! However, to do this cheaply you should have been bulk buying the ingredients last year (like me) when the cereal crop warnings came through ;)

lol.... did you buy a 3000L stainless steel vat before Stainless steel jumped in price too?

God damn chinese. :lol:

god I hate this.

they go on a crusade against binge drinking just because they can tax the **** out of everything.

I'll actually tell my old man to do that. He's already making some 30 gallons of phenomenal grappa every year.

Does he also use it to clean garden tools? :lol:

That's it. I must admit I do work in a bar and the margin they make is quite staggering. I think the goverment should maybe take a bigger slice of beer when drunk out, but they get the VAT, corp tax e.t.c. so they already have apretty big finger in the pie.

valtellinabu1.jpg

Tis lovely!

One question... what the fu3k are you doing in the UK when you could be living there?!

Now there is a good question!

Need an opperation on the NHS? :lol::lol:

No I am sure you are working here aren't you? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

I'll second that. I was there for a conference a bit back and wanted to get a taxi into the nearest town. Two Americans were stood next to me waiting for the bus, which duly pulled up. Looking like something straight of the 1950s. One of the Americans says 'oh my gooooood, this is worse than Mexico!!'.

Cue me and my mate rolling around with laughter.

lol.

Did they change there mind and walk?

No, i thought not!! :lol::lol: