House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
right_freds_dead

Does Anyone Here Remember How Good The 1990s Were

the western story has become the same. labour rape. freedom sodomy and pension blow jobs. this world has enslaved me and i didnt even see it happen.

Its all in the self mate, its not a M&S issue.

Cups half full not half empty kind of a deal.

Positive reinforcement that you count and can be happy if you want to be.

Keep posting, I for one enjoy ;)

i dont need to know that the shoes im walking in are killing a family of five in indonesia.

They're not. But if they ever read this self-absorbed post they might die laughing at your "problems".

Sorry fred, you like to whinge too much. Get a life mate.

the way I see it, even if you're free of all the ties in this world you're a slave to death anyway

the next moment could be boom... all over and there isn't a f*cking thing you can do about it

try and live for your dreams but appreciate the moment too...

One thing I don't remember so much about the 90's was a continual day to day change in laws/regulations/taxes or some new ill-conceived grand plan floated just about every week.

What we a seeing now certainly is going to cripple existing companies and lead to a blight in start-ups when the free and easy money dries up. Then we'll see who is wearing no shorts and how unviable this whole situation really is.

retired/.

Housing affordability in the 1990's - here goes. House bought in late 1989 - 100% mortgage _£43k - loan was 2.15 times salary - sold in 2003 for £99k

To buy the same house now, would need pay in the region of £155k - loan would be 4.5 times present salary, which I could not now afford. So RFD, to answer your question, houses were more affordable, food, energy and diesel were cheaper (not just relatively either) and I believe things were better for me and my family. The Spice Girls even looked attractive.

Well, four of them did.

Go on then, who's your odd one out?

Seriously, the (mid) 1990s may well have been better but we completely discounted the benefits 'cos we were all utterly obsessed with the countdown 'till the Tories got booted out of office. Remember?

Yeah I remember the 90s - funded my education (and booze) with cheap credit and have paid it all off just in time for the crunch. Talk about timing - you beauty :P

Go on then, who's your odd one out?

Scary and Posh. Posh wouldn't look too bad except that she is scarily thin. The more buxom version of Geri Halliwell (pre-solo career) gets my vote.